SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Savation Is Not Free

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
mattandliz

Savation Is Not Free

It'll cost you your life. (Matthew 10:38-39)

2011/5/5 15:15Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Savation Is Not Free

My friend, Salvation is 100% free and by the merits of the Lord Jesus Christ. But it will cost you everything once you have Christ. To really believe on Christ in this life and suffer the lose of all things, What is that in the scope of all eternity. To suffer every day of your life till you die here is nothing compared to eternal sufferings forever daily for millions of years, yea billions of years.

Oh that men would start to think with an eternal mindset then to believe in Christ and give everything away because of His love, His blood and eternal life he gives us. Our entire lives would seem as nothing compared to loving Christ and serving Him for an eternal reward.

Salvation is not by works, or by forsaking all its by Believing in the blood of Christ and His finished work. But the only proper response is to give everything to Him as a results. Our entire bodies, live, thoughts, energy, goals, ambitions, etc.

Ephesians 2:7-10 (ESV)

7 so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Philippians 3:7-9 (ESV)

But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 8 Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith

Colossians 3:2-4 (ESV)

2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. 3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is your [1] life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

2011/5/5 15:58Profile
mattandliz

Re:

You are right. Thank you for clarifying.

2011/5/5 16:08Profile
mikey2

Re:

I know what you are saying that it is FREE,

but if you don't forsake all, Jesus says you cannot be my disciple.

So, then you lose Salvation or never really had it??

Salvation wasn't free to the rich young ruler. It was going to cost him all, but he couldn't do it.

Matt 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
Mat 19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

Matt 13:45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
Mat 13:46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
YOU CANNOT BE HIS DISCIPLE IF YOU DO NOT FORSAKE ALL.

Luk 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
Luk 14:28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
Luk 14:29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
Luk 14:30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
Luk 14:31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
Luk 14:32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
Luk 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

2011/5/5 16:10Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

You cannot quote Matthew 19:21 - 22 without quoting all the way through the story to Matthew 19:26, "With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible." Those who simply inquired of the Lord received the answer. It is God who saves. When God saves, then we forsake things, forsaking things does not save us. We are rewarded for forsaking at Christs behest, we are not saved because of it. As is understood by verses 28-30.

May God save me from my selfishness and grant me and all of us the impossibility of forsaking all but for him. May he enable us by his grace to seek to be last amongst our brothers.

2011/5/5 16:24Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Brothers if you had a great big bag of garbage and someone wanted to give you a field of treasure for it, would you say it cost you something? :)

Is 64:6... and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Zep 3:17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

2011/5/5 16:25Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Quote:
Brothers if you had a great big bag of garbage and someone wanted to give you a field of treasure for it, would you say it cost you something? :)

HA HA! Heavens no!

2011/5/5 16:34Profile
mikey2

Re:

Yes, but one's man garbage is another man's treasure.

We all value garbage, too much, but try evangelizing that way and telling the lost that all they have is garbage.

We are on the other side of salvation, so of course it is garbage to us (and yet, some of us still hold on to it).

2011/5/5 16:40Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
Yes, but one's man garbage is another man's treasure.

That's a worldly saying that is not permitted into the spiritual.

Seriously Mikey, You really think that God is going to take any of our hay, wood, or stubble and count it as His righteousness? That's just garbage. :)

Quote:
We all value garbage, too much, but try evangelizing that way and telling the lost that all they have is garbage.

Someone once told me a few years back about my garbage, and then proceeded to show me something different, Needless to say I was won.

2011/5/5 17:58Profile
mikey2

Re:

That's wonderful Star, but Jesus does not tell us to point out man's garbage.

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

1Co 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

If we just preach Christ, some men will recognize that all they have is garbage.

If we attack men's idols (garbage), we will just start a bunch of debates and not win any souls.

2011/5/5 18:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy