Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Burnt by fanatics

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
CHILDofGRACE

Anyigba, Kogi State, Nigeria

Burnt by fanatics

This is a day of sorrow for most of us members of the Deeper Life Campus Fellowship and graduates of the Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri, Nigeria. While walking along the road this evening, my phone rang. I brought it out to check who was calling. A sister in our fellowship and graduate of the school was on the line. She was a dear friend so I, picked the call with joy in my voice. But the response I got was bone chilling. She was weeping. Amidst tears, she told me that one of our past sister leaders was late. The cause of her death? Religious/political killings which started in parts of Northern Nigeria after the results of the presidential election held on saturday was announced.
The beloved sister was burnt in their family house along wit her siblings.
Other brethren in parts of the muslim dominated North have been calling in and are telling of tensions around. The news of the sister's death made me cry but I know I must convert my tears to prayers for other christians there that God will shelter them. Pls join us to pray.

2011/4/18 18:30Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: Burnt by fanatics

That is absolutely terrible, praying.

2011/4/18 19:02Profile

Re:

Father, please comfort and give strength to those affected by this tragedy, in Jesus name.

2011/4/18 19:22
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The beloved sister was burnt in their family house along wit her siblings.
Other brethren in parts of the muslim dominated North have been calling in and are telling of tensions around.

Oh brother, make Christ our dear saviour comfort and console. May His love be over this.

2011/4/18 19:23Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Grieved and praying as well.

2011/4/18 20:06Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Quote:
The beloved sister was burnt in their family house along wit her siblings. Other brethren in parts of the muslim dominated North have been calling in and are telling of tensions around.

Wanted this to be on top so more might see it and pray. So extremely grieving. We must take seriously prayer.

2011/4/18 20:14Profile

Re: Burnt by fanatics

Dear ChildofGrace, this is a horrid story and there's no words to express the tremendous horror and grief you must feel and that of the other brothers and sisters.
Earlier this afternoon on the BBC page this article below was the top story of the day and it gave a feeling of intense grief inside.
May GOD work a strength into your heart that you haven't expected through this dear ChildofGrace that you may minister strength to those you are in contact with. I pray His Mercy over them and you. We pray for peace to settle over your country somehow, but we trust HIM that His peace within is stronger than the gates of Hell itself.
We grieve with you all in this loss. You all are connected to us here by Him as our precious Family. We weep with those who weep.
GOD Strengthen you for other's sake. Amen!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13123280

You can tell us how accurate these reports are and Please keep us posted to how you & yours are doing there.
In His Mighty Love we stand strong.

2011/4/18 21:12
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Will pray...

2011/4/18 22:14Profile
mama27

Re:

Ohhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Praying....

2011/4/18 22:48Profile

Re:

Dear brother my heart aches and grieves. Will be praying.

2011/4/18 23:17

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy