SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : is there a second chance of salvation after death. in this present life.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MityDisciple

Moncton, New-Brunswick Canada

is there a second chance of salvation after death. in this present life.

please provide scriptures with awnsers

2011/5/23 20:18Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re: is there a second chance of salvation after death. in this present life.

No.

Heb. 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

2011/5/23 20:26Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

If we die in sin we are dead to God. If we die in Christ there is life unto God. No in-between I know of.
Gal 2:16-20 Col 1: 24-28

Alive in Christ: Phillip

2011/5/23 20:58Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

I have heard people use this verse to say 'no' there is no chance after death to be converted to Christ.

If the clouds are full of rain, they empty themselves on the earth; and if a tree falls toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falls, there shall it be.
~ Ecc 11:3

God bless,
Lisa

2011/5/23 21:29Profile

Luke 13:23-28:

"Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out."

Matthew 25:10-13:

"And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh."

From another angle, consider also James 1:12:

"Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him." (James 1:12)

Temptation can only come in this world when one's own sinful lusts can be satisfied or crucified. There is no way to deny yourself take up the cross and follow Jesus if there is not some earthly pleasure and/or gain contrary to the conscience and/or word of God to be forsaken in order to say "yes" to God/Christ and "no" to sin.

Romans 6:20-22:

"For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life." (Romans 6:20-22)

There can be no "But now"s after death.

"For the grave cannot praise thee, death can not celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth. The living, the living, he shall praise thee" (Isaiah 38:18-19a)

2011/5/23 21:44

Re:

Rob Bell?

2011/5/23 21:46
MityDisciple

Moncton, New-Brunswick Canada

Re:

thank you

2011/5/24 20:39Profile
RevCrabtree

Re:

I prefer Taco Bell to Rob Bell.

2011/5/25 9:26Profile

Re:

Quote:
I prefer Taco Bell to Rob Bell.

Me too. And my goodness do I dislike Taco Bell.

2011/5/25 9:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy