SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Who Is Building the House?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Who Is Building the House?

Who Is Building The House?

Only that which the Lord Jesus Christ is doing through the Holy Spirit in the church today is of any spiritual value. Jesus said that "Upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it" (Matt.16:18).

It is possible for man to build a massive edifice that we call a church. He can even name his ministry after himself. He can organize and if he has the co-operation of the people, he can be very successful and make a name for himself or his denomination that everyone is proud of. Yes, man can do all this without God being in it in the slightest way. We are talking about using the methods of the world to build something that is of man, after man, and for man. And the result of this is that man will get the glory. As long as there is co-operation from the people, everyone playing his part in the organization, and the finances are coming in, then all is well. But if there is a breakdown in part of this man made machine then all will come to a screeching halt.

"Unless the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it." (Psalm 127:1). When the Holy Spirit was poured out on the day of Pentecost the church began to explode. The Holy Spirit was the one that was in control, and the Holy Spirit always lifts up Jesus. He always reveals Jesus to the people. The leaders of the church gave themselves to prayer and fasting. They moved in the power of the Holy Ghost doing many signs and wonders. The believers had all things in common, and there was no one that lacked, because no one considered his possessions to be his own. They were of one mind, and of one heart, and were in the joy of the Holy Ghost, and the Word says that "the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved." (Acts 2:47). The church grew because the Lord was adding to the church. Jesus has given the great commission to the church. The Lord has commanded the church to "go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believes and is baptized shall be saved. He that believes not shall be damned." (Matt. 16:15, 16). The only way that the church can fulfill the great commission is through the power of the Holy Spirit. It is only by doing things God's way that we will see true spiritual results within the church. God's way is still the way of the cross.

The wisdom of man within the church is foolishness to God and it is a hindrance to the plan and purposes of God. The steady diet from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil has left many in the church with overdeveloped minds but malnourished hearts. Only those saints that are feeding off of the tree of Life, which is the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, are those that are bearing spiritual fruit in the kingdom of God.

Only the Holy Spirit can draw men to the Lord Jesus Christ. Only through prayer and intercession are the powers of darkness broken off of men's lives so that they can be saved. It is only that which the Lord is building that is of any spiritual value. Jesus said that "Without me you can do nothing." Yet there are many things that are being done in the church without the Lord, and they appear to be working because of an apparent outward growth. This is why the ultimate test of any work of God as to how much of God is in it is the measure of Christ that you find there. Most churches today are teaching the gospel message, and most pastors are doing the best that they can, but most are caught up in a system that is built more upon organization and the planning of man than on the leadership of the Holy Spirit and sound biblical principles from the Word of God.

I am thankful that a great shaking will take place in which every thing that is not of God is going to come down, and every thing that is built on the solid foundation of the Lord Jesus Christ is going to be established.

May the Lord help us to have the eyes of our understanding illuminated so that we will see clearly what God is building, which is gold, silver, and precious stones, the nature of Jesus within His church. May we not be deceived by a substitute of man made religion which appeals to the flesh, looks good on the outside, but is full of death from within.

Mike

2011/5/15 10:18Profile

Re: Who Is Building the House?

"I am thankful that a great shaking will take place in which every thing that is not of God is going to come down, and every thing that is built on the solid foundation of the Lord Jesus Christ is going to ..... "

Would you mind if I use the word "stand" at the end there?

Yes Sir. I agree and appreciate your message!
I believe The Word indicates that the "shaking" on it's way is persecution and tribulation. The sifting, even of the faithful. A time when men's hearts will fail them for fear if they've built on the sand of human intellect in any way. The time of testing to see on 'what' have we've built our place. Amen to your message. It's bittersweet. As in - a harsh reality and one to put us on our faces. Thank you.

2011/5/15 13:12

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy