SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : VALUE VOTERS: VISITING or VIGILANT ???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I expect to add another facet in disciple-making through the thread, "MESSIAH's MESSAGES in the MOEDIM."

I would rather you participate in existing threads and learn how this community interacts and discusses things before superimposing all what you would like to share. I think that is fair.

2004/11/22 15:51Profile
RabbiEukel

Southwest Missouri

Valued Voters: Visiting or Vigilant?

Shalom ...
I appreciate the prayers of those who read my last posting under this thread and hear the injunction to pray from RUACH HaKODESH. In the immediacy of the moment I did not have the time to post that invitation to pray with me under the more appropriate thread for prayer. I trust that Greg and Moderators will extend grace in that commission.
However, even the point above serves as an illustration for the response I had begun in answering the "quality question" posed, "what I want to accomplish through this discussion?"
Every thread grows (some more healthy than others). Conversational threads are not linear, that is moving in logical sequence. Initial conversational threads may in fact spawn additional threads - depending on the seasoning and backgrounds of those guiding sermonindex, those "spawns" may or may not be viewed favorably. Perhaps Greg at times feels like he is an electronic pastor overseeing a vast electronic congregation. Just a thought here.
Having prefaced, again, my response to the "quality question" let me say simply: I want to encourage others (I suppose it would true to say the 'others' here is United States of America citizens, since I do not have as intimate knowledge of the culture war values ragin in other nations) who are now termed "Value Voters" to be inspired, informed and instructed through the invitation of this thread to remain vigilant in the culture war in America. As one of the members of the sermonindex community commented earlier, just because the Presidential election is over, Believers need to stay in the battle. (Jeremy, as you can tell that is not a direct quote, but trust I recaptured your quick understanding that is deeply appreciated). This is not about partisan politics, but is about the Believer recognizing, reflecting and rejoicing inthe GOD-given opportunities to make-disciples through the participation of America's unique republic form of goverance.
Love and Prayers, Rabbi Eukel

2004/11/23 8:35Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Valued Voters: Visiting or Vigilant?

Quote:
Every thread grows (some more healthy than others). Conversational threads are not linear, that is moving in logical sequence. Initial conversational threads may in fact spawn additional threads - depending on the seasoning and backgrounds of those guiding sermonindex, those "spawns" may or may not be viewed favorably. Perhaps Greg at times feels like he is an electronic pastor overseeing a vast electronic congregation. Just a thought here.

As I have stated before when you are NEW to a community its best to introduce yourself and then listen and watch how the community interacts and discusses things and what topics. It would be better for you to get involved in some already existing discussions before starting your own threads with your own agenda. I am sorry but I am trying to speak as plainly as possible here.. sorry I cant even say ra... it seems wrong under the circumstance that you are in the new covenant. And all those hebraic words are fine to use in a jewish setting but for the plain person that speaks english it makes no sense so either give an interpration for each one or don't use them.

2004/11/23 9:29Profile
KeithLaMothe

Re:

I appreciate the transliterated Hebrew, at least for the beauty of many of the words, and more so for the increased insight often gained from knowledge of the original language (I'm in my 3rd semester of Biblical Hebrew, so I can typically follow along even though I know very little).

In any case I think the more significant difficulty I have with understanding your point, Dr. Eukel, is that you don't seem to have quite articulated it yet.

When you mention that values (or valued, as you say) voters should not merely visit during the elections but remain vigilant between them, I assume you mean (at least partly) that we should remain active in politics at all times in terms of "keeping our ears to the ground" for news of relevant political developments (new legislation up for vote, etc) and committing appropriate amounts of time and resources to fighting the political battles surrounding those developments. If that was your point, simply saying "stay active in politics between elections" would have sufficed.

As for your postings about the injunction to intercede for Israel, I presume you're reminding that we should pray for peace in Jerusalem and for the modern-day descendants of Jacob (though I wonder what percentage of the present Israelis are truly "Israelites" in that sense), and perhaps carrying it further saying we should also commit money and time (beyond prayer time) and such to the cause of preserving the modern Israeli nation state and helping them achieve greater security (which would include victory in a number of current and possibly future military conflicts). And, of course, this would be combined with the above in that we should (at least according to you) be vigilant about any political developments regarding our nation's involvement with Israel. I'm not sure I've quite got your point right here, though.

I haven't gone through all your posts, but have I understood what you're advocating?

2004/11/23 15:50Profile
Rahman

Re:

That's about what i get to brother Keith ... nice summary!

2004/11/23 16:02Profile
RabbiEukel

Southwest Missouri

Shalom, Keith ... Thank you for the opportunity to clarify simply.
1. Intentionally I used the word "valued" instead of the media-made label "values." My point? Voters who vote "values" are "valued"!
2. Valued voters voting "values" historically "visit" during a Presidential election cyle and are MIA- missing in action during the off years. Recognizing that historical fact is my simple point here. It sets up point three.
3. Valued voters voting "values" who do not visit but remain "vigilant" are the Valued Voters were want to encourage, mobilize, instruct, inspire, inform and invite.
Strategic alliances locally to pray, stay informed and move into action is sufficient for most Valued Voters. Some will sense GOD's Spirit to prompt them to take on increased activity and leadership.
The Ten Commandments Command Center is one national grassroots organization which may come along side of Valued Voters to focus their energy and have a clear objective that is measurable and attainable. Success breeds success. Furthermore it is a national grassroots organization that is intentional about disciple-making.
There you have it Keith. Thanks.
Love and Prayers,
Rabbi Eukel
I admit the "V" aliteration becomes overwhelming, but it does capture attention.

2004/11/23 16:11Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

I live within walking distance of Harry S. Truman's home and presidentian library here in Independence, MO. One of the things that always goes through my mind is that he was the first world leader to recognize Israel as a sovereign nation. In those days even the Russian's supported a Jewish State. I have to agree with Leonard Ravinhill when he said that if America ceases to support Israel you can dig America's grave.

Most people I talk to believe America should support Israel, but we are here in the 'Bible Belt' and people consider the Jews "God's Chosen People" in spite of the fact that most have rejected Christ. This does not mean they are 'saved', it means they are set apart to Him in a way that is unique. Not that everything they do is legit or God honoring; for they, as a nation, have rejected their Messiah in the midst of becoming a nation. There is and will always be a 'remnant.' the God that knows the end from the beginning wrote: this is the covenant that I will make with the House of Israel after those days saith the Lord..." (Hebrews 10:16) They are plagued right now with locusts in the Negev (southern Israel). So what is going on here?

God is not through with Israel. Recall that Jesus promised the Twelve that they would judge the twelve tribes of Israel (Matthew 19:28). In Moses' time, there were twelve, each set over the tribe to which he belonged (See Numbers 1:44 'leaders' from their father's house). The 12 disciples could not belong to twelve separate tribes either, as Peter and Andrew and James and John were brethren. The listing in Revelation 7 does not exactly correspond to the traditional 12 Tribes. Yet, for all that, the 12 Tribes are mentioned even in the end of the book (Revelation 21:12). No matter whether you take a futurist, partial preterist, or preterist view of the Book of the Revelation, Chapter 21 is a future event.

2004/11/23 16:30Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: Valued Voters: Visiting or Vigilant?

RabbiEukel wrote:

Quote:
The Ten Commandments Command Center is one national grassroots organization which may come along side of Valued Voters to focus their energy and have a clear objective that is measurable and attainable.

Are you a consultant for either of these organizations? If so, would you please identify the financial sources behind this "grassroots organization."?

In Christ
Jeff

2004/11/23 17:17Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Br. Robert,

I agree with you that there still remains a special covenant between His people Israel and Himself. Yet I do not agree with your statement:

Quote:
I have to agree with Leonard Ravinhill when he said that if America ceases to support Israel you can dig America's grave.

There will come a time when most will be deceived. Listen to a Scriptural account of this time.

Dan. 11:20 “There shall arise in his place one who imposes taxes on the glorious kingdom; but within a few days he shall be destroyed, but not in anger or in battle. 21 And in his place shall arise a vile person, to whom they will not give the honor of royalty; but he shall come in peaceably, and seize the kingdom by intrigue. 22 With the force of a flood they shall be swept away from before him and be broken, and also the prince of the covenant. 23 And after the league is made with him he shall act deceitfully, for he shall come up and become strong with a small number of people. 24 He shall enter peaceably, even into the richest places of the province; and he shall do what his fathers have not done, nor his forefathers: he shall disperse among them the plunder, spoil, and riches; and he shall devise his plans against the strongholds, but only for a time.

Dan. 11:25 “He shall stir up his power and his courage against the king of the South with a great army. And the king of the South shall be stirred up to battle with a very great and mighty army; but he shall not stand, for they shall devise plans against him. 26 Yes, those who eat of the portion of his delicacies shall destroy him; his army shall be swept away, and many shall fall down slain. 27 Both these kings’ hearts shall be bent on evil, and they shall speak lies at the same table; but it shall not prosper, for the end will still be at the appointed time. 28 While returning to his land with great riches, his heart shall be moved against the holy covenant; so he shall do damage and return to his own land.

Dan. 11:29 “At the appointed time he shall return and go toward the south; but it shall not be like the former or the latter. 30 For ships from Cyprus shall come against him; therefore he shall be grieved, and return in rage against the holy covenant, and do damage.

“So he shall return and show regard for those who forsake the holy covenant. 31 And forces shall be mustered by him, and they shall defile the sanctuary fortress; then they shall take away the daily sacrifices, and place there the abomination of desolation. 32 Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits. 33 And those of the people who understand shall instruct many; yet for many days they shall fall by sword and flame, by captivity and plundering. 34 Now when they fall, they shall be aided with a little help; but many shall join with them by intrigue. 35 And some of those of understanding shall fall, to refine them, purify them, and make them white, until the time of the end; because it is still for the appointed time.

Dan. 11:36 “Then the king shall do according to his own will: he shall exalt and magnify himself above every god, shall speak blasphemies against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the wrath has been accomplished; for what has been determined shall be done. 37 He shall regard neither the God of his fathers nor the desire of women, nor regard any god; for he shall exalt himself above them all. 38 But in their place he shall honor a god of fortresses; and a god which his fathers did not know he shall honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and pleasant things. 39 Thus he shall act against the strongest fortresses with a foreign god, which he shall acknowledge, and advance its glory; and he shall cause them to rule over many, and divide the land for gain."

In the last days this evil king will take power through intrigue and deception. This king will overcome the people of the covenant for a time. Only the love of the truth will save the believer from falling into this deception.

The fact that Israel exists today, does not command that we blindly come to her aid. What examples are we given in Scripture? We are given examples where God blesses those who bless His people Israel. We are also given examples where Israel seeks the aid of Egypt to prevent other nations from overcoming her. In these examples, God is against those who come to her aid.

These are the beginning of perilous times, only the love of the truth will bring the darkness of deception to light.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/11/23 18:14Profile
RabbiEukel

Southwest Missouri

Shalom, Jeff ... As a Messianic Jewish Rabbi I would say you have quoted Scripture that most closely resembles in our generation the rise and fall of Isalm that worships Baal Allah. It is clear that pluralism has caused many Believers to fall asleep ("visit") out of ignorance of Scripture (less than 15% of American Evangelicals have a daily habit of reading Scripture and those who do have daily devotions the vast majority spend less than 15 minutes a day allowing their heart, mind and strength (resources, is the direct Hebrew translation) to be "strangely warmed" by The Truth of GOD's Spirit. Love and Prayers, Rabbi Eukel

2004/11/23 19:57Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy