SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Please Post Testimonies of Answered Prayer Here

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Please Post Testimonies of Answered Prayer Here

I'm not sure I've seen many answered prayer postings here and I would like to start one. It just helps to hear about testimonies when you are in hard times. I'm sure I don't just speak for me but for a lot of people.

2011/6/6 21:55

Re: Please Post Testimonies of Answered Prayer Here

Yes, that was the whole point of my last post called Where is the Power?. This forum is called Miracles That Follow The Plow and yet rarely does anyone have any praise reports of answered prayer. (No one responded). Instead, there are mostly prayer requests on this forum. If prayer supposedly has so much power, and if Christianity has power, then where is it??

And why is it that when people pray for me, nothing happens?
Is it their lack of faith? Presence of sin-their's or mine? Lack of sincere effort, passion, and earnestness? Resistance from "powers in high places"?

I don't see other people's prayers getting answered over mine. Yet it's like everyone is just ignoring that elephant in the room and pretending everything is ok. I think it is time to get real and face it.

2011/6/8 18:46
MaryJane

Re:

Codek

I am sorry for over looking your post, I did not see your thread sooner. I have had several prayers answered. Just last week our area was hit by very severe storms and I spent time in prayer and the Lord was with us through out the day. I can only tell you that I felt HIS presence with me as I was not overcome by fear. The storm passed us by and I was and am thankful for HIS care. Another answered prayer came when my husbands company had decided to close a part of the operations facility he works for and there was a very real threat of him loosing his job. After much prayer we found out that he will not be loosing his job. Just a few short months ago I cried out to the LORD when my 2 year old granddaughter fell down a full flight of basement stairs landing on a cement floor. I prayed as I heard her falling and praise God she was completely unharmed. There were a few tears but she was completely fine!! God is good and faithful to answer, I believe we must have faith and wait on HIM.

God Bless
mj

2011/6/8 20:38Profile
mama27

Re:

I have shared several ways in which I have seen the Lord working in my "Prayer Please" thread with my 2 prodigal sons. It was miraculous to me that the Lord brought our youngest son back home of his own free will w/o any pushing or even asking on our part. I have posted that I have seen the Lord putting pressure on my sons. If you have personal experience with prodigals, you know that pressure from GOD is a very definite answer to prayer.

I can't speak for anyone else, but answers may be in the form of "wait" - "wait" is an answer in itself as it proves our faith, it strengthens us, it shows the unbelieving world that we are not in this Christianity thing just for what we can get from God... And mostly - it refines us.

But yes, it is a good thing to have a special place to post answered prayers as I have also prayed for many people on this site, and wonder how they are doing...

2011/6/8 22:32Profile

Re:

Quote:
But yes, it is a good thing to have a special place to post answered prayers as I have also prayed for many people on this site, and wonder how they are doing...

Yes, this is a good start. There should be a place on this site strictly for answered prayer (as long as the prayers were specific and not so vague that almost anything could be taken for an answer).

2011/6/9 0:04
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Check out this testimony:
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=35&topic_id=7248&viewmode=thread&order=0

2011/6/9 15:23Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Thank you to all who have prayed for requests I have brought before you in the past. God is an awesome receiver of our prayers. Sometimes there is no news that we can see. Sometimes it takes weeks, months & even years. This is where our faith and not growing weary comes in.

You have prayed for my family member, Joshua, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. He is off the drug, which was short lived, glory to God. But there are many other situations that need answered in his life. I did get to talk to him yesterday and told him no matter what, God hears when you talk to Him. Just say, "God, I need Your help, please help me", is all He wants to hear from you now.

We all need prayer for families and friends right now. The Lord allows us to get to rock bottom so that we will call upon Him. This is love in action. Our time is NOT His timing for our loved ones to come to Him. He knows and He hears our prayers. Keep the faith no matter what it looks like on the outward appearance. I encourage myself with this all the time.

Every person here is so appreciated who call the Lord Jesus Christ Savior.

There is a huge reunion coming in my family in July. So many hurt and wrongs are already being healed. Just about all need Salvation. I am shutting myself in with the Lord in the Word & prayer & fasting for God to do a miracle and that many will turn to Him. Praying for hearts, eyes opened. That they will see the need for a Savior and for the love of the Savior and turn with passion for what He has done for us on the Cross.

Please pray for me to hear God's voice, the Holy Spirit go before this event and the Holy Spirit brings conviction of sin & hearts wide open to receive all that the Savior has for them.

I pray for your families and friends & those you are sharing Him with as well with the same prayers I pray for my family. He is faithful.

All glory and praise to Him who sits upon the Throne.
Amen

2011/6/10 15:53Profile
mama27

Re:

Praise the Lord about Joshua! I will continue in prayer for him, and will add your family reunion.....

I have a question though.....how do we distinguish from answered prayers on this thread, and prayer requests on the Miracles that follow the Plow forum? Because sometimes the answer to one prayer begets another request..... And also, I have at times posted updates on the "Miracles" forum that aren't exactly answers to prayer, as much as progress....

2011/6/10 17:38Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

You asked for answered prayers concerning hard times...I am not sure where you are at spiritually because of your request, but I suspect your faith needs some strengthening, right? or wrong? In any case I will share something that has me still in awe, and I will be as brief as possible.

We moved to another place in a nearby town this spring, all as a result of an answer to a prayer. Let me explain...

Fifteen years ago we purchased an old house, one that had fascinated me since my teen years. I never dreamed I would get to live there, but we did. We were going to fix it up...we did some, but there were major repairs that needed to be done and they were not getting done. My DH did purchase materials to do it but never had the time. Never. And I nagged because it was embarrassing to me and what if he would die before me and this was not done? And I nagged and he felt more helpless.

Then I felt a nudge of the spirit that I should instead pray about our house. Ok...but how is God going to fix it? The alternative was - what? So I prayed and I no longer reminded my DH about the house.

In the meantime....

We had a customer visit our store. He is my age, knew him since I was a teen. He is also a retired banker. He asked us if we knew of anyone who would be interested in buying his daddy's house? No, we didn't, but to be courteous I asked him some questions if perchance we may learn of someone who would be interested.

A few months later I asked my DH where this house is? So, after work, we went to see it, driving by it, it being only 2.5 miles from our business. I loved that house. Somewhere during this time the thought was evolving in or minds that perhaps we should sell our house and relocate... so we called the owner and asked to see the house. We looked at it and loved it: it had central air/heat, two year old roof, and AC unit - well maintained and in excellent shape plus it had a sunroom! :-) So we discussed price but then we decided we did not want to pay that much. Oh well, some dreams have to die...but we prayed that if God wants us to have this place He will make a way.

Then the owner came up with an offer and we told him we will take it - the offer was 58% of the original one.

The house we lived in was sold two months later to the second person who looked at it and therein lies an fascinating tale. The week before DH put out a "For Sale" sign, he thought about asking us if we are wanting to sell? And then they saw our sign.

In order for you to appreciate all this you must realize we live in an economically depressed county.

God answered my prayer in a way I never imagined, never dreamed. And my husband loves the place as well. Whenever I think of how this all transpired I am still in awe - it was a miracle of a sort.

But you know what? I am still waiting for the greatest miracle to happen and that is for our prodigals to come back to the LORD. As I see it that would be a far greater miracle then God relocating us to another place and making it happen.

I hope this will encourage you as it has me...

2011/6/10 19:20Profile
mama27

Re:

Thank you so much for sharing your miraculous story, Ginnyrose! And only a parent of prodigals would understand the greater miracle that is sought. I am still praying for yours....God surely can do greater miracles than houses :) But then saving any one of us is a miracle, isn't it?

2011/6/10 19:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy