SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : What do you seek?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

What do you seek?

Psalms 27:4

4 One thing I have desired of the LORD,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the LORD,
And to inquire in His temple.

I read this today and for some reason it stuff with me, perhaps conviction or just mear fascination or perhaps both. As I examine my heart when I read the word I ask myself these questions What is it that I seek? If I had to choose only one thing to seek and desire the rest of my days without being able to change that what would I choose? I know, I know God, but that is such a blanket answer David gets specific Not only do I desire to seek you but I want to look upon your beauty and have fellowship with You.

Its so easy to say God is the answer to that question but in reality and looking at your heart is it truly what you desire in your world around you. The last 5 decisions you have made were they in support of the answer of I desire God? In all honesty my heart does wonder and my brain seeks some of the things of this world at times, its not that I don't want to seek God but at times I lose my focus and get off course.

The more I study the word the more dependant I become on Christ Jesus and His mercy and grace. I am a worm lower than the earth. My heartaches at the desires of my heart that God reveals to me aren't His and at times its rough to submit them to Him. My encouragement for you today is examine yourself and see if you pass the test. For those that desire to seek God what do you do to keep your focus on Him? In times of stumbling how does that effect your focus and how do you regain that focus?

You don't have to be real with me but I do ask you be real with God because He already knows your heart deeper than you know your own.

2011/3/18 4:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy