See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Baptism of Fire

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
therick2018

Re: Baptism of Fire

@ HISslave

Here is an another idea. I recently heard this train of thought in a sermon by Jeff Noblitt at Grace Life Church, one of the sermons on John the Baptist.

He was preaching from Luke Chapter 3. One idea of fire is that it puries and refines. But another idea is that in Luke 3 John refers to the axe being laid at the root of the tree, that all bad trees will get cut down and cast into fire. He goes on to speak of Christ and His winnowing fork gathering wheat but burning all chaff. John is prophesying of the Coming Christ who is Lord over all, offering salvation to all who will come, but also sealing the fact that God truly is going to judge the world, all those who continue to reject Him. God is no longer winking at sin whatsoever, Offering infinte and tremendous Grace yes, but also that no one can be neutral toward Jesus Christ. Christ is come in the flesh, the axe is laid at the root of the tree, repent or perish. This actually fits in very well with Psalms 2 in speaking of the Lord's Anointed. That all men should kiss the Son, Christ, lest He be angry and they perish from the way when His wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in Him :)! I know this is probably not a popular way to interpret this passage, but I believe Noblitt hit it on the head.

From Luke 3
9"Indeed the axe is already laid at the root of the trees; so every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire."

16John answered and said to them all, "As for me, I baptize you with water; but One is coming who is mightier than I, and I am not fit to untie the thong of His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

17"His (Christ's) winnowing fork is in His hand to thoroughly clear His threshing floor, and to gather the wheat into His barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire."

2011/3/26 17:07Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy