SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Divorce dilemma

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Enochh

Indianapolis

Divorce dilemma

I am truley seeking counsel here. so please take it easy on me my brother in Japan. As some of you know I had posted a account of a rather personal nature concerning my wife and I and our seperation. She is now attending yoga, reading a new age book ( I won't mention the title as I don't want to get off topic) which pass's itself off as christian. She called me on the job yesterday and informed me she wants a divorce.
I know what the word says on this subject. Here is my question, should I at this point go see my lawyer knowing she
is determined to do this...I have a company, a house paid for
etc.

2011/6/3 14:22Profile
rbanks

Re: Divorce dilemma

Brother I saw that nobody has responded and felt the Lord would have me say something.

The first thing I would advise is to fall on your knees in prayer pleading the blood of Jesus for yourself and your wife. Pray through and hear from God for wisdom on how to go about everything.

I can't comment much more at this time not knowing all the circumstances that surround your situation. I also don't know how strong your relationship to God is but you need to really know Him and His power.

Blessings to you!

2011/6/3 18:53Profile
Enochh

Indianapolis

Re:

rbanks I appreciate that. as for my relationship with the Lord, its less of me and more of Him this year than last year, I am growing and moving, I have spent two years on my knees for this marriage, well thats not entirely true there have been seasons when discouragement would set in. But a year of couseling at church only to hear her when confronted with the posibliity of hell her reply to the counselor was "guess I'm going to hell"...is God sovereign...( I believe he is) ....and if this had benn a post on demons or is KJV the only bible the thread would be a mile long

2011/6/3 19:19Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Brother Enochh,

My wife and I will be praying for you. We know someone else who was experiencing a similar situation, but God performed a miracle and restored the marriage.

I don't know enough about this to offer any sort of relevant Scriptural advice. In fact, the legal systems of Israel and the Roman Empire were quite different than they are today. Thus, you may have difficulty finding comparable anecdotes in regard to divorce.

Still, I think that it would be acceptable to quietly consult an attorney in these matters (if the need was pressing enough). After all, you are not the one breaking the covenant.

When a spouse files for a divorce, you become the de facto "defendant" in the case. If you have a business under both of your names (or is considered "community property" in certain states), you could literally find yourself suddenly unemployed as your business/home no longer belongs entirely to you. If it is declared to be "community property," it all becomes a part of the "division of property" -- even if your name is the only one that appears on the license.

I will be praying for you, brother. I know that you must be hurting. Hopefully, the Lord can restore your marriage quickly. After all, God HATES divorce. Restoration is HIS desire for this situation.

2011/6/3 19:23Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

I too brother would just advise that you read and consider prayerfully the "sermon on the mount," as well as Jesus' statements about forgiveness, and prayerfully consider Hebrews 12:1-3. I will be praying for you.

2011/6/3 19:26Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Enochh

I have been in your shoes before. There was a time when my husband walked away from our marriage and wanted a divorce. It was so painful and I really thought my world was coming to an end. I prayed so hard during that time and with the both of us doing a lot of growing and maturing in the Lord our marriage was restored. I don't know what you should do concerning some of the issues you raised with your business and home but I will pray for you brother. I know its a very painful place to be in.

I am sorry that your thread has gotten over looked. Sadly there is a lot of truth in what you wrote about other threads getting more attention do to their topic matter

God Bless
mj

2011/6/3 19:45Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brother,

Is your wife a born again Christian? I would encourage you to read 1 Corinthians 7 prayerfully.

"Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.

2Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

3Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.

4The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.

5Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

6But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.

7For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.

8I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide even as I.

9But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

10And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:

11But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

12But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

13And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

15But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

16For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

2011/6/3 20:02Profile
Theophila

My brother, may the shalom of God envelope you in this season. As ccchhhrrriiisss advised, please seek legal counsel, a believer, if at all possible. Not just because of issues concerning 'community property' as mentioned earlier but to also advise you of legal options.

It is written, 'yea, though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i shall fear no evil, for thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me'

The Lord bless and keep you.

2011/6/3 20:04Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Enochh,

You need a lot of emotional, spiritual support from others who have or are going through what you are. May I suggest you go to the "Spirit of Hosea" website. They have a forum there discussing these issues and a prayer support group where you can share your concerns with like minded folks and they will pray for you.

If you have any problem finding these forums there PM me and I will see if I can help you.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2011/6/3 22:13Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy