SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Doctrine: Can Christians Be Demon-Possessed?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
rbanks

Re:

Quote:
And I wanted to add this book, The Authority of the Believer, was written around the 1910's and written by J. A. MacMillan. The whole book is posted and it too, is about his experiences in Philippines too and another country... The Authority of the Believer. Principles set forth in the Epistle to the Ephesians. By Rev. J.A. MacMillan http://www.worldinvisible.com/library/macmillan/authorityofbeliever/authority-c.htm

Sister thanks so much for this book!

I took the time to read it through and was blessed. This was well articulated and needs to be read by the body of Christ.

Blessings to you!

2011/6/3 10:01Profile
rbanks

Re:

Quote:
I believe that we all can agree on one thing, and that is that a true child of God that is indwelt by the Holy Spirit cannot be possesed by an evil spirit. We have been bought with a price by the blood of Jesus. We are not our own.

Thanks brother for another good post!

I also agree with the rest of your post.

Blessings to you!

2011/6/3 10:04Profile
rbanks

Re:

Quote:
Rbanks, I respect you very much and accept your corrections on matters but I've found this to be the second area we disagree on!! I hope it doesn't cause us to break fellowship, it truly is nothing personal against you (or anyone else who disagrees with me).

I don't know what you are talking about sister. Where do we really disagree?

Blessings to you!

2011/6/3 10:07Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

If there is one area in which the enemy is working overtime, it is that where he is present, where he is working, is being denied by many Christians. This denial suggest the working of lying, deceiving spirits so that the powers of darkness can continue to work unhindered.

Mike

2011/6/3 12:14Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"And I wanted to add this book, The Authority of the Believer, was written around the 1910's and written by J. A. MacMillan. The whole book is posted and it too, is about his experiences in Philippines too and another country... The Authority of the Believer. Principles set forth in the Epistle to the Ephesians." By Rev. J.A. MacMillan http://www.worldinvisible.com/library/macmillan/authorityofbeliever/authority-c.htm

"all principality, and power, and might, and dominion." "The great princes and authorities, of whom we have previously spoken, are subject to Him. So are the lesser ones: He is far above all "might" (dunameos, a word used usually in the New Testament of spiritual power). This refers to that working of Satanic energy which is becoming increasingly manifest, directed as it is against the bodies and minds of the children of God. The inroads that are being made into Christian communities are appalling, but few in the Church are as yet awake to the fact that fresh powers from the unseen world are flooding in upon us. Nor is the cause of this hard to trace. In the parts of the heathen world, where the Word of God energized by the Spirit of God has penetrated, the powers of the air have fallen back. Demon-possession ever retires before an aggressive evangelism, and its manifestations become less frequent. But, in our so-called Christian lands, the authority of the Word is now called in question by the great leaders of the churches, and there are few theological institutions where it is recognized as the very Word of God. In like manner, the Spirit of God is dishonored firstly, by this very denial of the Word which He has inspired, and secondly, by the disregard paid to His Person and authority. Thus, there is a reversion to heathen conditions spiritually, and as the great Agents for the overthrow of demoniacal powers (the Word of God and the Spirit of God) are discredited, these powers are pressing in again upon our country and people. One single evidence of this fact is the tremendous advance that spiritism is making among all classes; while, as another proof, the very doctrines of the Church, depleted, as they are becoming, of their vital spiritual force, are showing undoubted marks of those "teachings of demons" of which the great Apostle bade his hearers beware."

Every believer should know the authority and power that we have in Christ. This stems from knowing that we are identified with Christ in His death, burial, resurrection, and ascention. The believer has been raised up together with Christ and made to sit in heavnly places in Christ. This is the believers position of authority. All things have been placed under the feet of Christ, and we are in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

Mike

2011/6/3 13:46Profile

Re: Doctrine: Can Christians Be Demon-Possessed?

Brother Mike/AbideinHim wrote this post on the previous page and I agree with this because it's Scriptural - the only word that would Scripturally need to be changed is "stronghold" - needs to be "foothold".

"Stronghold" is only used once by Paul and in that chpt - in context - he used that word which actually in the Greek and his problem in the church were "Arguments" against his authority in Corinth, but "foothold" is used for Satan gaining ground.

My only concern through-out these discussions were to keep them 100% Bible so that there is no "foothold" among us.

Other than that one word change - this post by Brother Mike is good and as far as any of us should go on this topic.

Thank you Brother!!

Quote:

"I believe that we all can agree on one thing, and that is that a true child of God that is indwelt by the Holy Spirit cannot be possesed by an evil spirit. We have been bought with a price by the blood of Jesus. We are not our own.

The problem is that the enemy has been given place to in many Christian's lives. Any Christian that has participated in the occult opens the door to demonic spirits. Any beliver who has continually yielded to sin in some area is doing the same.

I don't particulary care if the demon is on the inside or the outside. If a Christian is being harassed by a demon, let's deal with it. But we have to be aware of the open door that allowed the demon access, repent and close the door, and take authority over the demon in the name of Jesus.

I am not talking about mere doctrine here. I am talking through experience, ministering to other Christians for nearly 40 years now. I have seen many Christains not possessed but oppressed and in bondage to the enemy. I have also seen them set free through the power of the blood and name of Jesus. Anyone who wants to be free can be free. The devil can only have authority in a Chritian's life if that has been given to him. The ground that has been given to the enemy can be taken back.

I have ministered to prison inmates for many years now, and they do not seem to have a problem with this area. Many of them that have become Christians still struggle in certain areas, and long to be free.

The strongholds of the enemy are in the mind. You can be a Christian with the Spirit of God dwelling in you and not have a renewed mind. The enemy deceives Christians and if they believe his lies, then strongholds are formed in the mind. These strongholds can only be overcome by receiving the truth. Truth and light expose lies, and the enemy is overcome by falling out of agreement with these lies and coming into agreement with God and what He says.

If we have a heart to see the children of God set free in every area of their lives, the Lord will give us revelation to help them to be free."

Mike

2011/6/3 15:44
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Good post Mike.

Quote: """The strongholds of the enemy are in the mind. You can be a Christian with the Spirit of God dwelling in you and not have a renewed mind. The enemy deceives Christians and if they believe his lies, then strongholds are formed in the mind. These strongholds can only be overcome by receiving the truth. Truth and light expose lies, and the enemy is overcome by falling out of agreement with these lies and coming into agreement with God and what He says.

If we have a heart to see the children of God set free in every area of their lives, the Lord will give us revelation to help them to be free." """

I agree the war is in our mind. It cannot be our spirit for that is the Spirit of Christ and the indwelt Holy Spirit. If our minds are not being renewed by the Word of God through the Holy Spirit daily, we can be enticed away and our weeknesses be tempted and being tempted we allow it into our minds and carried away into lust of giving the temptation of anything that is not aligned with the truth, then it is conceived and we are in sin. If the Holy Spirit comes and convicts us of sin, we have an Advocate with the Father and He is faithful and just to forgive and cleanse from all unrighteousness by our agreeing, confession to God.

How can we be set free from this body of sin? Praise God, through Christ Jesus, just as Paul was set free.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/6/3 18:39Profile

Re:

Amen Brother Philip, the battlefield is in the mind. James says we're tempted and drawn away of our own lust - even with false doctrines and manifestations.
Was just now reminded of Jesus' warning to us and Paul's and John's and Peter's about "deceptions in the last days" through false doctrines and lying signs and wonders.
How many times did they warn us to be careful in these things as well as to be careful of sin.
Whenever we believe a lie or tell a lie, we're open to more lies, until the enemy does have a foothold into our lives and we need to pray to not be deceived by teachings or be deceived about ourselves or to deceive others or try to even deceive GOD by believing we're something more than what we truly are in our 'private' thought lives.
GOD will protect the truly humble and candid soul, and anything that happens to us that isn't quite pleasant after that, is just to "try" us, purify us more and make us more fruitful, ie. Dan 11:35, Rom 8:28,29 and John 15:2b.

I believe that's the danger of forums. We post messages and believe we are what we post completely, but only time alone with Him, praying that He show us ourselves and truly wanting to see it all, is the real "truth in the inward parts".
We are not what we openly post - we are what we privately think.
Amen - it is "all in the mind".

2011/6/3 19:11

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy