SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : rock and roll music

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: rock and roll music

Nothing new under the sun as Solomon said
Here is a good word from brother Zac
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myvideo/photo.php?lid=2316

I used to listen to rock music, now it grieves my spirit, I cannot stand it anymore. Nothing against godly contemporary music, but
Rock music is full of rebellion, and rebellion is the spirit of witchcraft.

2011/5/10 18:23Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
narrowpath I used to listen to rock music, now it grieves my spirit, I cannot stand it anymore. Nothing against godly contemporary music, but
Rock music is full of rebellion, and rebellion is the spirit of witchcraft.

Yes, and I have listened to many ministers full of rebellion, and have a spirit of witchcraft,that do the same to my spirit. Were all at a different point in our walk, and God uses us all differently. My guess is God will send/use Christians that the lost sheep can mostly relate to, to witness to them, I don't think he would use George Beverly Shea, to step inside a rock club to minister/witness, but he might, never know, his ways are different than our ways.

2011/5/10 18:29Profile
debrabutts

Soso,MS

Re:

I wanted other borned of Gods spirit people to tell me some bible verses or something against rock and roll, country, blues, whatever ect. But, that is not to be. I have been called judging, proud and beating people up. I am sorry. It was not my intention. God knows my heart, I just wanted to help Christians who are living in the flesh, watching R-rated movies or listening to sinful music. I guess you have taught me, that's not my calling. May God's will be done in your life and mine. I only want to be a worker for Jesus Christ.

2011/5/10 18:36Profile

Re:

Yes, please, I don't want to regulate someone's attitudes of the heart. We are all unable to anyway. Why does anyone have this desire?

I am not a Catholic priest and I don't want to know what music anyone listens to, what TV channels they watch, what internet web sites they go to, what clothes they wear, thoughts they think, or anything else of the like.

It's not my business and what would I do with such information anyway?

We have been saying in this thread, Let the Holy Spirit do His job. He is able to speak and when we are not listening He is more than able to get our attention, somehow.

He sure did know how to get Israel's attention. Sin will open the doors to the enemy and you will suffer such oppression that you would wish that you listened to that still small voice in the beginning.

Now, which one of us can do such incredible work as the Holy Spirit?

Do not let your liberty be an occasion for sin and don't turn God's Word into a legalistic rule book.

It takes the Spirit of God and abiding in Him to find that "sweet spot", which pleases God.

Debrabutts, I provided plenty of verses.

A777

2011/5/10 18:37

Re:

Debrabutts,

These should cover what we see, what we hear and what we think on.

1Co 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or WHATSOEVER ye do, DO ALL to the GLORY OF GOD.

Rom 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

1Co 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

Peace,
A777

2011/5/10 18:40

Trip Seven

Quote:
Just listened to it. Great story and I liked the music. I promise I did not sin in my heart.

wasnt that something?! about Brother Claude Ely! man, that lit my Fire that day....and the brother was just doing God's Will, wasnt in it for filthy lucre, or a TBN show, just an old Tent, a guitar and a Bible.

Sister Debra, God bless you newcomer, go where you are Led, but may i humbly and meekly give you a word?

Let God be God, dont worry about nothing except loving Jesus and following Him with all your heart mind body and soul. He's got the Weapons, the devil has lost the battle, dead, just hasnt hit the ground, kind of like the germans in the Battle of the Bulge, Dec 1944....they were already beaten, but they tried ONE LAST TIME....same thing with the devil.

in Jesus' love, neil

2011/5/10 18:56
debrabutts

Soso,MS

Re:

Thank you again for your help and may God bless you all for your input. I guess I was just expecting some great outcry against these things. I meant bible verses against rock and roll ect.

2011/5/10 19:00Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Trip Seven

Quote:
Sister Debra, God bless you newcomer, go where you are Led, but may i humbly and meekly give you a word?

Let God be God, dont worry about nothing except loving Jesus and following Him with all your heart mind body and soul. He's got the Weapons, the devil has lost the battle, dead, just hasnt hit the ground, kind of like the germans in the Battle of the Bulge, Dec 1944....they were already beaten, but they tried ONE LAST TIME....same thing with the devil.

I love that post Brother. Peace! Mr. Bill

2011/5/10 21:10Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

David Wilkerson's article is well worth the read.

2011/5/10 22:14Profile
Lovefirst

Lake Charles, LA

Re:

What constitutes Rock N Roll? What is the difference in rocknroll and contemporary christian music?

2011/5/10 22:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy