SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : A General Letter for Saints to Consider the Foundation of a True Corporate Fellowship

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bakary

GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA

A General Letter for Saints to Consider the Foundation of a True Corporate Fellowship

A General Letter for Saints to Consider the Foundation of a True Corporate Fellowship

“But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.” (Galatians 2v 11-13 ).
“And Jesus, which is called Justus, who are of the circumcision. These only [are my] fellowworkers unto the kingdom of God, which have been a comfort unto me.” (Colossians 4v11).
“But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.” (1corinthians 5v 11).
The above scriptures in the measure of the Light of Christ I have, reveals to me, that there are differences which we can allow in our fellowship with other believers, while there are others we must never allowed. One type of it is a wrong doctrinal concept in the head while the other is a wrong practical behavior through the Lust of the flesh.
The quotation in Galatians above partly reveals our responsibility in correcting our brothers and sisters in Christ who may be doctrinal wrong in there concept of certain gospel truth, while the one in Colossians reveals the need of our willingness to allow the fellowship of those brothers or sisters in Christ, who might be doctrinally wrong about certain Gospel truth.
This does not mean we should take it lightly when our brothers or sisters in Christ are gone wrong doctrinally. In reality every false gospel concept can lead to a walk in the lust of flesh, but until then we have no right to separate them from our fellowship. These was what Paul was doing he boldly preach against the doctrine of Circumcision as part of the salvation in Christ but in the quoted scripture in Colossian above we found him in fellowship with these brethren though they were doctrinally wrong in some arrears. Fellowship does not mean we should not correct or rebuke each others but to separate a believer from any fellowship base on some petty doctrinal difference is not right. It is the fornicator, covetous, idolater, railer , drunkard or an extortioner who claims to be a brother or sister in Christ that we must cast away from our fellowship.
We should also not forget that, there is a possibility of being wrong about a certain Gospel truth while daily walking in the spirit in holiness and righteousness; while I might have all the correct doctrines in the head while walking in the lust of the Flesh. This is why the work of the Gospel cannot be done by our natural wisdom and understanding; we must daily wait on the master to send us to weed out the tares from the wheat. Very complex for human wisdom, we must judge not by the flesh or by our natural wisdom but we must wait in patience for the Lord to Judge the Hidden works of darkness in HIS own time.
“ Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.” (1corinthians 4v1-5). I feel to add the words below the spirit of the Lord gave me some time ago concerning Judging.
“You that desired truth and pure divine LIFE, fret not yourselves because of those that oppose the TRUTH, out of a good motive but without the spirit. Nothing is in us to defend HIS truth, Except HE DEFEND IT IN US. HE must DO the t work in all, for HE IS THE JUDGE OF ALL. Those that will call us MINISTERS OF SATAN change or reduce nothing IN US. Is not He that approved himself that is accepted by God but the one HE APPROVED. The apostles persuade the believers to show themselves approved unto God, not man. Keep walking in the LIGHT you receive from HIM in your daily activities. This is your foundation, and only in this way you will ever be establish IN HIM. All of us are blind to the Heavenly world and laws until HE reveals us a little by little through HIS SPIRIT. About those that misunderstand us and oppose us, HE will give us words to give them from time to time, but until then, lets us leave the Tares and the wheat to grow together. The LORD of the Harvest knows how to deal with the situation at the right time.

Those that think they can defend the faith through carnal and natural intelligence are the most miserable and will be found denying the Very LORD they are trying to defend, if it is not in the Spirit, and the spirit leading. It is good to know, when to speak and when to be quite, when to weed out the tares and when to leave all to grow together. It should be the LORD works not our intellect, our emotion or zeal but that which truly comes from HIM. It will be amazing at the Judgment seat when many who try to kill, correct, and judge carnally all in the name of defending the very TRUTH they claim to defend are found to be out of the way of TRUTH and fighting against it, for they use not the right tool, In building HIS CHURCH which is only and can only be establish IN THE SPIRIT. Friends spiritual things are spiritual and can only be build by the SPIRIT. LET THE SPIRIT BE OUR JUDGE AND GUIDE IN ALL THINGS. If we judge ourselves we will not be condemn with the world” Amen.

2011/4/14 12:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy