SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Camping's Dismissal of Churches Questioned by Christians

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Camping's Dismissal of Churches Questioned by Christians

Even as Harold Camping announced that the final spiritual judgment of the world began on May 21, he reaffirmed his belief that God passed judgment on organized churches more than two decades ago.

Camping, 89, first announced the “end of the church age” in 2002, claiming that God was no longer working through churches because of their apostasy. According to Camping, the conclusion of the “church age” came on May 21, 1988.

“Evidence was seen ever since,” Camping said Monday in his first public address after the unrealized doomsday. “If we take a snap shot of churches 50 years ago, and of our day, it’s entirely different. They have far less respect for the world, far different views on marriage and music.” ...

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/campings-dismissal-of-churches-questioned-by-christians-50512/

2011/5/26 17:58Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Camping's Dismissal of Churches Questioned by Christians

I remember several years ago hearing a man rebuking Mr. Camping's assult upon the Church during his call in radio program. I never forgot the verse that he applied to him as he rebuked him, it was from the book of Zechariah:

"In that day, saith the LORD, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness"

2011/5/26 20:14Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

How did he apply that specifically Chris?

2011/5/26 20:30Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: Rebuke Camping

Good for that man. It really breaks my heart that the church hasn't rebuked Mr.Camping publicly. He needs it. Christians need to stop supporting his ministry. That will turn the valve off to his many lies.

Scripture: Jeremiah 5:31, 14:14 and 23:25

2011/5/27 0:46Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"How did he apply that specifically"

I'm sorry I did not get back to respond sooner.

As I recall it, he suggested that just as God said He would fight against those who assaulted physical Jersusalem in that passage, He would also fight against those who assault spiritual Jersusalem, the Chruch(Galatians 4:25-26).

Just as horse and rider were smitten with blindness and maddness in that passage, he said it was happening to Camping just the same, for his assault on the Church.

This was perhaps 6 or 7 years ago.

2011/5/28 13:24Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

No problem Chris. Thank you for replying.

2011/5/28 13:35Profile

Re:

Even tho many have now finally come out publicly to rebuke Harold Camping it's amazing to me that very little has been said previous to all of this. It's the same problem with Rob Bell... he's been teaching his heresies for well over 12 or 13 years and only a handful of men have sounded a warning. John MacArthur was one of them, but he went largely ignored. Now all of a sudden evangelicalism is "shocked" at Bells teachings.

We need men with backbone who will take a stand for truth! Men who will rebuke a man when he needs it, not to shame another man publicly but rather to bring correction so that the man who is in error can know and understand the truth.

Krispy

2011/5/28 16:26
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

We have some brethren here on Sermon Index who aren't too far removed from Camping's views of the church. They cry for us to come out of her and be separate too, and declare Ichabod over the churches of our land. They have little to no fellowship with any local body of believers, and their fellowship consists of Sermon Index and the various conferences they visit.

2011/5/28 19:24Profile

Re:

KJ... I used to be like that to some extent. We house churched for a long long time, and I did not ever declare we dont need fellowship. But I did rail against "institutional" churches.

Recently (within the past year) we found a wonderful "regular" church that we joined. It's a unique church and we love it. It's family to us.

I agree with calling people out of apostate churches, but we err when we stereotype all churches and walk away from fellowship and community all together. In most cases I think it's spiritual arrogance that causes a man to do that, not really conviction. I know... been there, done that.

(There is nothing wrong with house churching if it is done according to the Biblical guidelines for church government)

Krispy

2011/5/28 20:59
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

"In most cases I think it's spiritual arrogance that causes a man to do that, not really conviction. I know... been there, done that.

(There is nothing wrong with house churching if it is done according to the Biblical guidelines for church government)"

Don't forget Spiritual Bitterness, or at least that is what it was about for me. I had been jaded by the "institution" all others were likely to be the same and thus a farce. I wanted so badly to start my own home church but it didn't pan out because my attitude was terribly unbalanced from bitterness. My thoughts and focus was "be better than them" rather than Give Glory of Christ Jesus.

I too found a nice "regular" church and have enjoyed my time there for the most part other than the usual hyper religious people that try and make me "become a member" (not the pastor). Ultimately what we all need to remember is we are a Univerisal(Catholic) Body of Believers whether we are in a home or in an institution.

2011/5/29 1:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy