SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Please pray for Kayla

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Joseph, I just know that GOD will Bless you and your family if you make every attempt to help them. To show self-less love as Jesus did for us.
Life is far too short for anything less than this.
He's quick to forgive, as we see with the prodigal son - but we all must mean business with Him - that's all He asks and then He can work out what we think is impossible.
As long as you know within yourself that you are being completely sincere before Him Who knows our every thought and the intents of our hearts, without our words anyway -- He'll do above and beyond whatever we ask or pray.
Believe Him for a whole New Life with your children's very best at the center of it. That will take a self-less man, I know - but it will be eternally rewarded.
No pleasures in this life are worth the eternal - for yourself and your family.
After a long time in the vices you've mentioned, it takes a true commitment to stand stubborn against these things. Please resist in earnest and know we surely will be keeping you in deep prayer and your family of course.
May He open your eyes to the spendor of Eternity.
Bless your steps back to Him and your attempts toward selfless love. Amen!

2011/4/20 2:03
Joseph2

Re: Vices learned from partners

There is some good in nearly everyone, and the Lord teaches us when we fall. Please don't get me wrong: I'm not advocating adultery! But having gone through two bad relationships I've come to understand why I had such problems with my wife. She would often parent with anger and empty words, instead of empathy and consequences. So I tried to illustrate or model the right methods. (Being foster parents, we took several parenting classes together. They were awesome! I've learned so much, and have really grown in my abilities to effectively love and guide my children.) When I tried to correct her, she would take offense. So I decided to look ther way to keep the peace. This threw me off my game and I began to do the things she was doing!!! If your not moving forward, then you're moving backwards! It's SO frustrating to be with someone who uses every excuse so they don't have to try and improve. Who continues to neglect and hurt those she's halfheartedly trying to look after. Someone who knows she needs help, but would rather spend her off hours playing games on a computer than getting down on her knees and earnestly seeking the help that she needs to overcome her shortcomings. I didn't realize it at the time, but foster parenting and the adoption of troubled kids was beyond her ability to effectively manage. I was beginning a career as a white collar office worker, and would come home totally drained, only to find out that my workday was just begining. I always had numerous relational "fires" to be put out. I eventually began to take the long way home, unwinding before I entered the chaos of what used to be a really comfortable house to come home to.

2011/4/20 2:16Profile
Joseph2

Re: Prayer for my family

Thank you for listening and praying for my family!!! We've got a LOT to overcome. This week has been INCREDIBLE for me! Every morning I am awakened before the alarm goes off. I spend this time on my knees, seeking the Lords' presence. What loving acceptance this brings! What joy! What deep abiding peace. I've had much victory at work: patience with things that used to frustrate, joy in serving others, more ability to juggle and manage various tasks. A very clear mind to prioritize tasks, and the joy of accomplishment to help me stay productive. The sincere concern for others that let's me stay on task and gives me the eagerness to go the extra mile for those who need me. Big or small, each task is a treat, each challenge a thing to grasp, understand, and carry out, so that others might be better off. The heartfelt requests that I send out to the Lord in the early hours each morning have reaped very rich rewards in my motives and actions throughout the day! I am longing to pass on a wonderful legacy to Kayla and Tessa. But I can't do it in my own strength. Believe me, I've certainly tried! So I'm doing all that I can to stay close to our Big Brother, the Good Shepherd, who delights in instructing sinners in The Way. There really is victory in Jesus. The love that compelled to suffer in the hands of the cruelest of men also compells us each day to draw near for forgiveness, comfort, reassurance, guidance, hope! There is SO much power to overcome in our trials when we abound in the joy and love that close fellowship with Him brings into our hearts!!! Truly!!! I'd better go now: need to get some rest: I'm going to have lunch with Tess, my wonderful 13 year old, tomorrow (Kayla is at outdoor school this week). This past weekend Tessa said "I will never give up on God. He's been so wonderful to me!" She also showed me the two pages that she's written of her life story. They chiefly consisted of 1 Corinthians 13, and John 3:16. She was very eager to share the major influence in her life! Sadly, I have been Kaylas inspiration. I'm hoping that in due time, that too will be a wondrous thing!!!

2011/4/20 2:48Profile
Joseph2

Re: Thanks!!!

Thank you SO much for encouraging me and for praying for me. May the Lord richly bless you! The plans He has for those who make it a habit of continually seeking Him are wonderful indeed!!! Shalom, my dear friend.

2011/4/20 2:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy