Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Osama bin Laden Dead

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Osama bin Laden Dead

It is being reported by all the major news outlets that Osama bin Laden has been killed.

Proverbs 24:17 Rejoice not when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles: 18 Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him. 19 Fret not yourself because of evil men, neither be you envious at the wicked

Osama bin Laden is dead. And I am glad justice has been met. But as a Christian, I cannot rejoice over the death of my enemy. Be careful Church.

2011/5/1 23:01Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead

Regardless what you think about Osama...if you think that with him gone will change things for the better, I doubt it. It could get worse...

2011/5/1 23:09Profile

Re: Osama bin Laden Dead

I thought my only enemy was Satan.

I don't believe a true Believer has any enemies except Satan.

God has given us the ministry of reconciliation which is for ALL men.

2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Rom 12:14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

A777

2011/5/1 23:11
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Jesus said for us to love our enemies. So... Satan is obviously not our only enemy.

2011/5/1 23:24Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Wise words. We are to love our enemies, not kill them. Over come evil with good.

Wise words from our brothers, sister and our Lord.

2011/5/1 23:32Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Good word Jimmy....We need to be reminded.

At least I did. My first thought was rejoicing. But then I was corrected. And GinnyRose said that the sad part is he most likely he is not in Heaven and it could make things worse. But God is in charge, He is on the Throne and in that we can truly rejoice.

2011/5/1 23:37Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Obama is giving a speech about it now..

This is very grievous..for so many reasons.

2011/5/1 23:41Profile

Re:

Jimmy, they are only enemies of the cross of Christ.

Jesus knew that the people that He was talking to, saw the Romans as their enemies, and that is why He told them to love their enemies.

Now, we are on the other side of the crucifixion and resurrection and we know that we have no enemies, save Satan.

Let me ask you point blank. Do you have any enemies besides Satan? If so, who are they?

We need to be reminded that we have no enemies. Democrats/Republicans/Al Qaeda/Taliban or whoever.

Blessings,
A777

2011/5/1 23:46
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Friendship is a two way relationship. Osama bin Laden was my enemy. But that was his choice, not mine.

2011/5/1 23:52Profile

Re:

You have a point there, Jimmy. From his standpoint he was your enemy and maybe that was the context that Jesus was talking about.

Take care,
A777

2011/5/2 0:26

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy