SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : End times insanity

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:
Deadn, I think you, like most folks, got burnt out on these websites that are either the "reactionary" types (like that news site I posted) or those with Lots of "prophesies, dreams, etc" with tons of folks posting things that were in the News months or years ago. :)

Yes yes yes, there is also a on post on here that is another reason why I shy away from 'end times' stuff because of the tone of the post. You can figure that one out for yourself.
I actually got burned out from seeing so much of it on tv and always having that hope that something was right around the corner but never quite appeared. Now that I do see some stuff online I roll my eyes.

THis stuff also carries and atittude complex with it, sort of like Paul Revere riding through town shouting 'give me liberty or give me death' type of thing.

One thing I would like to point out with this thread is those who are passionate about end times, is the message causing christians to become a circus act as a result or are they getting into the prayer closet more? It really does pain me to see too much attitude in end times stuff. Does this make any sense?

I liken some end times message to that of Westboro church in attitude. Does that make any sense?

2011/4/8 15:44Profile
cryinthenite

Re: End times insanity

DEADn,I think you are on to something.The body of Christ should not get cought up in forchen telling.
Sorry if that bothers people but its just how I see all the craziness.If thats not what it is then why all the fear and division?

Truth is the spirit of prophecy rev. 19:10 but the Lords thruh is ALLWAYS full of grace Jh 1:14.

2011/4/8 21:52Profile

Re:

We are in the days just prior to the return of Christ, period! Expect Him to return each day, so that when you wake up each morning you say, "Maybe today Lord"

The problem with that however is that when that information is in the hands of the blind it is akin to a gun in the hands of a blind man. He hears a sound and shoots off in any direction not knowing what he may hit. This causes him to be afraid of that which he cannot see, but has only heard about, so he keeps shooting in the hopes he might hit something. Others just holster their pistol either because they ran out of ammo, or have determined it is futile to aim at something they cannot see, when in reality all they need is a little eye salve...

When you live like Christ can return at any moment, it causes you to live differently. It gives you stronger hopes, and desires to live in a different fashion. It causes you to look for/to/at Christ, which is the way a Christian is to live.

Looking at it any other way causes you to look for something else, whether it be persecution, tribulation, Antichrist, or whatever. All these things take your eyes off the prize, and that prize is Christ. The blessed hope is that He truly can return at any moment.

There are things in the Bible that have lead each generation to have an imminent expectation of the Lord's return thereby causing each to fix their eyes on higher things, yet no generation has had these things set before them so fully as the present one. It is that which is to magnify the blessed hope for each one of us.

This is one of the small blessings of living in such an apostate time, though the lows are historically low, yet they are compensated by the possibility of such a high blessed hope, which hope is not meant to confuse or dismay, but to bring joy. To throw out the blessed hope because one cannot see it, throws out the blessing that comes with it.

OJ

2011/4/9 11:32
staff

Re:

Hi Deadn,
I think all of the scriptures are in the bible to be studied including end times passages,to exclude them would mean we are not studying or teaching the full gospel.
The topic of Revival is in a far worse condition than end times,far far worse and it does look like a circus.The devil is having a field day with false revival.
If we are to be even handed we should stop preaching,teaching,discussing etc revival which would mean sermonindex would have to change its mission statement.
The ministries that are in error regarding revival are the same type of ministry that will be in error over eschatology and other things.Their is no doubt that end times has become popular and some people have jumped on the bandwagon as to feather their own nests.
The reason it has become popular is due to God not man because we are at the time of the end and god has highlighted that through legitimate teachers.
The bride will make herself ready but has we know we cannot do anything without God,so in effect god will make the bride ready.
Deadn,You have a simple choice whether to throw the bathwater out on its own or with the baby in it,unfortunately where you have the wheat their are also tares,
Yours Staff

2011/4/9 18:06Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:
DEADn,I think you are on to something.The body of Christ should not get cought up in forchen telling. all the fear and division?

Truth is the spirit of prophecy rev. 19:10 but the Lords thruh is ALLWAYS full of grace Jh 1:14.

I know for me to get into bible prophecy I want to see things happening that relates to it where it is tangible. Otherwise I think we end up some some false hopes in there somewhere and I do believe it does some damage to christian testimony.

I see alot of Book of Daniel stuff and Book of Revelation but alot of it leads to dead end roads and a person is left thinking, what next?

2011/4/10 15:59Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:
Hi Deadn,
I think all of the scriptures are in the bible to be studied including end times passages,to exclude them would mean we are not studying or teaching the full gospel.
The topic of Revival is in a far worse condition than end times,far far worse and it does look like a circus.The devil is having a field day with false revival.
If we are to be even handed we should stop preaching,teaching,discussing etc revival which would mean sermonindex would have to change its mission statement.
The ministries that are in error regarding revival are the same type of ministry that will be in error over eschatology and other things.Their is no doubt that end times has become popular and some people have jumped on the bandwagon as to feather their own nests.
The reason it has become popular is due to God not man because we are at the time of the end and god has highlighted that through legitimate teachers.
The bride will make herself ready but has we know we cannot do anything without God,so in effect god will make the bride ready.
Deadn,You have a simple choice whether to throw the bathwater out on its own or with the baby in it,unfortunately where you have the wheat their are also tares,
Yours Staff

Such hard thing to deal with as well, that last sentence. I just want to choose to keep it a bit simple, stick with the gospel, with prayer, and sort of let end times stuff take care of itself. I will hear it and if something comes my way that really peeks my interest to pursue it I will go that way and find more of it.This is what I do when I purse this life in the Spirit of God anyway.

2011/4/10 16:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy