SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : National Day of Prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

National Day of Prayer

May 5th. is our National Day of Prayer in America. As far as I know all 50 States are coming out for prayer. I pray thousands will come out and make a public stand proclaiming Jesus Christ is Lord. This is the year to come out of the closet and stand up for Jesus. Be glorified O God!

2011/4/29 14:11Profile

Re: National Day of Prayer

Amen, my sister, amen.

2011/4/30 10:36
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re: National Day of Prayer

"come out of the closet and stand up for Jesus."

When I read that I wanted to say, "Been there, Done that. No thanks."

Six or seven years ago I was invited to be part of the group planning our local National Day of Prayer event. As I sat and listened to those more in charge than I, I became dismayed. Opening worship and greeting and explanation of what we were there for and introduction of the speakers ___ minutes. The first person would speak for __ minutes then 10 minutes for attendees prayer ~ including the time getting into groups. Followed by another worship song then another person then 10 minutes ... In the end the well planned ~ to the minute ~ "prayer" event had less time in real prayer than any other element! I had to leave the planning early but did speak my mind before I left. I was not invited back.

I once heard a Ugandan pastor speak. In the course of his message he said Americans are always looking for the next meeting or conference or event. When it is over we walk outside say something like, "That was really good. Want to go get pizza?" And we wait for the next attraction, untouched by the one we were just in.

I find so it is with the National Day of Prayer events here. There is very little heartfelt petitioning of the Lord. But when we are done we can pat ourselves on the back for having "made a stand for Jesus" and then decide if we want pizza or Dairy Queen.

I would wish that it was more what you envision. My experience is that it is not. Sorry I'm not more positive.

2011/4/30 22:32Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

I am so sorry you had such a bad experience Shmily. I had only one experience of praying with others publicly and it was very positive.

Several of us gathered at the High School. Most were teens from there. We made a circle and we prayed very sincerely. We didn't sing, we just prayed. It was awesome that the teens took a stand in front of their high school & peers. We had to do it before classes began.

I sure pray that the one you described will not be the same here. I would be frustrated too. I dont like church as usual and that sounds like what your experience was.

In the past on the N. D.of P. I have just prayed all day at home. But I thought it would be awesome if Christians would come out. Especially this year. But in all sincerity, not in a dead church service.

You can still pray on that day with those who are sincere wherever you are. All Glory to God.

2011/5/1 0:32Profile
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re:

I too pray that your experience with the NDOP will be not just different from mine but awesome.

What I shared is the template used here. I have been to nearly all those offered here and it was always the same format. I will not be able to attend this year. ~ and honestly I really don't want to. But I will pray.

I am interested to hear what you experience there. And not only you but any other SI person who attends in their area.

These are trying times and are going to get rougher. We need to cry out to the Lord. In His wrath may He remember mercy.

2011/5/2 1:01Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Amen Shmily,

I actually asked our associate Pastor what it was like last year. He said the "spirit filled" pastors were upset because a Hindu came. That upset me. One I said, "the spirit filled pastors???" he said "yes". I wondered what spirit they had. He was happy that I was upset about our pastors being angry a Hindu came. What a chance to show the love of Jesus to someone. To take him to Salvation. Instead, they had a "religious spirit".

He did say there was no singing but just praying. So, we will see. But it is good to pray even if at home or at work as there are very real and very sincere people who are praying and fasting on that day. We join in with the cry of their hearts of God's heart. Hear the cry of our heart O' God as we humble ourselves before you. Come and be glorified O' God in our land. You have a plan and we are longing to line up with Your plan O' Lord. In Jesus Powerful Name. Amen!

2011/5/2 14:37Profile

Re: Re NDP call opporunoty

There is an opportunity tomorrow to pray or lead in prayer for The National Day of prayer.. Greater Calling Ministries is facilitating a 12 hour conference call for people to pray or lead in prayer. Participants are needed. Anyone with s heart for prayer can go to wwe.greatercalling.org or call 800.303.3781. Great opportunity for prayer.

2011/5/4 12:29

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy