SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:
Rom 1:17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith;

Quote:
That I [am] the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth.

Pro 8:32 "Now therefore, listen to me, [my] children, For blessed [are those who] keep my ways.
Pro 8:33 Hear instruction and be wise, And do not disdain [it].
Pro 8:34 Blessed is the man who listens to me, Watching daily at my gates, Waiting at the posts of my doors.
Pro 8:35 For whoever finds me finds life, And obtains favor from the LORD;

Pro 8:1 Does not wisdom cry out, And understanding lift up her voice?
Pro 8:2 She takes her stand on the top of the high hill, Beside the way, where the paths meet.
Pro 8:3 She cries out by the gates, at the entry of the city, At the entrance of the doors:
Pro 8:4 "To you, O men, I call, And my voice [is] to the sons of men.
Pro 8:5 O you simple ones, understand prudence, And you fools, be of an understanding heart.
Pro 8:6 Listen, for I will speak of excellent things, And from the opening of my lips [will come] right things;
Pro 8:7 For my mouth will speak truth; Wickedness [is] an abomination to my lips.
Pro 8:8 All the words of my mouth [are] with righteousness; Nothing crooked or perverse [is] in them.
Pro 8:9 They [are] all plain to him who understands, And right to those who find knowledge.

Scripture teaches us that God speaks to men...for the Scripture says...
"To you, O men, I call, And my voice [is] to the sons of men.

2011/6/7 6:49Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:
That I [am] the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth.

Pro 8:22 "The LORD possessed me at the beginning of His way, Before His works of old.
Pro 8:23 I have been established from everlasting, From the beginning, before there was ever an earth.
Pro 8:24 When [there were] no depths I was brought forth, When [there were] no fountains abounding with water.
Pro 8:25 Before the mountains were settled, Before the hills, I was brought forth;
Pro 8:26 While as yet He had not made the earth or the fields, Or the primal dust of the world.
Pro 8:27 When He prepared the heavens, I [was] there, When He drew a circle on the face of the deep,
Pro 8:28 When He established the clouds above, When He strengthened the fountains of the deep,
Pro 8:29 When He assigned to the sea its limit, So that the waters would not transgress His command, When He marked out the foundations of the earth,
Pro 8:30 Then I was beside Him [as] a master craftsman; [fn] And I was daily [His] delight, Rejoicing always before Him,

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Gen 1:2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] [fn] on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
Gen 1:3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.

1Pe 1:19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.
1Pe 1:20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you
1Pe 1:21 who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

Rev 13:8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Christ is the "master craftstman" who "was foreordained" to be the "light" of the world. And there are those who are "written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world." This work of God is the work that was predestined to be the means of salvation for those who live by faith. And this is the gospel of Christ.

Rom 1:17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith;

2011/6/10 8:36Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Pro 8:22 "The LORD possessed me at the beginning of His way, Before His works of old.
Pro 8:23 I have been established from everlasting, From the beginning, before there was ever an earth.

1Pe 1:20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world,...

Psa 2:7 "I will declare the decree: The LORD has said to Me, 'You [are] My Son, Today I have begotten You.

Rev 13:8 ... the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

God predestined the work of Christ so that He could say...

2011/6/11 5:31Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:
Rev 13:8 ... the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

We have two subjects in this verse. We have those who are in the Book of Life, and Christ the author who was "slain from the foundation of the world." The author of the book of Hebrews writes this of Christ's work...

Hbr 5:9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,

2011/6/12 8:40Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:
Hbr 5:9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,

Quote:
Rev 13:8 ... the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world

To be in the Book of Life one has to obey the author.

Again, Paul writes...

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, [fn] for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Rom 1:17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith." [fn]

So this precept of salvation, the power of God, working in those who live by faith has been established from the foundation of the world. And all who experience the revelation of God's righteousness are those who live faith to faith. It is those who obey the author time after time.

For this purpose the Son of God was manifested....

2011/6/13 8:56Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:
Rom 1:17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith." [fn]

So the precept of faith is dependent on the revelation of God's righteousness to man. The following Scripture say this of the nature of the revelation...

Hbr 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God. Faith is the result of hearing the word of God. The worlds or ages were "framed" by the word of God. The word "framed" is translated from the Greek word "katartizō." This word's meaning is expressed this way...

1) to render, i.e. to fit, sound, complete
a) to mend (what has been broken or rent), to repair
1) to complete
b) to fit out, equip, put in order, arrange, adjust
1) to fit or frame for one's self, prepare
c) ethically: to strengthen, perfect, complete, make one what he ought to be

The purpose of faith is then to be "mended (what has been broken)" or to be "put in order", or "make one what he ought to be", or "to complete", or "to adjust", or "to equip"...BY THE WORD OF GOD.

2011/6/14 7:49Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:
Hbr 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

Paul teaches in first chapter of Romans...

Rom 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible [attributes] are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,

So men are without excuse because God has revealed to man through the Son of God by the power of the Holy Spirit the ways in which man is to live. John writes of this truth...

Jhn 1:3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

Jhn 1:4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.

Jhn 1:9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world. [fn]

Jhn 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:

Jhn 1:13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God. As many who live by faith to them He gave the right to become children of God...

2011/6/15 8:58Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:

Quote:
Rom 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible [attributes] are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,

We find that this precept is illustrated clearly for us in the testimonies of Cain and Abel.

Hbr 11:4 By faith Abel offered to God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts; and through it he being dead still speaks.

Both Cain and Abel were "framed" by the word of God. Both were without excuse, because God spoke to them.

So we know that this Scripture is true from the foundation of the world...

2011/6/16 7:12Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:

In the testimony of Cain and Abel we find that the Lord's ways are full of mercy and grace. These first offspring of Adam and Eve are the first to be born into a world that corruption has entered. We find that the Lord still cares for His creation. We find that His desire is that what Peter writes.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning [His] promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, [fn] not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

The Lord's desire for both Cain and Abel to become children of God are clearly illustrated for us. Yet we are told that "By faith" Abel obtained a righteous testimony. We find that Cain chose another path, and did not find repentance.

2011/6/18 9:14Profile

Re:

Quote:

To be in the Book of Life one has to obey the author.
So this precept of salvation, the power of God, working in those who live by faith has been established from the foundation of the world. And all who experience the revelation of God's righteousness are those who live faith to faith. It is those who obey the author time after time.

The wonder of wonders is not that salvation is for those who obey the Author time after time, but also that it is for those who DISOBEY the Author time after time. David and Solomon come to mind. Though the power of God is manifest in the obedience of the saints, greater power of God can be and often is manifest in the disobedience of the saints.

Obedience time after time sounds like perpetual obedience which we know is not possible in this life. To be in the book of life one has to TRUST the Author, even with the smallest of trust. Obedience then grows as trust grows.

OJ

2011/6/18 11:52

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy