SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Did Jesus Ever Descend to Hell?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

Triple A, you have returned. Same one?

I do not believe He suffered in hell for our sins. That He did on the cross, when He said, "It is finished". Though I do believe He descended there in triumph over Satan.

2011/8/5 23:36Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re: The thief speaks

Quote: "Christ is asking him a question and is not guarantying his place in paradise read all of the Gospels together on the account Matthew says both gnashed at Him".

Not unlike us, who before we call Him king, call him enemy. There is a confession of sin after the gnashing. There is a defense of Christ after the gnashing. Finally, there is a profession of who this man nailed beside them is. Today how many Jews will recognize Him as the thief did? Rather they desire the title nailed to the top of the beam and written upon the crewd piece of wood be removed. I would take the testimony of this thief over ninety eight out of a hundred testimonies given in most churches in America. O' that more would call Him King!

2011/8/6 14:13Profile
Questor

Re: Christ in Hell

Peter was a simple, straight forward kind of guy. He says that Yeshua went down into pits of hell to preach.

I take Peter's word for it that Yeshua could very well, in His mercy, have gone to present a final case for salvation to those good and bad, who were not yet judged.

Outside of time, three days could have had our Lord speaking to many a poor soul who otherwise would be judged on their works, and the response to the world that Abba requires of us as evidence of His existence. Just looking around the universe, we have no reason to question YHWH.

As the matter is not a salvation issue, but a treatise on the actions of Yeshua in His three days in the grave, I will accept, and even hope for the possibility.

Q

2011/8/7 1:59Profile

Re:

Anonymous wrote: "How do we know that He only did a quick visit?

Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, TO DAY shalt thou be with me in paradise.

The DAY that JESUS DIED HE WAS IN PARADISE because He promised the thief plus He was promised that His soul would not be left in Hell."

I agree that Jesus probably descended into Hell temporarily; i think He took the FULL wrath of God for us. However, i want to point out one thing i feel is a flaw that many people have as their argument when they say he could not have descended into Hell and it relates to this post above in their use of the fact that Jesus said TODAY you will be with me in paradise to the thief:

1. Those people are forgetting that with God one day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.

2. Those people are forgetting that Jesus did NOT go to Heaven (aka "paradise) the day of his crucifixion! He could not have, for He said to Mary at the tomb, "Touch me not, for i have not yet ascended to my Father". !!

3. He wasn't resurrected until the THIRD day; so he was either asleep in the cave-tomb or he(his spirit)went somewhere else...

Thus, when Jesus said "Today you will be with me in paradise", i don't think He was referring to that Friday; please remember that Heaven is OUTSIDE of Time; it is in eternity and IN ETERNITY THERE IS NO TIME; IT IS OUTSIDE THE LAWS OF TIME AND SPACE. THEREFORE, A THOUSAND YEARS IS AS ONE DAY AND A DAY AS A THOUSAND YEARS.

2011/8/7 4:35
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Food for thought,

Revelation 1:18 "And the Ever-living One [I am living in the eternity of the eternities]. I died, but see, I am alive forevermore; and I possess the keys of death and Hades (the realm of the dead)."

Would this require a trip to Hades for the Keys of Death?

2011/8/7 4:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy