SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Praising Jesus for that 39 page KJV thread

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Praising Jesus for that 39 page KJV thread

Within the depths of that long thread I discovered a wonderful thing concerning the 'thee/thou' and 'you/ye' used in the KJV. Being that ye means all of us and you was directed directly to whom was spoken to.

Today we were reading Revelations and in

Quote:
Rev. 2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; . . . . and "ye" shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. 11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

I said to my husband how empowering that would be to hear should one be imprisoned for the Word. Then I noticed it said 'ye!' Praise Jesus, he was speaking to me and you.

The time is coming, get ready. . . Store your treasures in Heaven not on earth.

Neil, no problem, all is good.

Love to all,
white stone

2011/4/1 14:06Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re: Praising Jesus for that 39 page KJV thread

Amen

2011/4/1 14:14Profile

Re:

Dear WS and all,

I believe we are living in the age of the Diminishing of the Absolute.

When I was saved in the 70s, it was glorious. I took one step of faith and found myself in a dimension that I never knew existed. Old things passed away... I was a new creation in Christ. And it was always only one step away from me. The "Word is nigh thee".

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

I never knew anything about Christianity or God's Word, but when I believed in my early 20s, I entered the Promise Land. And I was taught by the Lord that His Word is perfect. Not the ancient manuscripts, but the Word I held in my hand and read everyday. His Word to my heart.

I had never known about the KJV controversy until my 30th year in the Lord. To be specific, I never concerned myself with it. I always read and loved the KJV. I was given a Scofield Bible when I first got saved and chucked it a few years later because of all of his "notes" and got myself another KJV. I also had an NIV, NASB, LB and Amplified.

Someone sent me Gail Riplinger's book, New Age Bible Versions, and after reading it, the veil was pulled back and I realized what the controversy that I stayed away from was all about. Imperfect as Gail is (and we all are) she sounded a clarion call and red alert about something that was taking place that many of us knew nothing about.

I was astounded. I guess I always just trusted too many voices way too much. Anyway, I won't get into that because the KJV thread that WS talks about covers the bases.

But, just wanted to say, that when I found out the importance of YE and Thee, I fell in love with the God's Word in the KJV all over again. I realized then, how very special the KJV was. It is unlike any other. To be sure, my love is for the Lord and I am not a word idolater, a phrase that some have coined. I can understand why.

But, just wanted to share that for the bulk of my walk with the Lord, I was pretty much oblivious to this heated subject. New Age Bible Versions was was the first one I read and since then have done a lot of research and a lot of reading.

This is a little of my testimony on this subject, and it is not meant to turn into another debate. You can't really debate a testimony and you are more than free to disagree with my opinion.

Bless you all,

P.S. The Diminishing of the Absolute is happening on many different levels in Christendom, not just with God's Word.

2011/4/1 16:25
wayneman

Michigan

Re: Praising Jesus for that 39 page KJV thread

It may be that this word was addressed to Polycarp, bishop of Smyrna, who was martyred many years later, in 155 AD, at the age of 86. If the conventional dating for the Book of Revelation is correct, he would have been around 30 at the time it was written.

2011/4/1 22:17Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Hello wayneman,

The use of the word 'ye' is on purpose, to direct the meaning to ALL Saints. If it was for only one man in particular, the word 'you' would have been used. This was gleaned in the 39+ page KJV thread.

white stone

2011/4/1 23:03Profile

Re:

Here you go, Wayneman. This will help.
http://www.sovereignword.org/index.php/will-kinneys-king-james-bible-defense-articles/145-why-qthouq-and-qyeq-are-more-accurate-and-should-be-retained

2011/4/1 23:33
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Hello wayneman and anonymous777,

Here is the particular post that brought the 'ye/you' and 'thee/thou' translations to my eye.

anonymous777, I find the link you left here, to be easier to understand. The one you just left kept referring to an AV, which I don't know what he was speaking of. Hope you don't mind my adding this for clarification.

from page 24 of the KJV thread

Quote:
. . . . appreciate what the KJV translators did. Many people don't understand why the Ye's and Thous and have just been told they are archaic and have no meaning. Read more about it here. http://www.sovereignword.org/index.php/will-kinneys-king-james-bible-defense-articles/145-why-qthouq-and-qyeq-are-more-accurate-and-should-be-retained Most languages have a singular and a plural form of the second person - the person being spoken to - "you". There is the singular "you" and then there is the plural, like "you all". This is found in the Hebrew and Greek languages as well as Spanish, French, Italian and many other world languages. In English this distinction is expressed by "Thou" meaning "you singular, and you alone" and "Ye" meaning "all of you, plural". This distinction makes a big difference in hundreds of passages in the Bible. For instance, in Luke 22:31-32 the Lord says to Peter: "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have YOU, that he may sift YOU as wheat: But I have prayed for THEE, that THY faith fail not: and when THOU art converted, strengthen THY brethren." Here the word YOU is plural in both the Greek and the English, meaning Satan was going to sift all of the disciples, "you all"; but Jesus is letting Peter know that He had prayed for him (thee) specifically as an individual. In John chapter four, the Samaritan woman at the well is speaking to Jesus and says: "Sir, I perceive that THOU art a prophet. Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and YE say (all you Jews) that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship." Then the Lord says to this individual: "Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when YE shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. YE worship YE know not what: we know what we worship; for salvation is of the Jews." Here the YE means "all of you who are Samaritans", not just the individual woman to whom He was speaking.

Kind regards,
white stone

2011/4/2 0:48Profile

Re:

Don't mind at all, WS. I just matched the links.

2011/4/2 6:05

Re:

Whitestone

Remember Ye is just a plural form of address, you must also read it in context. The message was given to the Smyrna church. The "Ye" of

Do not fear what Ye are about to suffer Rev 2:10

makes clear that although the message was addressed to "the angel of the church in Smyrna" Rev 2:8 (a singular person), the message applies to the (the plural persons) of the Smyrna church.

2011/4/2 6:38

Re:

Correct me if I am wrong, WS, but isn't what Andie says, your point, also?

2011/4/2 6:51

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy