SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : VALUE VOTERS: VISITING or VIGILANT ???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
RabbiEukel

Southwest Missouri

Jewishy Roots

Shalom ... although "Valued Voters: Visiting or Vigilant?" is a critically important forum discussion in making disciples, I am going to suspend my remarks here for a time and concentrate on the "Jewish Roots" forum. I appreciate the stimulation that three forum areas were providing for me (Israel Intercession Injunction, Revival Rivers Rising, and Valued Voters: Visiting or Vigilant). However, recognize our congregations focus has been and will continue to be a strict, straight and strong advocacy for helping the wider Believing community to recognize, reflect and rejoice in the rich redemptive roots of their faith. So join me, and others in the "Jewish Roots" forum. Baruch haba B'Shem ADONAI. Blessed is he who comes in The Name of The LORD. Love and Prayers, Rabbi Eukel

2004/11/24 10:46Profile
RabbiEukel

Southwest Missouri

Jewish Roots - Not "Jewishy" A typo

Ooops

2004/11/24 10:47Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: Valued Voters: Visiting or Vigilant?

RabbiEukel,

I do agree that the nations of Islam are present in this war torn period of history. But look more closely to these particular verses:

In the time that Daniel speaks to, the king of the North will make a coveanant with Israel for a period of time. He will preach peace.

vs 21, "And in his place shall arise a vile person, to whom they will not give honor of royalty; but he [b]shall come peaceably, and seize the kingdom by intrique."[/b]

This king will do things that seem good in the ways of this world. He will overthrow the economic system that has been in place. He will overthrow the power of the Harlot.

24 He shall enter peaceably, even into the richest places of the province; and he shall do what his fathers have not done, nor his forefathers: he shall disperse among them the plunder, spoil, and riches; and he shall devise his plans against the strongholds, but only for a time.

But then he will turn against God's holy people.

28 While returning to his land with great riches, his heart shall be moved against the holy covenant; so he shall do damage and return to his own land"

30 For ships from Cyprus shall come against him; therefore he shall be grieved, and return in rage against the holy covenant, and do damage.

“So he shall return and show regard for those who forsake the holy covenant. 31 And forces shall be mustered by him, and they shall defile the sanctuary fortress; then they shall take away the daily sacrifices, and place there the abomination of desolation. 32 Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits. 33 And those of the people who understand shall instruct many; yet for many days they shall fall by sword and flame, by captivity and plundering. 34 Now when they fall, they shall be aided with a little help; but many shall join with them by intrigue. 35 And some of those of understanding shall fall, to refine them, purify them, and make them white, until the time of the end; because it is still for the appointed time.

This king of the north will go against God's people Israel. He will show regard for those who forsake the Holy Covenanted people. This will be a time of refining God's people. This speaks again of time long past when a remnant was saved through fire, sword, and pestilence. Remember the days that Jeremiah and Ezekiel spoke of. Remember the few who went into captivity. Remember those who were dispersed among the nations. And then remember the grace of God's covenant with His people Israel as He brought them back to their land.

Listen to this judgement on His people in the times to come.

Dan. 12:7 Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished.

You see Israel in the times to come will once more be a shattered people. And then the Messiah will come.

So I see that there will come a time when many will be deceived by a king who seeks to establish and maintain peace in Canaan. According to Scripture, there will be a time that a covenant is made, that will be a dreadful time.

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”

So if this is God's will, what nation can prevent God's refining of Israel once more?

In Christ
Jeff

2004/11/24 11:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy