Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : LORDship Controversy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re: LORDship Controversy

If I may offer a thought on this

Quote:
My mind is where the upper function of thought and lust and giving my flesh the want to lust because of temptation.

it is that the brain is different from the mind, which, according to the mode of thought employed by Jesus, John, Peter and Paul, is seated in the heart.

The new heart with its new spirit does have a new mind, but WE have to give ourselves (our bodies) to the desires of the new heart (Spirit) and not to the desires of the old heart (spirit) out of which used to proceed the things that defile a man.

2011/5/1 20:52

Re:

AtG,

I like the way you say it and here is a scripture I like.

1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

A777

2011/5/1 21:19

Re: LORDship Controversy

Thanks.

Hebrews 8:10 For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

2011/5/1 23:39
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote:
The new heart with its new spirit does have a new mind, but WE have to give ourselves (our bodies) to the desires of the new heart (Spirit) and not to the desires of the old heart (spirit) out of which used to proceed the things that defile a man

The above quote is a bit confusing

Ezekiel 36:26

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

God has a dual work to perform in a sinner for Sins and Sin.

Conversion

1. Sins are forgiven---Justification...(((New Spirit))))communication with the Father is restored..ie; where we cry Abba Father..Child of God...

Sanctification(not during conversion but a futher work after conversion)

2. Sin is dealt with..Sanctification---Removal of the Stony heart that is the death of the old man; Given a ((((((heart of flesh the new man Christ)))))...You are a Son of God as there no hinderance to you being led by the spirit of God...

The reason why there is a struggle for believers after conversion is because ((((Sin remains)))) within the beliver and has to dealt with.

2011/5/2 17:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy