SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Please Post Testimonies of Answered Prayer Here

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
You asked for answered prayers concerning hard times...I am not sure where you are at spiritually because of your request, but I suspect your faith needs some strengthening, right? or wrong?

Let me preface my answer to the above question by saying I'm really happy for you, ginnyrose, that something like this has happened to you, I sincerely am. I'm almost shocked by your testimonies. But in my life, something like that never really has happened, especially these days.

yes! my faith is on life support. I was seriously contemplating the existence of a loving God that cares when I really didn't get any responses from Him. Most times, when I put myself out on the line for God, I was severely punished or worse yet, NOTHING HAPPENED. Also the people in my life have no idea what true Christianity is about. I ask God for help and I'm surrounded by more charlatans.

The only glimmer of hope has come through the people I met here on this forum. The people I have interacted with are people of character. I know people here sincerely believe. I'm relieved that they understand my point of views on the modern church. I felt like I was the only one who saw the corruption/deception of the modern church.

That is one answered prayer in my life. That I can now fellowship with people who genuinely seek God on this forum. I am thankful of that. But that came with much persistence, shame, tears, embarrassment and I'm beat. I'm sick and tired of seeking when I'm not getting any remedies for my pain. I've lost almost all hope (this is not for you guys to pity me.. btw) but deep down I still believe there has to be a God. He is just being really silent to me or he's doing something else. I have no idea.

This is a very dark time in my life but it's slowly getting better.

I've spent all of my 401k, the savings I had left, racked up a significant credit card debt waiting on God's word. I felt like I was in the wilderness and all I heard was "seek me, and I will add all these things". I seriously felt God was saying to not look for a job. And somehow things will work out. Well that was wrong, I lost about $50k waiting for God to appear and now I'm in serious debt. I just gave up and started looking for a job, I couldn't wait any longer. I kept telling myself that if I looked for a job directly, it was due to my lack of faith cause I felt God was specifically going to do something.

I'm also in my early 30's. I should probably be married. But praying for a wife didn't work and I'm not going to settle with any girl. God did not show up so I'm going to take care of it on my own. You can't just sit there and pray. I've had girlfriends before and it was not because it was a divine appointment from God. I went out and actively did what I had to do just like any normal human being.

I've lost most of my friends. I'm going to go out and make new friends. Friends don't like to talk about Jesus. You lose many cool points for talking about Jesus. I'm really not an idiot.

My used to be close nit family acts like strangers now. My cousin recently graduated from school and we didn't even know about it. My father left us when I was in jr. high.

My supposedly close college friends who I met at a xian club are all going straight to hell.

I'm surrounded by Purpose Driven, Joel Osteen Humanistic believers of church who use church for social or financial gain.

etc, there are more but who cares...

I know I pretty much have said the same thing. "my life sucks." everytime but the difference these days is that it is getting better. it's slow but there is a difference. Let me make that clear. My physical life is not getting better but my spiritual life is getting better. Despite all this crap, I'm beginning to understand who God is. It is completely irrational and backwards but it is what it is and I'm no masochist. I did not choose to suffer.

But God probably was really trying to get attention. He could've gave me all my heart's evil desires and I'd be going straight to hell.

"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains" - C.S. Lewis

you're talking to a guy that thought God wanted me to go to hell and all of this was just false hope, a clever ruse, where God decieves us into believing that we can go to heaven but dooms us all to hell anyway.

But now I'm thinking maybe God really does care, maybe this is just tough love, BUT IT'S HARD WHEN THE ONLY COMMUNICATION is PAIN, silence, PAIN, confusion, silence, betrayal, PAIN, silence, frustration, brokenness and more PAIN.

2011/6/12 2:46
gazzer

Re:

hello brethern

i was over my mothers house ,speaking about our lord jesus as i usaly do ,i was what i called filled with the spirit
wile i was talking in the middle of the conversation ,i herd a voice in my ears ,,,,that said I WILL HEAL BRENDA
AS I HERD THIS VOICE iinstantly started crying with joy

and i said t my mum ,mum mum ,, iv just herd gods voice
and i realed what i herd ,i was totaly convinced this was god speaking ,with out doubt ,i dont no why but i was convinced

i said to mum ,he must me going to heal brendas soul

brenda is my lovly wife

i had unspeakable joy

two weeks latter ,, my wife was told by doctors she had cancer in her blood tests ,and in her others test cancer showed up in a poulp in her bowl

even tho i was shocked ,,i instinktivly rememberd what the vpice said to me that day i was preaching the gosple to my mother

so i relised what the voice meant ,when he said ,

I WILL HEAL BRENDA ,

I reminded my wife what god said he would do ,and we held on to that promice ,with both hands

and prayed with the faith god granted me ,through is adable word

and lo and behold , two weeks later

the doctores did another blood test ,and there was no cancer in her blood ,or in the poulp that they removed

the doctors asked if we changed her diet becasue they new somthing was going on

but my wife cofessed to them god heald her

i owe god my life ,he died for me ,he saved me ,he saved my wifes life ,,i cant repay him for what he does

but i can praise god brothers and sisters

and i know he will do this for others

be happy and believe that all things are possable with god ,tho it might be imposable with men

im verry happy now when i rember the time god gave us healing ,, he is a good god

we must believe that he is a rewared of those who seek him
but i thamk god he spoe to me that day ,becasue i dont think i would have had the faith other wise un derthose conditions

prasie god ,praise god ,haliluya , to god in the highest

2011/6/12 4:29Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i have had many answers to prayer but this seems to be about economic answers so i will tell this story.most of my life in the ministry i haave worked in retail electronics and appliance sales and management.i was on the staff of a church doing homeless ministry on saturday night and all day sunday. the state voted to do away with the blue laws which forbade stores like ours to open on sunday and i had to work or quit one or the other. i quit my job and went to work at a car lot that had a great rep.the manager i worked for was the most vile man i have ever been around. he cursed me and the staff daily in front of customers and many customers left the dealership because of him. my income was less than one third of what it had been but i continued because of the homeless, but cried out to God to open up other doors. one day i felt i could take no more and i went to work to hand in my notice and when i got to work i asked to see the owner and he welcomed me into his office and told me that before i said anything he had something to tell me... he had fired the vile manager and asked my help to manage until he found someone more fitting and promised to take care of me. our business more than doubled and my income soared with being what they call the house mouse(getting all the house deals)this continued until i built up a nice clientel. i stayed for many happy years.jimp

2011/6/12 6:01Profile

Re:

Quote:
hi, i have had many answers to prayer but this seems to be about economic answers so i will tell this story.most of my life in the ministry i haave worked in retail electronics and appliance sales and management.i was on the staff of a church doing homeless ministry on saturday night and all day sunday. the state voted to do away with the blue laws which forbade stores like ours to open on sunday and i had to work or quit one or the other. i quit my job and went to work at a car lot that had a great rep.the manager i worked for was the most vile man i have ever been around. he cursed me and the staff daily in front of customers and many customers left the dealership because of him. my income was less than one third of what it had been but i continued because of the homeless, but cried out to God to open up other doors. one day i felt i could take no more and i went to work to hand in my notice and when i got to work i asked to see the owner and he welcomed me into his office and told me that before i said anything he had something to tell me... he had fired the vile manager and asked my help to manage until he found someone more fitting and promised to take care of me. our business more than doubled and my income soared with being what they call the house mouse(getting all the house deals)this continued until i built up a nice clientel. i stayed for many happy years.jimp

unbelievable. I heard that God always comes through just in the nick of time. He always waits until the end. In your testimony, you were about to quit. This is such a crazy rollercoaster ride. The ups and downs are crazy but I'm really glad that God came through in your testimony and ultimately he is to be praised. wow. thank you for that testimony.

2011/6/12 6:22
jimp

Re:

hi, thought of another great miacle from God in this area.... one of my dear friends was a successful business man who did great things for the Lord in new orleans(held youth picnics with shows and preaching in every project in new orleans and led thousands of poor ,mostly black kids to the Lord.... supported ministries like a millionaire in giving and became a millionaire himself. started building houses from slidell to mandeville... had 50 houses that he owned and Katrina was heading straight for his houses. he and his son prayed all night for Gods favorin this sure delemma that could bankrupt them. the storms eye went though slidell and when the dust cleared and they were able to check the damages... not a window was broken ,not any damage at all to any of the houses.. no trees fell on any..with damage all around nothing came by his dwellings. his plane was in a hanger. the hanger was blown 100 ft. away and the hangar door several hundred feet away and his plane was moored in place with no damage... his personal residence was the only house in his area with no damage. jimp

2011/6/12 9:27Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

codek,

I hear you - loud and clear.

Let me share something more - this will not be anything new. If you want to experience God in your life, you will literally have to come to the end of your self. You have to hit rock bottom, be at a place where the only way out is by grabbing the lifeline thrown to you by Jesus himself.

From my testimony you could get the idea we live on easy street - not so. The business we are in has serious challenges. Sometimes it seems as though the devil is working hard to destroy it, but then the blessings come through: the spiritual conversations I have with customers, the sales of our produce. And the white flies still challenge all of our efforts towards eradicating them. We work hard, yet I know we are where God wants us. How do I know?

We had made entering this business a matter of prayer and felt this is what we should do, so we looked for land to buy to locate this business. We came up to a wall that totally blocked us. No where else to go. Then we came to this point that if this was God's will he will have to open the way...in the meantime, I was wishing we could locate it near a certain place on the highway because of its location, but knew there was no land for sale there and...then one day a land owner asked us if we would want to buy some of his land - and it was near this intersection. God led us there, codek. We did no arm twisting, manipulating of anything. Prayed and waited after exhausting all the normal possibilities.

In the waiting, codek, you do not ever want to sin. This should be a no-brainer. It does not matter whether it is looking for a wife or a job or in knowing how to relate to your family.

Family relations can get rough. I know - been there. But they are still your family and the Bible still says you are to honor your mother, even if her IQ may be low - she still birthed you and that was no picnic.

Brother, you will never get to the point where you feel like you have arrived and that there is no room for growth. The more you grow the greater your sense of the holiness of God impacts your mind, your emotions and then your lifestyle.

Quote:
you're talking to a guy that thought God wanted me to go to hell and all of this was just false hope, an evil trick where God decieves us that we can go to heaven but dooms us all to hell anyway. But now I'm thinking maybe God really does care, maybe this is just tough love, BUT IT'S HARD WHEN THE ONLY COMMUNICATION is PAIN, silence, PAIN, confusion, frustration, brokenness and more PAIN.

This is not all unusual. I can relate although the details vary. I think it is a test God will put us through to test our loyalty to him.

Checkout Habakkuk 3. Here are verses 17 - 18:

17 Though the fig tree should not blossom
And there be no fruit on the vines,
Though the yield of the olive should fail
And the fields produce no food,
Though the flock should be cut off from the fold
And there be no cattle in the stalls,

18Yet I will exult in the LORD,
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.

Codek, life is hard. Many times many things will go wrong. God allows this to demonstrate to us our limited ability to help our selves. Then once he is at the helm, He still allows us to go through storms, through fire to purify us. Do not ever forget that. In the meantime, there will be temporal blessings, but the spiritual far out weigh the temporal. (Did you know I had to relinquish a 25 YO daughter to cancer and eventual death? I would never have chosen that path - and it is a good thing God did not ask for my approval because if he had I would have said "NO!" But, oh, the lessons I learned are so awesome - only God could orchestrate that.)

All you have to do is surrender to God everything but also know that the scripture tells us that if you are not going to work, you should not eat, either! :-)

God bless you, brother!

ginnyrose

2011/6/12 9:39Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

I cannot reveal the details of how God specifically answered a prayer, for to do so may be to expose. But I can say that in response to five or six believers yesterday crying out to God for wisdom, and power from on high, the Holy Spirit turned the pleasures of sin for a season into vomit for someone.

The bible says that if we pray according to his will we have the things we asked for. In the last 48 hours I have seen this to come true in such a vivid way. Those who prayed marveled at the power and glory of God. We witnessed a miracle today, and there is no two ways about it. Jesus is ready to answer all the prayers prayed according to his will.

I really wish I could share the details, just know that God is amazing. I have broken into tears on probably a dozen different occasions with gratitude to God this day. He is risen!

2011/6/12 23:41Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
just know that God is amazing. I have broken into tears on probably a dozen different occasions with gratitude to God this day. He is risen!

Praise God!!!

Today was an amazing day. The Lord was ministering to His people. I was so touched by God!! Joy unspeakable and full of glory!!! Peace that surpasses all understanding!

Great is your faithfullness our God
Our cup Runneth over
with your love
Thank you Jesus
for Dying
for us
his love covers us
his love covers us
his love covers us

Great is your faithfullness our God!

2011/6/13 1:08Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, you should never be sad, after all, you live in paradise.jimp lol

2011/6/13 3:27Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

The Lord delivered me of a strong man and since that day the lord has kept me strong and sheltered me in the heat of the day. The most amazing thing about this is when i tried to stop this sin in my own strength i would become weak and tired and would sucumb to the temptation after a season. now i wake up and i can feel the Lord covering me in his armour. the temptations come and go but they dont get any place and flee as the word of the Lord battles them in my mind. i can truley say that i am resting in the strength of the lord in this area of my life and the joy in my heart of being free is overwelming.

2011/6/13 6:45Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy