SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Sacrifice Of Cain And Abel Within Us

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bakary

GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA

The Sacrifice Of Cain And Abel Within Us

THE SACRIFICE OF CAIN AND ABEL WITHIN US
“And in the process of time it came to pass that Cain brought the fruit of the ground and offering unto the Lord . And Abel He also brought of the firstling of his flock and of the fat thereof . And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering. But unto Cain and his offering he has not. Respect .And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell. (Genesis 4v3-5)
Cain used the vegetables not knowing the Life of those vegetables comes from the ground. He brought the fruit of the Ground. We cannot present self as a sacrifice to God. The ground or earth is a type of a Life centered on self; because that is the place the vegetables takes there source. We found that Cain sacrifice was rejected, for God need Life directly from HIM not the one which has its source from the earthy realm. In this, the Lord told us we must die or separate from such a life of self if we are going partake on HIS life. Abel gets this revelation and knew that the Life of animal was on the blood.
The issue was Life and still is about Life. Abel knew through revelation that the Life was on the blood, but Cain taught it was on the vegetables which have there source from the earthy realms.
The battle still continues today between these two natures that are within us. The nature of Cain within us which try to please God or (find divine Life through self) or that of Abel that partake the Life through the blood of Calvary, which is a communion with the Living Christ. This is the second birth. Oh that we might die to our carnal taught, desires, ambition etc and wait daily for the pure blood of Christ through which we can partake Divine Life, what joy and rest will we partake in our daily activities amidst the many distraction, temptations and trials. None can enter this freedom but the Soul that knows the mystery of praying and communion with the Living Christ in all seasons. Such a Soul seeks Christ because He/She need Christ alone. Trouble, tribulation, evil report etc those not sake His /Her faith because He/She is daily establish on the Living Christ, the Rock and the Eternal Corner stone of the Spiritual Heavenly House of Faith.

2011/3/18 5:21Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: The Sacrifice Of Cain And Abel Within Us

Great post, I would add another aspect that many seem to forget. The attitude of the first life is one of pride, which will come naturally with self. Cain had in his heart look at all the hard work I did for the Lord, look at how I broke the ground and planted the seed and watered the earth to make the seed grow. He quickly forgot that God is the one that causes the increase.

That is what our righteousness is in God's eyes, self centered based on what we have done. The religious man will cry out look at all the hours I spent in prayer, and the countless hours in fasting, and the countless hours in the Word I must be a godly man but only God can make a man Godly and that is what many religious men forget. God's righteousness is the only righteousness required for salvation through Faith in Christ Jesus and His atoning work of the Cross. He is our righteousness.

2011/3/18 5:53Profile
bakary

GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA

Re:

Amen Mguldner. We are safe by HIS life , Complete.

2011/3/18 10:48Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy