Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Goodbye Oprah! -- The Untold Story

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Goodbye Oprah! -- The Untold Story

This week, after a 25 year run, The Oprah Winfrey Show has finally come to an end. CNN and other news networks wrote a glowing review of the positive contribution Oprah has made towards society. Personal testimonies abounded of the difference Oprah made in their lives, and the inspiration she brought to them during troubled times. Women everywhere cried.

I breathed a sigh of relief.

Why? Because there is an untold story that many homes know all to well– but is never reported on. It is the story that countless men could attest to. It is the story of a man who, after working hard all day at the office, comes home to a wife whose mind and spirit has been poisoned by Oprah. His wife now wonders what her husband has really being “doing” all day at the office. Her children wonder at the new “philosophy” and “spirituality” mommy now embraces– it’s definitely not what they learned about in Sunday school. And women everywhere are now empowered by a foolish and silly spirit that has taught them to love the superficial, and to not really care about that which is true.

What has been especially alarming is how much Oprah has been embraced and celebrated by born-again, Spirit-filled, Evangelical Christian women. Oprah has become something of a prophet to them. So much so that one sister in the Lord I know, when Oprah “gave God the glory” on her final broadcast, couldn’t help but stand on the roof-tops of Facebook, and proclaim on multiple pages how excited she was that this had happened. You would have thought a religious revival had occurred, or that maybe Jesus had returned on May 21st after all. Is it no wonder that Casting Crowns has had to sing, “What if the family turned to Jesus, instead of asking Oprah what to do?”

Honestly, the only way Oprah could have given God the glory on her final TV show was if she would’ve renounced the 25 years of pollution she has littered the air-waves with. Oprah, the false prophet she is, has consistently promoted ideals and values that have regularly been exalted against the true knowledge of God. These things have destroyed homes, led others into sin, and has caused the image of God in creation to be further corrupted. And she did all of this in the name of making a buck off the souls of countless millions who loved to tune in day after day, week after week, and year after year. Those who have loved her– even among God’s people –may not realize it, but they have loved Oprah and have enjoyed having their ears tickled by her, because ultimately, they have not loved God as they ought. You cannot love Oprah and Jesus at the same time.

This is the untold story of Oprah Winfrey. CNN may have not picked it up. But somebody who has lived a little bit of life and spent some time talking to Jesus has.

http://christthinks.com/2011/05/28/goodbye-oprah-the-untold-story/

2011/5/28 11:05Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: Goodbye Oprah! -- The Untold Story

Quote:
What has been especially alarming is how much Oprah has been embraced and celebrated by born-again, Spirit-filled, Evangelical Christian women. Oprah has become something of a prophet to them.

brother Jimmy, I would only disagree with including the phrase "Spirit-filled" in your quote there :)

On another note, I whole heartedly agree with this statement:
Quote:
Honestly, the only way Oprah could have given God the glory on her final TV show was if she would’ve renounced the 25 years of pollution she has littered the air-waves with.

2011/5/28 11:21Profile
Theophila

I saw some of the 'surprise party' for her farewell. One couldn't argue with the many lives that had benefited from her largesse.
On the other hand, how so like the devil to bestow material gifts while stealing the recipients very life!
My heart's desire is that her eyes be opened. Afterall, Christ died for Oprah too.
As for 'believers' celebrating her.... virulent ignorance gone to seed.

2011/5/28 11:38Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Amen

2011/5/28 14:56Profile

Quote:
It is the story of a man who, after working hard all day at the office, comes home to a wife whose mind and spirit has been poisoned by Oprah.

It constantly surprises me that men allow other men to behave in such a way as to cause a problem to their own women.

When are decent (Christian) men going to stand up and be counted? And begin to pose a real social and psychological threat to the defficient males in society who rate themselves by the lowest common denominator, as if that's an aspirational standard?

I mean, where is the gospel to these guys? They obviously need CHRIST!

2011/5/29 9:58

Re:

Quote:
Honestly, the only way Oprah could have given God the glory on her final TV show was if she would’ve renounced the 25 years of pollution she has littered the air-waves with.

That pretty much says it.

2011/5/29 10:13
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

It constantly surprises me that men allow other men to behave in such a way as to cause a problem to their own women.

I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean by this. Could you please elaborate?

2011/5/29 10:24Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Hmmm

I have to only partly agree with KJ. Oprah has done alot of good in society BUT I would liken to her to the pastor guy in Houston. I forget his name. The postive thinker guy.
Oprah raised the Name of Jesus one time in her send off but after that she seemed to backtrack and just use the word 'GOD' after that and then tend to get into a new age type of thing.

The negative part of Oprah's send off if she used 'God' as her send off but what God that is is left unanswered because she has said in the past that Jesus is not the way the truth or the life. There couldn't possibly be one way to heaven.

THe negative side, she taught many people to look outside of themselves and do good in the world. She does make a person feel good and that you have the power to do something worthwhile in this world. Anybody can do that in this world, you just have to believe you can and said it is the God force within you that helps you. Yeah, it does get fuzzy there.

I think the danger lies when a person take Oprah and her pastor and hangs on to every word she says in regards to the spirit. I think the fact that she stays approachable is remarkable. How many christians can say they are approachable? Many would think of christians as hateful and finger pointing. Oprah is a listener. How many christians are listeners?

2011/5/29 11:25Profile
allaboard

Re:

Alive-to-God, you are absolutely correct.

Where are the men of God, today!?

2011/5/29 17:29Profile

Re:

Quote:

So the reason that unregenerate men sin, is that Christian men allow them to?

Did I misunderstand?

2011/5/29 20:12

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy