SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Benefits Of The Blood

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FranklinB

Benefits Of The Blood

When you talk about the cross you're talking about the finished work of Jesus. When Jesus said, "It is finished" he meant just that. And he intends for you to walk in his finished work. There's some benefits that came by the cross and all your benefits are by the shed blood of Jesus. And that's what I want to talk about The Benefits of the Blood.

Every benefit is by the blood of Jesus so you have a right to them. God accepted the blood of Jesus as payment for your redemption so you have a right to every benefit of your redemption. Let me give you an example: You go to the store to buy something, you take it and put it up on the counter, give the cashier your money, and she keeps your money and the item that's illegal. Because once you accept payment for something then you have to release it. And God is a God that operates by principles so once He accepted the blood of Jesus as payment He had to release all your redemption benefits every healing, deliverance, blessing has already been released.

That's why God puts all your redemption benefits in the past tense. Galatians 3:13 says "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law." 1Peter 2:24 says "By whose stripes ye were healed." Ephesians 1:3 says "Blessed by the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ." 2Peter 1:3 says "According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness." Now it's up to you to receive what Jesus did by the cross.

This is a faith walk, but I think sometimes we get caught up with having to see or feel something before we believe God has done something. And it's a faith walk because a lot of times what you see and feel may not appear to be as God has said, but you still have to believe it is just as God said it is. Because the only thing that can dictate what's true is God's word and not your senses. If you are going to walk in your blood benefits you are going to have to believe God up front.

Sometimes people say I'll belive that when I see it, but that's not God's way. God says you have to believe it before you see it. And you can believe because the work of Jesus is already done. But the problem is we don't call things done until we see it manifested. You can't let not seeing lead you to think what the word says was done isn't.

Let me give you an example in Luke 5 a man that had leprosy came to Jesus for healimg. Jesus laid his hands on him and said, be thou clean and immediately the leprosy left him and Jesus sent him to the priest. Now back in those days you only showed yourself to the priest after you have been cleansed. Now in Luke 17:12-14 ten men that were lepers cried out to Jesus to have mercy on them and Jesus said, "Go show yourselves unto the priest" and as they went they were cleansed. Now the first man had all evidence of his healing when Jesus sent him to the priest, but the 10 lepers had no evidence of their healing when Jesus sent them to the priest and yet we know healing had already been released becaused as they went they were cleansed. Was what he did for the first man any more real than what he did for the 10? No, everything the word says was done through the cross is just as real now as it is when it manifest where you can see it.

So now the question is how do I walk in my blood benefits:

1. Be conscious of your benefits- Psalms 103:2 says "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits. Well you cant forget something you never knew.
2. Believe- In Matthew 9:28 the first thing Jesus asked the 2 blind men is do you believe. Because according to your faith it will be done unto you.
3. Speak- You have to speak what the word says was done through the cross. Psalms 107:2 says "Let the redeemed of the Lord say so". Now when you start speaking contrary to what your senses are telling you the first thing the devil will try to do is convince you that you are lieing. But Romans 3:4 says "Let God be true and every man be a liar". In other words you can't lie agreeing with God because God can't lie. And in Isaiah 55:11 it says "My word shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please. Well, for his word to return to him someone has to speak it and He said it will accomplish.

Through the blood of Jesus you have rights. The word right is defined as something to which one has a just claim. So, you have a right to claim your healing. You have a right to claim your deliverance. You have a right to claim your blessings because they are paid for. And anything paid for you to have you have a right to. There's power in the message of the cross. 1Corinthians 1:18 says "The message of the cross is foolishness to them that perish, but unto us that are saved it is the power of God."

2011/4/24 18:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy