SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Impossible For the Proud to be Saved - Nee

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Impossible For the Proud to be Saved - Nee

Watchman Nee Daily Devotional for March 23

The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as the rest of men ... or even as this publican. Luke 18.11.

Not only does this Pharisee trust in his own righteousness, but the Lord Jesus further states that he also "exalteth himself" (v.14). All who exalt themselves will go to hell. I am a preacher of the gospel, and I must say that in all the years of such ministry I have never seen a proud man saved. If anyone desires to be saved, he must acknowledge himself as a helpless sinner. He cannot save himself, nor can he rely on himself. He should confess that hell is his deserved portion and prostrate himself at the foot of the cross of Christ—asking for grace, and trusting in Jesus of Nazareth who was crucified in shame for his sake. How humbling this must be! Yet without humility, who will do it? Nothing under heaven requires more humility than believing in the Lord Jesus as Saviour.

2011/3/23 6:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy