SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Worse natural disaster since Katrina strikes...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Worse natural disaster since Katrina strikes...

Apart from the other big breaking news of "the cross and switch blades preachers' sudden and tragic loss. Is the news also of an Ef5 in strength twister ripping through the heart and soul of the state of Alabama. Latest news has 300 plus dead and damage that left Obama aghast with wonder. That is wonder at the destruction. In fact storm chasers were kept busy as no less than 150 twisters or there abouts sprung up in a single day. The other pressing point of interest is this tornado that struck Alabama was reportedly the 2nd deadliest to hit. I know this news will take a backseat at Sermon Index in light of times square pastors passing And tragic departure. It is hoped that after his mourning ...some might contribute to this and other breaking news. But understandably David wilkersons loss will supercede a lot of other news. As people come to terms with what's happened!! Is there any news about how the crash happened? I know in light of William Branhams death (healing evangelist) fame. A drunk driver ...took him out. Not that I endorse branhams ministry in full or part. Nevertheless that was the nature of the reported ...unexpected...sudden...death. The other thing worthy of mention in light of what I call end-time "prophecy watch" is this 2 mile long twister comes on the back of the devastating Queensland floods, the Christchurch earthquake, and the Japanese tsunami and earthquake. We haven't exactly started the year well. But will things continue to get worse and not better???

2011/4/30 6:59Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re: Worse natural disaster since Katrina strikes...

Pictures from some of the storm damage...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42762925/displaymode/1247?beginSlide=19

2011/4/30 7:11Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

thanks for making this link available star. The devastation is widespread and pictures give us a glimpse into the heartbreak loss and suffering. Many homes destroyed. Many many are left totally homeless.

2011/4/30 7:23Profile
mguldner

Kansas

I thought this storm was rather odd as well, my wife's family lives in VA and her parents have never had to take cover for a tornado while they have lived their. It seem rather crazy to me that, I being in the Tornado Alley haven't experienced the loss of those hit in our eastern boarder. Will it get better, it may just be the pessimist in me but I would say chances are no, we haven't even gone through the traditional tornado season here in the heartland. Weather in and of itself has been incredibly odd this year thus far, and not even the major diastors we have experience but just strange in general.

I will definitely be praying for those that have lost loved ones and pray we cling to Christ in this time of turbulence.

2011/4/30 7:28Profile
sonofthunder

Re:

The question that also begs Is this: is this just the Genesis or (beginning) of sorrows?? Fair question. The other thing about loss...about tragedy...is this...how little (if any) is there time to get right with God! To say prayers. To clear conscience. To make wrongs right. Plan ahead: be in right standing with God (Now) !!! Don't wait for things to strike or go horribly wrong. Don't let the unexpected take you unawares. Take safegaurds - be responsible. As your adversary the devil prowls around...seeking whom - he may destroy.

2011/4/30 7:57Profile

the continuing disaster

i was watching weather radar all that day,and never saw such a potent formation, but the continuing story, that has slipped from the news, is that the Fukushima power plant STILL spews radioactive filth. i've been watching it everyday:

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/news/fukushima?LANG=en&VAR=zamg

you can adjust the thermal collection overhead to display various radioactive substances.

there is still a nuclear reaction happening there, it is still UNCONTAINED, and the media refuses to report this looming disaster, which i find ironic, in that Japan still is the only nation to have that demonic weapon unleashed upon it, and now it feels like Japan is giving the world BACK this poison.

God's Ways are unfathomable, what man can divine the Mind of God?

things will get worse, but as they do, those who do not know God...YET, will run into the Arms of the Father, when they realize the looming darkness.

Sinners running into the Arms of Jesus is a good thing, what's happening all around may not be, but the souls of His children does God so crave.

2011/4/30 11:18
HeartSong

The tornado that went through Tuscaloosa AL appears to have originated near the area that David Wilkerson was killed. I can't quite get the timing figured out (it is in UTC time), but still have the loop from NOAA on my computer.

2011/4/30 14:37Profile

Re:

Thank you for alerting us with this thread and all of these posts.

2011/4/30 16:24
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

I live close to Knoxville, TN and I was praying. This was the worst of several serious storms we've had in April, it's like where is the end Lord? We are called to get even more thunder storms early next week. The devastation in the Bible belt is unspeakable but God is still on the throne.

Here is a link to show all the tornado's that hit on Wednesday....

http://maps.google.com/maps?ftr=crisisresponse.kmlpanel:src=southern_us_tornados_4_2011&cad=southern_us_tornadoes_4_2011

God bless us all,
Lisa

2011/4/30 18:07Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

One can look at the earthquakes that rocked Haiti, Japan and New Zealand and appreciate the devastation it brought to those people. Then you had the floods in Australia; and there were other natural disasters. For those of us inland the only thing that can shake us is tornadoes and this I thought of when all these other disasters unfolded.

Tornadoes are not uncommon here in our community. They do not make national news because the area is rural with less then 12,000 people, I think in our county. But when you do have a tornado, you have one and that is it. You do not have a series of them in a matter of hours or even days, like we had in the recent two weeks. There was a tornado two weeks ago, followed by severe hail a few days later; then more rain and then several days later a series of tornadoes, some following the same general path, deviating some. Unusual, extremely odd.

One story: a man was in his machine shop talking on the phone when a tornado totally destroyed his shop, log trucks, picked up asphalt and he escaped unharmed. Now, how can one explain that?

If you were not hurt during this event you have a story because all of us were very much aware of these storms. Some fled from its path, like we did, others were watching the twisters...and many are thinking and talking about about God...

2011/4/30 18:32Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy