Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Making Exodus 30 Anointing Oil

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
flameoffire

Michigan

Making Exodus 30 Anointing Oil

http://www.myolivetree.com/kingsoil

This ministry decided to recreate the anointing oil from Exodus 30 with the original ingredients and measurements for use by Christians.

I stumbled across this recently and found it very interesting. Strangely enough I had actually thought about this before in a "what if. . .?" moment. There's definitely some potential controversy here, though this may not be a major issue. I am not into Judaica, but found this interesting. We are priests unto God Rev. 1:6. There is also an explicit command in Exodus not to recreate this anointing oil or use it for anyone other than priests and sacred objects.

The following is a set of scripture correlations from the makers of the "King's Oil."

Quote:
The King's Oil was made is accordance with the guidelines and instructions found in Exodus 30. It is an exclusive My Olive Tree product that uses the finest ingredients found in Exodus 30 along with olive oil that was harvested directly from Perry Stone's olive tree grove in Israel. This oil was prepared by a believing Israeli chemist according to the ancient art of the Biblical apothecary. It has a beautiful fragrance that will fill the air in a similar way to how it once filled the temple in Jerusalem where Jesus worshiped. Although it's dark appearance and grainy texture is not what one might expect we are excited that the Church is drawing closer and closer to her roots and her heritage as mysteries are revealed about our ancient faith. The Kings Oil is not only drawing the Church back to her roots it is also drawing denominations closer together to a place of common ground. As it says in Psalm 133:1,2, "Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious oil upon the head, running down the beard, the beard of Aaron...." The anointing oil can be used during personal or corporate times of prayer, such as when praying for others or anointing your home in the same manner that the priest would anoint the various items in the Tabernacle as a sign of sanctification or setting apart. This oil can be controversial based off some of the interpretations of Exodus 30, but we believe that we have been called to be part of the restoration of this holy oil. Below is a list of scriptural correlations that explain more in depth about the purpose and symbolism of the oil in both the old and new testament scriptures; it is available for further research and study. The King's Oil project has been co-sponsored by Perry Stone, Curt Landry and Ron Phillips. Scripture Study on the Holy Anointing Oil Exodus 30:22-33 (NKJV) 22 Moreover the LORD spoke to Moses, saying: 23 "Also take for yourself quality spices - five hundred shekels of liquid myrrh, half as much sweet-smelling cinnamon (two hundred and fifty shekels), two hundred and fifty shekels of sweet-smelling cane, 24 five hundred shekels of cassia, according to the shekel of the sanctuary, and a hin of olive oil. 25 And you shall make from these a holy anointing oil, an ointment compounded according to the art of the perfumer. It shall be a holy anointing oil. 26 With it you shall anoint the tabernacle of meeting and the ark of the Testimony; 27 the table and all its utensils, the lampstand and its utensils, and the altar of incense; 28 the altar of burnt offering with all its utensils, and the laver and its base. 29 You shall consecrate them, that they may be most holy; whatever touches them must be holy. 30 And you shall anoint Aaron and his sons, and consecrate them, that they may minister to Me as priests. 31 "And you shall speak to the children of Israel, saying: 'This shall be a holy anointing oil to Me throughout your generations. 32 It shall not be poured on man's flesh; nor shall you make any other like it, according to its composition. It is holy, and it shall be holy to you. 33 Whoever compounds any like it, or whoever puts any of it on an outsider, shall be cut off from his people.'" Old Testament / New Testament Correlations With it you shall anoint the tabernacle of meeting and the ark of the Testimony; 27 the table and all its utensils, the lampstand and its utensils, and the altar of incense; 28 the altar of burnt offering with all its utensils, and the laver and its base. (Exodus 30:26-28) Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? (1 Corinthians 3:16) Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? (1 Corinthians 6:19) ...in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. Ephesians 2:21 (NKJV) You shall consecrate them, that they may be most holy; whatever touches them must be holy. (Exodus 30:26-28) Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. (James 5:14-15) And you shall anoint Aaron and his sons, and consecrate them, that they may minister to Me as priests. (Exodus 30:30) Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. (1 Samuel 16:13) and [Jesus] has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. (Revelation 1:6) It shall not be poured on man's flesh; nor shall you make any other like it, according to its composition. (Exodus 30:32) For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. (Romans 8:5-9) Whoever compounds any like it, or whoever puts any of it on an outsider, shall be cut off from his people. (Exodus 30:33) For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. Christ Our Cornerstone. Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit. (Ephesians 2:18-22)

2011/6/7 4:23Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Making Exodus 30 Anointing Oil

What a heap of hogwash!

Another scam like the 'end of the world' scam.

But, like all scams, people will fall for it.

Even though scripture says not to recreate the oil, guess what? They have twisted scripture to please themselves.

It says the oil should not go on the flesh, yet they have used scripture according to their own imagination so that it can be used on the flesh.

To be honest, its just complete nonsense.

Others, no doubt, will add their own comments.

God bless.

2011/6/7 6:55Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Are you not content to just buy olive oil and pray over it? (huge grin) I believe that under the New Covenant, the anointing doesn't come from the ingredients but by the Holy Spirit!

God bless you,
Sister Lisa

2011/6/7 7:36Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

I agree with Enid and Lysa.

2011/6/7 8:42Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

Sister Lisa, are you crazy? One should not pray over olive oil!..........One should pray over extra virgin olive oil. (bigger grin).

2011/6/7 9:04Profile

Re:

Quote:
One should pray over extra virgin olive oil.

You forgot "organic". (Biggest grin)

2011/6/7 9:50
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by lylewise
Sister Lisa, are you crazy? One should not pray over olive oil!..........One should pray over extra virgin olive oil. (bigger grin).

You got me!!! I read, "Are you crazy?" and thought, "Oh man, not this morning Lord, please... not over oil."

So you got me, brother! I had a much needed chuckle over this!!! Thank you very much!!

God bless you!!
Sister Lisa

2011/6/7 11:36Profile
allaboard

Re:

I use Mobil 1. It gets you farther down the road. It's man-made but most everything else in Christendom is, too.

2011/6/7 20:30Profile

Quote:
This ministry decided to recreate the anointing oil from Exodus 30 with the original ingredients and measurements for use by Christians.

Dangerous and foolish! Rebellions is as the sin of witchcraft.

The very scriptural passage where that recipe is given warns that this oil is never to be remade; none is to be compounded like it. Sounds pretty clear to me.

2011/6/9 11:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy