SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prayer and helpful advice needed re. 'Christian' Fair...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Prayer and helpful advice needed re. 'Christian' Fair...

On May 2nd Manchester cathedral (Anglican) in the UK will be opening it's doors to a 'spirit of life' festival. At first we thought as published by the media they were inviting in the occult. I was then informed it was not the occult but a Christian festival. I looked at the cathedrals events page and was extremely shocked at what I read. I won't link to the site or links given but here is a description of whats on offer:

"With about 25 workshops and stalls covering poetry, Franciscan spirituality, arts and crafts, healing, icons, angels, meditation, personality profiling, music and blessings, labyrinths, dream interpretation, Christian symbolism of gem stones and Celtic saints, prayer bead making, choral evensong, foot and hand massage, Taize chants and, finally, fire breathing!"

Then I came across something which really left me feeling disturbed....

"Welcome to Manchester Cathedral to our first Mind, Body, Spirit fair. In this place of Christian worship we are offering opportunities for you to engage with the Spirit of Life through meditation and mysticism, prophecy and Jesus-Deck Reading, massage and therapies, creative arts, prayer and conversation."

Jesus deck reading cards??!!
After looking online at them they they look just like tarot cards and found they are in fact an alterative to tarot!
Also 'Meditating on Icons' - "Meditating on icons as doors
into the mystic realm" !!

We are preparing to go evangelising in Manchester on this day. Your prayers are much needed and appreciated. But any advice, be it scripture or experience in witnessing to groups like this would also be valued as we would like to be armed with as much info and help as we head up there. I was really shocked yesterday when I found out about the Jesus deck cards. Has anyone else heard of them?

2011/4/21 10:06
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Prayer and helpful advice needed re. 'Christian' Fair...

Quote:
Jesus deck reading cards??!! After looking online at them they they look just like tarot cards and found they are in fact an alterative to tarot!

Thank you for posting this, I've never heard of these before.

God bless you,
Lisa

2011/4/21 10:44Profile
Renoncer

Re: Prayer and helpful advice needed re. 'Christian' Fair...

Three chapters come to mind: Deuteronomy 18, 1Corinthians 10, and Revelation 2. Meditate on those and be ready to speak the words of God. If they won't listen to God's Word, there is only a fearful expectation of the wrath to come (Hebrews 10:26-27).

Remember two things:
1) You must warn them regardless of their reaction to the warning (Ezekiel 3:17-21).
2) You must remember that you were once like them, but you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ (1Corinthians 6:11). Therefore, speak as a receptor of grace, not having a righteousness of your own except what God has given you in Christ Jesus.

Will pray for you.
In Christ Jesus,
Renoncer

2011/4/21 12:09Profile

Re:

Many thanks Renoncer! We appreciate the prayers of the saints and all your input!!! It is much needed!

Lisa, Thank you and God bless you also.

Geraldine

2011/4/22 11:26

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy