SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Spiritual Warfare - Jim Logan

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread

Spiritual Warfare - Jim Logan

Is anyone else listening to the series Greg posted here?

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=37212&forum=16&2

I wondered if so, whether it has altered your understanding or views, or, you're having to alter your theology to receive this man's testimony? Or, maybe you just plain disagree?

2011/4/19 19:28

Re: Spiritual Warfare - Jim Logan

AtG, how long is each of the series?

You always get me doing things. :)
As an example - as soon as you mentioned A.B. Simpson's biography by Tozer last year, I immediately pulled it off the shelf and read it through that same night :) Hadn't read it in 25 yrs.
See how persuasive you are. Bet ya didn't know.

LORD Bless!

2011/4/19 19:34
Lysa

East TN for now!

Yes, I am listening to the first one. I believe he is Baptist (?) and I was amazed at how when someone opens their mind to the Spirit of the Lord, He takes them beyond denominational boundaries!

I will write more later, i just got home from work and have to get some sleep for more work in the am... thank God for the hours!

But I do not disagree with what I heard on the first recording; everyone should listen to that one for sure!!

God bless,
Lisa

2011/4/20 0:18Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

how long is each of the series?

Hi,

The first one is 45 min long

2011/4/20 1:29Profile

Re: how long is each of the series?

Thanks White Stone!

I listened to one - "manifestations" - forget which # that was.

No comment at this time.

2011/4/20 1:33
Compton

Hi Alive,

I listened to "Our Position in Christ" tonight.

2011/4/20 1:48Profile

Hi Jesus-is-GOD, They are all less than an hour - 40 - 45 mins. I'm listening in order, and finding there is a reason they are in order - because he's a teacher, and he's building.

He is speaking to Christians, and that permits him a direct style.

2011/4/20 6:15

Hi Lysa,

Quote:
I was amazed at how when someone opens their mind to the Spirit of the Lord, He takes them beyond denominational boundaries!

Well, no doubt he found that God's word and the principalities and powers don't abide by 'denominational boundaries'!

:-D

I'm up to the fifth session later today.

2011/4/20 6:19

Re: Spiritual Warfare

Luk 24:49 "And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem,

until ye be endued with power from on high."

From Corrie's letter on how we're to get through the worst days in human history that are to come, when demonic power will be at it's peak, as never before seen on earth - when discernment will be needed more than ever as well -

**First we need to feed on the Word of God, digest it, make it a part of our being. This will mean disciplined Bible study each day as we not only memorize long passages of scripture, but put the principles to work in our lives.

**Next we need to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Not just the Jesus of yesterday, the Jesus of History, but the life-changing Jesus of today who is still alive and sitting at the right hand of God.

**We must be filled with the Holy Spirit.

This is no optional command of the Bible, it is absolutely necessary. Those earthly disciples could never have stood up under the persecution of the Jews and Romans had they not waited for Pentecost. Each of us needs our own personal Pentecost, the baptism of the Holy Spirit. We will never be able to stand in the tribulation without it."

Strongly recommend listening to some of Corrie Ten Boom's messages.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=14

2011/4/20 13:26

Re:

The last days will be filled with "lying signs and wonders".

What does that mean. The word "lying" gives us a clue that those 'acts' will Not be based upon His Truth and will Not promote His Truth.

The "True Truth" of HIS Word.

IF Satan can get a person to continue to believe a lie against a Biblical truth - sure he'll leave a person's body with great signs of being expelled - but he has not left them. He's left them believing half truths or lies.

What is Satan's biggest Enemy? The WORD of GOD.

Is that just quoting some Scriptures or being IN The Truth?

Satan Hates Truth and will do everything within his power to deceive by any means possible - even 'signs and wonders' and "manifestations" of All Sorts. Satan's bag of tricks is only limited by GOD's protection.

Whenever we believe a doctrinal un-truth, we've sinned against The Holy Spirit of Truth. We've told the Spirit of Truth to be silent and have calloused over a portion of our spirit to His Voice. Satan will 'bless that'. Satan will help the person along to remain calloused in that one area where the Spirit of Truth cannot penetrate.

How do you think that So many - GOD says "most" - will fall away and mainly through iniquity and deceptions. That "Angel of light" is much smarter than to make himself Obvious. Lucifer was in Heaven to serve and worship GOD for ages, that we have no way of numbering. He KNOWS how GOD thinks and how Heaven works. Only GOD can hold him back. We, with our puny human brains cannot even begin to fathom nor measure his intelligence with our meager knowledge of IQ tests and the such. Even the children of darkness of wiser than the children of light.

Only The Spirit of Truth - Who only testifies and stands by or blesses The WORD of GOD in it's entirety can lead us away from deceptions that open us up to Satan's lies.

Child-like dependence based upon a True Love relationship with Him will get any of us through.
His Love rejoices only at His Truth - not our perception of what's true or truth.

Why did He demand "child-like" minds to possess the Kingdom? Because children have no knowledge of their own and the principle of looking up to Father is the highest form of humility that could be displayed as an example to us.

If we shun His Teachings (called doctrine) in the KJV - we've shunned HIM.

The enemy cannot get in and cannot stay in the presence of one who has emptied themselves of self and have leaned entirely in dependence on GOD in Christ by His Spirit.
When a child of GOD who has humbled themselves of all but HIM comes into a house or the presence of any Satanic beings - they leave - period.

It's when people have allowed themselves to have any confidence in themselves or have accepted a lie of Any sort - most especially doctrinal - that they open themselves up to demonic delusions - either delusions of grandour/ego or delusions about the supernatural type and such.

Sure, the enemy will put on quite the show to keep anyone in the grip of untruths - those beliefs that are contrary to The Truth. Immanuel is The Truth!

Immanuel used only The WORD of GOD against Satan - though He was The WORD of GOD in the flesh on earth.

If we speak the Word of GOD from a deceived spirit - that's been deceived by believing a lie - do you believe that quoting of Scripture has the Power of The Spirit of TRUTH behind it?

In Spirit and In Truth!

Satan biggest tactic in these last days is to deceive through doctrines of devils and through lying signs and wonders that confirm these doctrines that are not of The Truth.

Don't be deceived. Make that our most earnest prayer in all humility, before an All-Mighty GOD and with fear - that we will not be deceived and the only way He will accomplish that in any of us is to remove All Lies ... in Jesus' Name and by His Authority alone we pray this. Amen. In His Love.

2011/4/20 17:00

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy