SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Harold Camping silent as "Judgment Day" hours tick by

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Harold Camping silent as "Judgment Day" hours tick by

(Reuters) - With no sign of Judgment Day arriving as he had forecast, the 89-year-old California evangelical broadcaster and former civil engineer behind the pronouncement seemed to have gone silent on Saturday.

Family Radio, the Christian stations network headed by Harold Camping which had spread his message of an approaching doomsday, was playing recorded church music, devotionals and life advice unrelated to the apocalypse.
Camping previously made a failed prediction Jesus Christ would return to Earth in 1994.

In his latest pronouncement, he had said doomsday would begin in Asia, but with midnight local time come and gone in Tokyo and Beijing and those cities already in the early hours of May 22, there was no indication of an apocalypse. ...

read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/21/us-apocalypse-prediction-idUSTRE74I3KS20110521

2011/5/21 22:06Profile

Re: Harold Camping silent as "Judgment Day" hours tick by

What a shame to be 89 yrs old and this is what you have to show for a life of 'ministry'. Going out as the laughing stock of the world and some of the church. It's really sickening sad. Sort of feel like we're at a funeral. Not rejoicing in this man's errors at all.
It's his age that's really making it heart breaking. Very sad.

2011/5/22 1:46

Re:

Quote:
What a shame to be 89 yrs old and this is what you have to show for a life of 'ministry'. Going out as the laughing stock of the world and some of the church. It's really sickening sad

Amen to that. That is where pride leads. He thought he above everyone else on earth--and above God-- knew the date.

2011/5/22 1:55
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I am more heart broken for the people who sold everything and gave it to this man's ministry. Not to mention all of the very very poisonous fruit that this deceptive tree produced. A woman killed her 7 year old boy because she didn't think he was going to be raptured with her. A man sold everything he had and spent it on multimillion dollar billboards warning of the eminent end on May 21st. Not to mention the vast sexual and drinking/drug parties that went on today as a "rapture party" put on by nonbelievers celebrating the end of the world. Bad doctrine produces this kind of fruit and I guess we couldn't expect anything less.

2011/5/22 1:56Profile

Re: Harold Camping silent as "Judgment Day" hours tick by

What "Christian" could "kill" ANYONE, nonetheless their own child?

As I said months ago - there is not ONE "living" man that I would follow.
Anyone of them could go off tomorrow and lead many with them. It's happened so many times before and there's virtually No Biblical reason for any of us to go off and not be Bereans nor believe in John 16:13,14.

When we stand before Him - there will No excuse for going into error because IF we're saved - we'll follow His Spirit of Truth.
Yes, these heretics and false teachers and false prophets will stand guilty as charged - but the blame for the actions of others will remain the personal responsibility of each individual to Know the Truth and that is why "heresy" is defined as "the opinion chosen" by it's root word.
In other words - PEOPLE BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT TO BELIEVE. Just stressing a truth - not yelling.

That's why I've enjoyed SI - because of the Classic Authors who have stood the test of time. Both with whatever they've said or wrote and with their 'life-styles'. I can trust they won't fall into sin tomorrow or false doctrine or false prophecies.

I pray to GOD that this is a lesson to Christians to not ever follow a living man and to learn at the feet of our Living GOD by His Word and His Spirit of Truth - even if He leads us to correct our beliefs and not be accepted among the majority - because He said, MOST will fall away, so it's needless to say that those who walk in His Truth will definitely be in the minority and the world and the counterfeit 'church' will turn against us because of "Biblical Truth" alone and not because we're nice people.

I pray 'Christians' learn a strong lesson from this, about "following men" and why the Bereans were called a more 'noble sort' - Amen, and Amen.

2011/5/22 15:19

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy