SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Is The New Testament Forged?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Is The New Testament Forged?

A new book by a major New Testament scholar is sure to make mincemeat of many people's faith. Needlessly.

The scholar is the iconoclastic Dr. Bart Ehrman, who teaches religion at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.

The book is called Forged: Why the Bible’s Authors Are Not Who We Think They Are. Ehrman said on a radio broadcast that about 75 percent of the New Testament documents are supposedly forged. They’re frauds.

Dr. Sam Lamerson is a conservative New Testament scholar who teaches at Knox Seminary in Ft. Lauderdale. (By way of full disclosure, I earned a theology degree there). He heard Ehrman on a radio broadcast say words to this effect: “I want to be the scholar that uses the F-word about the Bible. I want people to know that these books were forged.” ...

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/is-the-new-testament-forged-49605/

2011/3/29 8:50Profile

Re: Is The New Testament Forged?

An endictment on modern seminaries and Bible colleges. There are many, many more that have slid into Apostasy. When men live between their ears, rather than in the Spirit, they compare themselves to one another, and critisize all who do not THINK like themselves, and call it the gospel.

Sad really. I thinks he wants to earn a million dollars while the gettin' is good. Turned pagan, if you asked me.

Remember Diotrophes.

2011/3/29 10:15
Theophila

May the Lord have mercy upon his lying soul.
May he realize the gravity of his words and repent.
May the same Lord have mercy upon us all that we may see reality as He sees it. Amen

2011/3/29 10:44Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Dan Brown mark 2

2011/3/29 10:47Profile
ArtB

New York

Dr. Ehrman is wrong.

Only a portion of the Mosaic Covenant was forged, by God, on Stone Tablets, on Mt. Sinai, which is in Arabia, near Midian where Moses lived for forty years.

The entire New Testament was written on paper.

Why ever mention Dr. Erhman, the man is deluded. There are plenty like him in our world. They say shocking things to elevate themselves and gain attention.

Pray for him.

2011/3/29 10:53Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Quote:
A new book by a major New Testament scholar is sure to make mincemeat of many people's faith. Needlessly.

Speaking from personal experience here. These people cannot make mincemeat of genuine faith. They can only make mincemeat of goatish faith. The things that Bart Ehrman is saying are nothing new. If a persons "faith" is really only intellectual assent, well, that "faith" needs to be challenged and sifted.

From a very practical point of view, shepherds and teachers will NOT be able to protect people from exposure to this kind of stuff. It is simply impossible. Unless you keep Jesus sheep in a rubber sound-proof pen.

In my opinion, after having been subjected to severe intellectual doubts about Christianity, I would rather have my faith shaken and sifted in the here and now by men, than have it tried by fire from God.

That is not to say I like, condone, or even appreciate what Ehrman is saying. No more than a child enjoys or appreciates being shoved through a birth canal. I would just not get as worried about his ilk as this article wants us to be. These kind of men have been around for centuries and the Good Ship Salvation still has billows in her sails. If Jesus is the Author AND Finisher of our faith, there is nothing to be concerned about.

2011/3/29 11:13Profile

Re: Forged New Testanent???

If the New Testament is forged then the persecuted church is not aware of it. For heaven sakes let us not tell them as this is what sustains them. I would suggest the gentleman volunteer to take forged New Testaments to China and see how the Chineese believers love that forged book.

2011/3/29 12:37
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

Satan on the prowl again, in the name of religion.

2011/3/29 13:03Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Quote:

Dan Brown mark 2

...or the "Jesus Seminar" part 2.

2011/3/29 13:55Profile

Re:

Satan is the greatest Textual Criticist and Scholar devoid of the Spirit of God.

2011/3/29 14:14

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy