SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : New book by John Bunyan

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mama27

New book by John Bunyan

For those who have loved John Bunyan's classic, "Pilgrim's Progress", I just wanted to share that Don Kistler of Northampton Press is close to re-publishing another of Bunyan's books, "Sighs from Hell"....

You can preview the first chapter here:

http://www.northamptonpress.org/sample_chapters/sighs_from_hell_chap1.pdf

2011/4/6 11:25Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: New book by John Bunyan

I am a huge John Bunyan fan and love his work, infact I am currently reading Grace Abounding. If you haven't already I would highly suggest downloading E-Sword and the Step-Library if you are a Bunyan fan the Step-library contains 100 Classics from the 1500-1900 Bunyan I believe has 4 to 6 books in the Library. I have read a "A Few Sighs from Hell" and its a very convicting and awesome book. I also highly recommend Bunyans Allegory The Holy War, or the Losing and Taking of the Town of Mansoul(I think is its original name)

http://www.e-sword.net/

Once you have E-Sword downloaded click on the Download tab and go to STEP-Reader Library. Once you have the Library downloaded go to I believe tools> Step-Reader, then a new window will open then go to File> Open> (where ever you saved the step reader file)> to the file that has a Cog wheel next to it. I went into detail on opening it because I have been asked before by others and so I thought it would be a helpful if anyone else had/has trouble.

2011/4/8 8:41Profile
mama27

Re:

Great recommendation! My kids used to listen to The Holy War on audio tape growing up :) Somehow our culture seems so much harder to live in today, but I am guessing that it really isn't. For our problems aren't really the culture, as it seems, but our own human hearts....

2011/4/8 9:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy