Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Deception

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
learjet

Great Deception

Brothers and Sisters,

A friend of mine is now engaged to be married and I noticed the guy that she is engaged to is a fan of Mark Driscoll and it's very troubling to me. Please pray for her.

It seems in these times here in the US that there is a huge lack of biblical knowledge, people don't read the Word anymore, instead they rely on their pastor, their brother (everyone but themselves) to do the work for them. The problem with this is 'when the blind lead the blind, they both end up in the ditch'.

Jesus said that 'My sheep know My voice and another voice they will not follow' how can we know the voice of the Lord if we do not do our due diligence and read the Word? Any voice that told us anything could be 'the lord' to us if we don't have a standard to hold that voice accountable to.

I don't have any agenda whatsoever in writing this but it makes me very sad, to the point of tears that many are being deceived. Many have died and been martyred to get us this Word, it is life to us, it is truly 'a lamp unto my feet' meaning IF I didn't have it I could not find my way through this darkness.

Brother Zac did a series on the end times and I wanted to share it with you here in case you have heard it (please forgive the link away from the site but it's directly to CFC and many of Zac's teachings, articles and books are available right here on this site):

http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/topical_bible_study.php#The_Last_Days_and_The_Lords_Coming

The second teaching on 'Great Deception' is excellent and speaks directly to the situation that we are in here in the US, please listen to the whole series and share the link on your Facebook accounts as well.

I'm reading the book of Jeremiah afresh now and it's amazing how much it parallels our current day.

Praise the Lord!

2011/4/16 11:24Profile
mama27

Re: Great Deception

I will try to pray for your friend as the Lord brings her to mind.....

I too am literally in tears at the state of things, as it is happening in my own family and among friends....a problem I have (which maybe should start another thread) is that in trying to sound the alarm to people, it causes division, and then you have a MUCH harder time showing love and "connecting" with them, so it is as if your witness is almost snuffed out because you are then perceived as condemning and judgmental. And this phenomenon has me more in tears than the first!!

2011/4/16 13:49Profile

Brother Earl said: "It seems in these times here in the US that there is a huge lack of biblical knowledge, people don't read the Word anymore, instead they rely on their pastor, their brother (everyone but themselves) to do the work for them. The problem with this is 'when the blind lead the blind, they both end up in the ditch'."

This is more true than one cares to think about.

I noticed this around 2004, when I got away from the Theological Discussion forums.
There was more quoting of men's words than GOD's.

We say that we have become "Gospel Hardened" but in fact, what I've noticed almost everywhere - we've become "Word of GOD hardened".

I remember some years back, on another forum - someone asked, "Why do we have to post so many Scriptures?"

I began to notice that if you just post the Word of GOD, that maybe 1-2% of the people would read the post, but if you posted an article - they'd read that.

If Jesus is the Word of GOD made flesh - what are we doing with The Word of GOD?

He said that if we're ashamed of Him, that He will be ashamed of us before the Father. If we deny Him - He'll deny us.

To deny His Word is to deny Him.

I've been thinking hard on how to post the Word in a way that doesn't immediately look like the Word. Maybe leaving off Book-Chpt-Verse and possibly just taking some "thees and thous" out and giving the Strong's definition on the words instead but then I thought - WHY should it have to come to that?

Sis Mama - if we think we have tears - Think of the Apostle Paul and what he went through. He wrote about his own tears a few times as well - but he pressed on against any and all opposition.

If we could ever get the Church back to just reading the Word - as if on a deserted island with nothing else and asking Him alone to speak through it - we can only imagine the affect it would have.

I couldn't help but notice that another website that posts audio sermons has this logo - "For faith cometh by hearing" - but THAT's the hearing of The WORD of GOD and not someone's interpretation of His Word. Actually, most of those may be an hour of someone adding all of his views and using maybe only 1 Scripture verse.
The Topic is put as the emphasis through someone's explantions rather than proving the topic with multiple Scripture quotations from the Entire word, with few words added.

The only way to prove a doctrine is by finding every verse from Genesis to the Revelation that pertains to that doctrine/topic - but that's no longer the case. His WORD is pushed aside for our ramblings and I'm beginning to see preaching or teaching as men just "adding to The Word of GOD and subtracting from it and making their own words equivalent to His Word in the minds of their listeners" and it's been grieving me more than I could ever express anymore.

Faith comes by hearing The WORD of GOD, Himself!

2011/4/16 15:37
mama27

Re:

JiG,

The very first time I heard Brother Keith Daniel preach was probably 15 years ago, and all he did was stand before thousands of people and quote the Sermon on the Mount.....by memory....and you could tell that it was not robotic - rather he was touching the very face of God as he spoke. Again, I am not lifting up the man, but the work that GOD has done in him....

2011/4/16 16:01Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

I'am ignorant of what Mark Driscoll is currently teaching? I listened to him a little 3 years ago and at that time I did not detect anything that could be considered heretical He was very hip, very curt, not very deep, but in general, appealing to a younger group in a morally dark area of the U.S.A. Other than questioning his interpretation on Song of Songs (which he shares in common with the vast majority of churches), I was not aware that he was off the page? He and Matt Chandler (Just spoke at the gospel coalition conference) are almost mirror images of doctrine I thought. Can y'all fill me in on what has happened?

2011/4/16 16:18Profile
mama27

Re:

Maybe someone more "in the know" than I will take on this discussion....I have no time right now. But his name equates to me to The Emergent Church movement....

2011/4/16 18:35Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

There is a thread here on SI that deals with this question:
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=34&topic_id=21833&viewmode=thread&order=1

This will get you started.

2011/4/16 19:51Profile

Re:

Hia Mama. I've never heard Keith Daniel, but have heard of him quite a bit here.

I'm sure it was spendid to hear what you heard.
I posted a similar experience on here last week of a young pastor who's whole message had to have been 90% scripture and just a few words between them for some clarity and how it about took the house down because it exalted The Word so much.

I'd like to hear what you heard.

Bless you!!

2011/4/16 22:34
mama27

Re:

JiG,

I couldn't find the Keith Daniel video here on SI, but you can google it and it comes up on YouTube.....it was incredible to see live. He also recently did one at the Revival Conference in Dallas last fall on Spiritual Warfare, and it was also almost totally Scripture....

Would have also liked to hear the young pastor you mention...

2011/4/17 0:39Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Hi all
there is some really powerful posts on this thread which touched my spirit. Many many preachers that i have had contact with in Australia in nearly every state, have been so poor in spirit when it comes to reading and understanding the word of God and when talking to them there words were only mimicks of other mens words instead of direct revelation of God. I went to a church last week where the whole sermon was on a video screen. our finishing line is just ahead. in saying this im feeling deeper and deeper pain towards those that are unsaved and hurting. I am so grateful for this site sermon index, it has helped me greatly in my walk due to interaction with people on this site and the recordings of true fathers of the faith. All for the Glory of our rightious Lord, saviour, Friend and king, Jesus Christ

2011/4/19 7:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy