SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Many Born-Again Christians Hold Universalist Views

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Many Born-Again Christians Hold Universalist Views

Twenty-five percent of born-again Christians said all people are eventually saved or accepted by God. A similar proportion, 26 percent, said a person’s religion does not matter because all faiths teach the same lessons.

And an even higher proportion, 40 percent, of born-again Christians said they believe Christians and Muslims worship the same God.

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/many-born-again-christians-hold-universalist-views-barna-finds-49883/

2011/4/19 10:04Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: Many Born-Again Christians Hold Universalist Views

"Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn."

(Matthew 13:24-30)

2011/4/19 10:12Profile
MaryJane

If that does not testify to just how deceived many who call themselves Christians are I don't know what would. Many are deceived and lost themselves and will stand shocked before Jesus when HE says to them, "Depart from me I have never known you."

Praying for the deception to be broken, "Lord give us eyes to see, give us ears to hear!!!"

mj

2011/4/19 10:16Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Welll, I used to think so, too, until I was informed otherwise. I was ignorant.

Messianic Jews call Jesus Yahweh; Allah means God, so why the issue? at least so say the ignorant.

This just illustrates the ignorance of 'Christians'.

2011/4/19 10:49Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Luke 10:22
All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, or who the Father is except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."

Well, when I apply this bible verse than I doubt whether these people are really born again.

Allah cannot be the same God because he is not the father and he has no son.

2011/4/19 11:08Profile
rookie

Re:

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

One can only escape deception by receiving the "love of the truth."

2011/4/19 12:26Profile

"And an even higher proportion, 40 percent, of born-again Christians said they believe Christians and Muslims worship the same God."....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have got to wonder about false conversions here...or even worse...receiving another spirit that masquerades as the Holy Spirit.

Are we in the midst of the Great Falling away? I am shocked...every day, as I see information about the state of the church as this.

The Bible is thrown out, the witness of the Spirit that agrees with the Word...and a gospel that God is love, and whatever you do to be blessed or find Him is as good as another.

This is Satan's gospel.....with no blood sacrifice, no repentance....and man's ideas of doing as he wills to please Him.

Jesus is the One and Only Lord and God....and you must judge Him as a liar to follow any other...Of course...this is in the Bible..which has been summarily ignored...I forgot.

2011/4/19 12:54
therick2018

not born again :(

2011/4/19 15:23Profile

Only 26%? Surprising.

Where does the fault lie, in reality?

With those who will not let Sound Doctrine be "contended for" because they want "peace, unity and numbers".

After reading Schaff's and Broadbent's history of the Church I was totally flabbergasted at the fact that since the first Church, all that it took to persuade the huge majority in an unbiblical direction was just ONE man or woman. Just one person could change such a large segment of so-called believer's beliefs and some for over a thousand years. The Apostles were Constantly fighting heresies that were non-stop trying to enter the Church and so did the most earliest of the ECF who knew the Apostles as well.

Oh, but we mustn't come against heretics or call anything much 'heresy' - in the name of "Peace and Unity", it's been this way for so long now.
It's our own fault and the so-called leader's fault, everyone of us, for not fighting this stuff, not wanting to get involved and not contending for the truth because we just don't want to be disturbed, bothered
or ostracized from the group - period.

2011/4/19 15:39
TimmyJoe

Panama City, FL

Re:

Do you think a person who is a universalist could truly be born again? If so, could they stay there?

2011/4/19 15:52Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy