Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Osama bin Laden Dead

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Giggles

Re:

Interestingly, this discussion is not localized to SermonIndex alone:

'Do Not Gloat' vs. 'Joy to the Righteous'

The verses most quoted on Twitter and Facebook after the news of the death of Osama bin Laden.

Editor's note: President Barack Obama's news that al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was killed after a firefight in Abbottabad, Pakistan, sparked one of Twitter's heaviest usage periods ever, with more than 4,000 tweets a second. The event was even reported live on Twitter, with Donald Rumsfeld's chief of staff reportedly announcing the death to his followers before mainstream media outlets broke the story (though he credits "a connected network TV news producer" as his source).

Among Christians, social network streams were full of debate over whether to rejoice in bin Laden's death, with Bible verses quoted by both sides.

http://ht.ly/4LrNe?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+delicious%2Fgqlf+%28Christian+Headlines+Top+Headlines%29

and

http://www.christianpost.com/news/osama-bin-laden-dead-christians-debate-response-50060/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+delicious%2Fgqlf+%28Christian+Headlines+Top+Headlines%29

2011/5/3 0:26Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Yes, Jimmy, God does raise up authorities and principalities to dispense justice and judgment...and even a sword upon evildoers (Romans 13:1-5). I think that this is what happened here.

2011/5/3 2:58Profile
That-guy0010

Re:

This is in no relation to anything recently posted but my veiw is, is that I am glad that he is dead and therefore can not cuase any more harm, but I am sorry that he was not saved.

2011/5/3 12:47Profile

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead

The more details which emerge through the media, the less impressed I am with the way this kind of 'justice' was served when there is a legal system in every country for criminals.

2011/5/3 22:11
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead

"In whose hand is the life of every living thing, And the breath of all mankind?" Job 12:10

The last of Osama bin Laden's days written in God's book has apparently ended. Exactly when and how I am not totally sure. Perhaps the whole truth will come out and perhaps not.

But this I do know, God puts leaders in and He takes them out.

If He can use the Assyrians and Babylonians as His instruments is it not possible that HE chose to do this this way? That this played out according to His sovereign will?

We are not responsible for critiquing or judging it. We are responsible for our response to it before the Lord and in the presence of others ~ especially those who do not know Him.

2011/5/3 23:13Profile

Re:

Very interesting...

http://www.sovereignindependent.com/?p=19467

2011/5/4 1:19
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Yeah a777, especially this one,
http://www.sovereignindependent.com/?p=19404

How credible is that source though?

2011/5/4 1:41Profile

Re:

I have no idea Oracio. I just found it. How credible is any source?

I do find this whole Bin Laden thing very suspicious.

Mainly because the U.S. has invested billions over 10 years to capture him and then they dump him in the ocean.

Anyway, best news source for me has always been the Word.

I don't trust any worldly news source 100%.

A777

2011/5/4 1:46
That-guy0010

Re:

Wow that website is really something.

2011/5/4 12:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy