SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : US preacher warns end of the world is nigh: 21 May, around 6pm, to be precise

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 US preacher warns end of the world is nigh: 21 May, around 6pm, to be precise

The end of the world is nigh; 21 May, to be precise. That's the date when Harold Camping, a preacher from Oakland, California, is confidently predicting the Second Coming of the Lord. At about 6pm, he reckons 2 per cent of the world's population will be immediately "raptured" to Heaven; the rest of us will get sent straight to the Other Place.

If Mr Camping were speaking from any normal pulpit, it would be easy to dismiss him as just another religious eccentric wrongly calling the apocalypse. But thanks to this elderly man's ubiquity, on America's airwaves and billboards, his unlikely Doomsday message is almost impossible to ignore. ...

read more: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-preacher-warns-end-of-the-world-is-nigh-21-may-around-6pm-to-be-precise-2254139.html

2011/4/22 18:17Profile

Re: US preacher warns end of the world is nigh: 21 May, around 6pm, to be precise

I wonder if he wouldn't mind signing me over his house, and assets as of May 22nd, just as a sign of good faith. I should write him...

2011/4/22 19:44

Re:

If if is ok to ask?

How is this thread any different than the Paul Washer thread?

In each thread a man's public words are being weighed. Is that slander? This thread could actually end up worse as this poor brother will be ridiculed and mocked. I saw another thread started about him recently (not sure who started it) but the man was mocked and ridiculed in that one.

Should we not be encouraging each other to pray?

Is it possible to ask the creator of the Paul Washer thread to change the title and then unlock it? We were having a very good conversation.

Respectfully,
A777

2011/4/22 20:24
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
anonymous777:
Should we not be encouraging each other to pray?

Most definitely we should be encouraging one another to pray for him.

God bless,
Lisa

2011/4/22 20:47Profile

Re: US preacher warns end of the world is nigh: 21 May, around 6pm, to be precise

oh dear Harold....God knows. in my lil world, God willing i am closing on my ridge top property on 15 May, which would allow me 6 days of praying in the wildwoods, and i do NOT mean that tongue in cheek.

but for the Grace of God in 6 minutes, my heart could split open, and i'll go be with the Lord, clothes a bit singed.

such are the days we live in.

2011/4/22 21:56
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

What time zone is Jesus coming in on May 21st?

2011/4/23 0:32Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
In each thread a man's public words are being weighed. Is that slander? This thread could actually end up worse as this poor brother will be ridiculed and mocked. I saw another thread started about him recently (not sure who started it) but the man was mocked and ridiculed in that one.

I think the difference here is that this person is not considered a godly man who is featured on this site, while Paul Washer is. Just sharing what I think the rules are here brother, that's all. I definitely agree that we should pray for him. Same goes for any other false teacher. At the same time, I do believe warning about specific false teachers and their teachings is biblical and needful sometimes.

2011/4/23 0:46Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Praying for a false teacher...

Praying for a false teacher...

This phrase surfaces frequently when the discussion involves a false teacher. It is a noble sounding exercise. One does not enjoy hearing of anyone who promotes false doctrine hence the challenge is given that we did not pray for him, perhaps implying that is why he peddles false beliefs?

Can one find any Scripture where Jesus or the apostles teach that prayer should be made for such? Jesus prayed for his followers in his high priestly prayer, not for the Scribes and Pharisees. Paul asks that people pray for him and other saints, but false teachers? Actually, it would be scary to think that this would be the case which could raise some other serious questions, questions we may be too scared to consider.

2011/4/26 14:54Profile

Re: Praying for a false teacher...

I was going to post something funny but thought better. The fact is this would be funny if it was not so sad. This is the stuff that makes Christians the laughing stock of the world..

2011/4/27 22:49

Re: But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

This prophet knows more than any man, angel, or even the son, Jesus. I'm sorry, but he has heard the whispers of a lying spirit, that seeks to bring him shame.

One benefit that we can derive from this aberration, is to remember that "Thy Word IS TRUTH!"...and our Holy Bibles hold it.

Here is what Jesus Himself says about that day, and who He reveals the timing to. That would be no-one...just the Father. I'm glad about that. It takes a lot of pressure away from us Earthlings.

25. Behold, I have told you before.

26. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28. For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

32. Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33. So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

35.Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

36. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

NO MAN.NOT AN ANGEL. ONLY GOD THE FATHER KNOWS.

On May 22, I hope he is broken enough to seek mercy, and find it...and if that comes to pass...I forgive him too. Most, however, do not turn to God in these circumstances.

2011/4/27 23:13

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy