Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 3 men arrested for reading Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 3 men arrested for reading Bible

The arrests happened on Feb. 2, 2011, when the assistant pastor from Calvary Chapel of Hemet and two church elders went to the public property. Mackey then started reading the Bible aloud.
He was arrested less than 30 minutes later, and the two others were arrested a short time after that, even though they had not actually been reading the Bible aloud.

The men believed they had a First Amendment right to free speech and they were standing in a planter in the parking lot and were on public property.
A member of the California Highway Patrol approached Mackey, grabbed his Bible and arrested him. Then Coronado and Flores asked the officer, "What law was he breaking?" ...

read more: http://www.sermonaudio.com/new_details.asp?ID=31468

2011/4/29 7:26Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: 3 men arrested for reading Bible

And so it begins, That just completely shocked me watching the video, the one reading scriptures wasn't even doing so in a disturbing manor.

2011/4/29 7:38Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: 3 men arrested for reading Bible

Probably shouldn't have read out of Romans 1, it seems to anger people for whatever reason. Truth is truth no matter how you slice it.

2011/4/29 7:43Profile
PaulFaculin

Quezon City, Philippines

Re:

Wow! I've seen the video of it. It's both scary and sad also that the police was very disrespectful in the way he handle the Pastor.

2011/4/29 7:54Profile

Re:

Hello! People wake up! This is America! And yet these brothers are arrestrd for reading the Bible! Am I the only one on this forum who area what is happening? Listen saints persecution is coming to America and you are quiet. Kids can take guns to school and not be expelled. Yet when a child brings a Bible to school they are dosciplined and severely. Mioslems can pray in the workplace and Christians can't. I hear pastors are jailed and fined in Canada for teading Romans 1. Does anybody see what is happenong here/??? Does anyone remember Nazi Getmany???? You folks get so riled up when one uses the wrong translation of scripture yet you are silent on these mattets of pesecution. Why?????

2011/4/30 11:12
savedtoserve

Re:

I'm here, martyr, perhaps one to be classed in the category of those who are disturbed at the thought of a Christian without a Book he can rely on. Yes, persecution has come in subtle ways to America and is yet to come in more obvious ways, I believe. I was raised to expect this, which does not downplay it in any way, rather, I mean that my whole life hasn't been built around the idea that "America can do no wrong" or that "We're a Christian nation." Thus, it's no surprise to me, although it is still a call to be committed to doing right, no matter what. Blessings to you!

2011/4/30 13:01Profile
HeartSong

Re:

In the video that I watched, the police officer said that the man was being arrested for preaching to a "captive audience" - the people were not free to walk away. No matter what the law says, my LORD has never forced me to hear His Word. Nor has He ever trapped me into partaking of that which He is putting forth. One has to wonder what kind of spirit is behind a message is intentionally forced upon others.

2011/4/30 14:11Profile

Re: Savedtoserve

Thank you dear saint. Your post made my day.

2011/4/30 14:41
rusaved1

Virginia

Re:

Ditto, savedtoserve

As a continuation of your thought, this country is not what it used to be, but I also realize that too many believers are unaware of what is coming. So, yes, it's very important to be a voice in waking up Christians to the truth. Everything is being counterfeited these days, especially Christianity; and I've come to realize from God's word that truth is the only comeback to something counterfeit.

God bless you, martyr!

2011/4/30 15:25Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy