SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Seventy Weeks of Daniel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
rorichts

Central Iowa

Re:

Quote:

It is of immense importance to note that the pronoun 'he' within the song they sang, “Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord”, is not a reference to Jesus or the Messiah as is commonly believed. It is a reference to the worshipper himself, the one who is coming to the temple to worship God. The phrase means that the one who comes to worship in the name of the Lord is the one who is blessed.

This teaching is not supported by the Scriptures.

When Jesus entered Jerusalem this is what the crowd proclaimed...

Mat 21:9 Then the multitudes who went before and those who followed cried out, saying: "Hosanna to the Son of David! 'Blessed [is] He who comes in the name of the LORD!' Hosanna in the highest!"

They identified 'He" with Jesus.

Jesus himself identifies whom "He" is by this declaration..

I believe you are both right
If we are in "Christ" we are His body and He is our Head then when we are led by Him we are blessed also.

2011/4/28 10:02Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:
I believe you are both right
If we are in "Christ" we are His body and He is our Head then when we are led by Him we are blessed also.

The interpretation given by Savannah was based on historical accounts of what people believed during the singing of the Psalms. But prophecy is not to be handled in this way. In the book of Peter we find this admonition....

2Pe 1:20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, [fn]
2Pe 1:21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God [fn] spoke [as they were] moved by the Holy Spirit.

So we are to look to those who were "moved by the Holy Spirit" those who recorded for us the Holy Scriptures. Prophecy is declared and confirmed in the Scriptures and not open to the private interpretations of men writing historical accounts. The Scriptures are our foundation our Rock, everything else in founded on shifting sand.

Christ has already identified for us in Scripture who the pronoun "he" is referring too in the Psalm.

as a side note, I do understand your point and it is true that we who thirst for righteousness will be blessed by the One who is greater....

2011/4/28 10:35Profile

Re: The Seventy Weeks of Daniel

Regarding 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord', I feel as if I'm the only person (in a number of threads), who 'sees' that when this was said of Jesus, He had been sent in the name of the Father (Jehovah - I checked), and, that He has sent US in HIS name, so NOW, when WE evangelise, it is WE who are coming 'in the name of the Lord'.

The person who accepts our message and is received Christ, can say 'Blessed is he who came [to me] in the name of the Lord' [with the gospel], and, NOW they themselves can 'see' the Lord with the eye of their spirit.

This is what happened to some of the Pharisees and priests who were saved in the era of the Acts of the apostles. They had seen Christ Jesus in the flesh. Now though faith, they had come to see Him by the Spirit.

Paul affirms this in 2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet NOW henceforth know we [him] no more.

Also (as in previous post) Hebrews 2:9 But we SEE Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

1 John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not:
whosoever sinneth hath not SEEN him, neither known him.

2011/4/28 20:33
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:
Regarding 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord', I feel as if I'm the only person (in a number of threads), who 'sees' that when this was said of Jesus, He had been sent in the name of the Father (Jehovah - I checked), and, that He has sent US in HIS name, so NOW, when WE evangelise, it is WE who are coming 'in the name of the Lord'.

Jesus is the One who was sent in the Father's name as you have stated above. And while it is true that others are blessed because Christ is working through us to bring light into this world, it is still Christ who is sent and not us. Listen to the prayer of Jesus to His Father...

Jhn 17:20 "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will [fn] believe in Me through their word;

Jhn 17:21 "that they all may be one, as You, Father, [are] in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.

Jhn 17:22 "And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:

Jhn 17:23 "I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.

Jhn 17:24 "Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.

Jhn 17:25 "O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me.

Jhn 17:26 "And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare [it], that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."

In verse 20 Jesus prays, "for those who will [fn] believe in Me through their word";. These are those will preach the good news to the world. Yet, Jesus does not transfer His "purpose" to those who will believe. In this prayer, the focus is on the fact that the believer, and the world would "know" the the Father sent Him. And that Jesus "declared to them Your name."

There is only One, who has in the full counsel of God, been given this office. It is Christ the Messiah.

2011/4/29 8:14Profile
Josef83

Sweden

Re:

For me all I have to ask myself is when is the book of revelation written?
To whom? and what the topic?
And when will this happen?

I belive in early date view because of many reasons.

1. Rev 11:1-4 do speak of a temple. When John saw his vision the temple was there.

2. Rev 17:9-12 the line of the kings.
One who now is...
John refered to someone who was then.

3.Rev 1:7 .. coming against thoose who pierced him..
that was the jews that pierced him.

4. Rev 1:3. what will shortly come to pass.
this is not 2000 years later !!.
why can I say that because in rev 22:10 it says do not seal this prophecy because the time is near. Compare it with dan 12:4. Seal this because the time is later.
Its not now it was 470 years later.
Compare also with Dan 8:26 Hide this because the time is later.
And that the book of revelation was the fullfillment of the 70th week of daniel.

So I am convinced that the book of revelation is not speaking about something happening 2000 years later.

2011/4/29 9:34Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:
3.Rev 1:7 .. coming against thoose who pierced him..
that was the jews that pierced him.

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they [also] which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

So you believe that Christ has already come again and all of mankind has wailed at His comming...

2011/4/29 10:27Profile

Re: The Seventy Weeks of Daniel

Quote:
it is still Christ who is sent and not us.

Hi Jeff :)

EDIT: I should have mentioned this earlier.

I do know what you're saying about Christ being the One who is coming, as that is part of the meaning of the name Jehovah - one who is coming, who is, and, who was - one God.

However, unless we obey the sending of God in our lives, many will not meet Him coming to them and for them. [end edit]

The verses from John 17 have more to do with believers (recognising Christ was sent from God) coming into unity with the Father and the Son. The purpose of evangelism is to bring people home to God. Thus, their changed relationship with Him and with one another, testifies to the world of His love.

Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His [Christ's] name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

John 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

John 17:18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

John 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

John 20:21 '... as [my] Father hath sent me, even so send I you.'

Acts 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said ... 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.

40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. 41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized:

Acts 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities. 4:1 And as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them, 2 being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead.

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel:...'

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

1 John 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son [to be] the Saviour of the world.

2011/4/29 11:25
Josef83

Sweden

Re:

Rookie.

not his second coming no.

but that in rev 1:7 refers to coming in judgement.
against thoose who pierced him.
revenage from the lamb that they killed him.

coming in clouds is an expression used in the old testament when God came to judge a nation.
Its not about the second coming of christ in this case.

2011/4/29 11:31Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:
The verses from John 17 have more to do with believers (recognising Christ was sent from God) coming into unity with the Father and the Son. The purpose of evangelism is to bring people home to God. Thus, their changed relationship with Him and with one another, testifies to the world of His love.

We also must come to that same realization. For Jesus in that prayer is praying for all future believers...

Jhn 17:20 "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will [fn] believe in Me through their word;

After which He maintains that these future believers would also recognize...

"that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me."

"and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me."

" and these have known that You sent Me."

And for what reason does Christ give for this belief that the Father has sent His Son...

"that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world."

This thought must be subject to Scripture. When Jesus declares that He is the He in...

Psa 118:26 Blessed [is] he who comes in the name of the LORD! We have blessed you from the house of the LORD

Luk 13:35 "See! Your house is left to you desolate; and assuredly, I say to you, you shall not see Me until [the time] comes when you say, 'Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD!' "

There can be no mixing of thoughts. Jesus is speaking prophetically of a time in the future. This Scripture is not for private interpretation.

2011/4/29 11:59Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:
not his second coming no.

but that in rev 1:7 refers to coming in judgement.
against thoose who pierced him.
revenage from the lamb that they killed him.

Did these in that generation say then...

Luk 13:35 "See! Your house is left to you desolate; and assuredly, I say to you, you shall not see Me until [the time] comes when you say, 'Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD!'

2011/4/29 12:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy