SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Gwen Wilkerson in Rehabilitation

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Gwen Wilkerson in Rehabilitation

Gwen Wilkerson in Rehabilitation
May 25, 2011

According to the Medical Director of the acute rehab center, Gwen is doing very well overall. Next week Gwen will be transferred to a step down rehab facility. Please continue to pray for her.

Gwen Wilkerson Out of ICU
May 12, 2011

Gwen has been transferred from ICU to physical rehabilitation. She is making slow but steady improvement. The family and our ministry cherish your continued prayers.

Gwen Wilkerson Out of Surgery
May 6, 2011

Gwen Wilkerson had surgery on Wednesday, May 4th. She is still in ICU and steadily improving. The Wilkerson family is very grateful and deeply touched by the outpouring of concern and prayer support.

more updates here: http://www.worldchallenge.org/in-memory-of-david-wilkerson/

2011/5/31 21:00Profile

Re: Gwen Wilkerson in Rehabilitation

Thank you for this update and the link. Was waiting rather anxiously to hear more. Grateful to hear it.

Wanted to leave this link below because of the hymn that's on it.

It's gotten a lot of folks through very trying times, even me.

The LORD Bless you Gwen, from all of us.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38984&forum=44&4

2011/5/31 22:28

Re: Gwen Wilkerson in Rehabilitation

"Gwen Wilkerson Determined"
June 20, 2011

"Per meeting with the head nurse at the skilled nursing facility, Gwen's x-rays look fine.
Gwen is determined to make progress
and is comforting other residents at the facility."

"and is comforting other residents at the facility" - No suprise there :) "comforting" them and Encouraging us - Thank you Sister Gwen!

You're in our hearts.

2011/7/3 10:36
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Bonnie Wilkerson Hayslip from facebook about 10 hours ago.

Update on my mom: She is still recuperatng from the accident. She can walk a small prtion on one leg with a walker. she is mostly in a whelechair is grieving. It has finally hit her. I told her God spared her for a reason. We talked about a project for her for ministry. She is a strong woman and I told her if it wasn't for her there would be no World Challenge, Teen Challenge etc.

(We continue to pray and praise God for His great grace & strength. God is being glorified in her life and the families. )

2011/7/3 12:42Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Bonnie Wilkerson Hayslip from facebook.

If you feel led to send her a car you can send it to World Challene offices in Texas, they will deliver it to her! She is still in a nursing facility. World Challenge. Box 260 Lindale Texas. 75771. Write personal to Gwen so it won't be opened until it is in my Mom's hands, Thank you for your prayers for her. It is a ver tough time for her!

2011/7/3 13:03Profile

Re:

Thank you Sister for this, very-very much.

I don't know what ministry that Bonnie suggested for her Mom, but I wondered if she'd give thought to ministering to 'the grieving'.

A strange thing happened within the last few days that I felt I needed to share with someone ever since.
I've been grieving over losing my husband - but not through physical death but spiritual death.
I posted that it was him who gave me a hunger to dig into the Word - but on July 1st, The LORD reminded me in a very touching way that, No it was not him but a professor named Hobart Grazier. Oh my, my heart felt that in my grief, I was trying to make something good out of what actually someone else had done. Grief is a very confusing thing and very much like a roller coaster, besides with waves that come and go of every emotion under the sun.
To have a Godly husband go Home to be with the LORD compared to losing a husband who spiritually dies - well, the pain is just as bad but different and thought that Gwen could reach a lot of folks in both predictaments.

Anyhow, this led to a Search for anything that was left of Brother Grazier's teachings, because he was the type to not want exposer or a name for himself - but I did a Search on him on 7/1 and found this article that all but put me in tears.
Not only did he have a huge impact on his students and his missionary work in India, but he may have been a catalyst to David Wilkerson's ministry as well.
http://www.sloppynoodle.com/wp/david-wilkerson%E2%80%99s-six-degrees-of-separation/

Brother Hobart Grazier is one of those silent heros that has touched the lives of so very many and yet made certain none of the glory went to him. He's been with the LORD now for almost 30 yrs. We got our first cat from his daughter who rescued them on our campus.

It's been quite the three days of reckoning with how grief works. I've known it to be delayed as well. There are no clear cut 'steps of grief' but I know that Gwen will make Jesus Smile with her heart for others.

Unlike Tozer's wife - Yes, Gwen was a strong backbone behind her husband's selfless ministry by being selfless herself ... putting the needs of others over her own.
A good wife is a covering of sorts as well!

Joyful Heart, Thank you again for posting these things.
They mean more than you know.
Sweet Blessings to you in return dear Sister.

Praying for Gwen and rooting for that strong lady, Amen!

2011/7/3 14:02
browny

Re:

O so good to hear!
Let us continue to pray for this dear and beloved sister.

Thank you for posting!!!
Shalom,
browny

2011/7/3 15:06Profile
Nellie

Re:

Thanks for posting this.
There are lots of feelings concerning grief.
I lost my husband almst two years ago, and I'm still grieving.I miss him so much.
No one will ever be able to comfort Gwen as her Husband did.
She is a giver, but we need to give to her now, by praying for her & her family.
No two people grieve a like, so my Prayer for Gwen is for God to hold her.
I'm sure glad that God has helped me.
God Bless
Nellie

2011/7/3 21:42Profile

Re:

"He Giveth More Grace"

He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase;
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials He multiplies peace.

(Chorus)
His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
His power no boundary known unto men;
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.

When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

(Chorus)

Fear not that thy need shall exceed His provision,
Our God ever yearns His resources to share;
Lean hard on the Arm everlasting, availing;
The Father both thee and thy load will upbear.

(Chorus)

2011/7/5 1:50
Jessi

Ephrata PA

Re:

Do you know if she has a email address that we could use? Thanks so much for the update and information - may Jesus bless you!

2011/7/5 9:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy