SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Obama adviser compared U.S. Christians to al-Qaida

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Obama adviser compared U.S. Christians to al-Qaida

President Obama's faith adviser, Eboo Patel, compared al-Qaida to what he called Christian "totalitarians" in the U.S. and Jewish "totalitarians" in Israel, WND has learned.

In February 2010, Obama named Patel to his Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships.

Patel, a Muslim activist from Chicago, is the founder and executive director of Chicago-based Interfaith Youth Core, which says it promotes pluralism by teaming people of different faiths on service projects.

read more: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=298017

2011/5/13 1:04Profile

Re: Obama adviser compared U.S. Christians to al-Qaida

With all due respect, Greg, isn't this just sensationalism? I read the article, and found a cached copy of Patel's address on Google. I think Patel is using the word "totalitarian" ironically with reference to Christians, Jews, and Hindus. He's referring to the institutions of religious education and identity formation, which are a fundamental part of any religion. There is no hard evidence available to the common searcher, despite the dire warnings of the WorldNetDaily, that Patel is a supporter, in any way, of Al Qaeda; he argues against the tactics used by the group to indoctrinate and argues for peaceful moderation. Making the comparison to the "totalitarians" of Christianity, Judaism, and Hinduism, he's referring to the massive institutions in America, Israel, and India for the promotion of those religions (within government and the private sector). Yes, he's critical of American culture, but as an ostensibly moderate Muslim working with inner-city poor and other marginalized groups, it's understandable that he would be.

Please note that I am not defending what Patel allegedly said, but being critical of the WND's presentation. I have little experience with the WorldNewsDaily, but the fear-mongering tabloid-fodder of their home page suggests that one should take anything they say with a very large grain of salt.

2011/5/13 1:38
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

This is so true. Maybe not for the extreme muslim which wrought terror because they follow their father the "devils" agenda.

Matthew 5:8
Matthew 4:17

1Peter 4:17

This article I feel also shows the lack of power in the Church today. It is so sad to see.

2011/5/14 11:21Profile

Greg, you break my heart.

2011/5/14 11:39

This American institution sounds like the direct counterpart to the Tony Blair Faith Foundation.

Mr Patel's comments are in line with the Homeland Security detail which perceives earnest Christians as a threat.

Regarding Al Qaida as a 'thought' campaign, the differences are between the thoughts, rather than the concept of changing people's minds by a process of 'education'.

Isn't this exactly what the west has been doing to the east, by making welcome their students over the last sixty years, sending them back to very different forms of government - till now we observe their frustrated uprisings?

But let's not be disingenuous. Democracy is not a Biblical concept, and we look for that 'land' where righteousness (and theocracy) will prevail.

2011/5/14 11:41

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy