SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : PURSUE LOVE

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

PURSUE LOVE

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient,
love is kind.
It does not envy,
it does not boast,
it is not proud.

It is not rude,
it is not self‑seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

It always protects,
always trusts,
always hopes,
always perseveres.

Love never fails.

But where there are prophecies, they will cease;
where there are tongues, they will be stilled;
where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

For we know in part and we prophesy in part,

but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain:

FAITH
HOPE
LOVE

But the greatest of these is love.
1 Cor. 13
~~~~~~~~~~
1 Cor. 14:1 PURSUE LOVE
~~~~~~~~~~
Lord, help me, us, to know this not only in word but that it would become who we are. Holy Spirit remind us during the days and nights. Let us be quick to repent and quick to choose You and Your ways. Without You Lord, I, am nothing.

2011/3/10 13:41Profile

Re:

Paul was accused of not being "loving" because he had to stand so hard against those beliefs and people who were not in the truth. He had to ask, "Have I become your enemy because I've told you the truth?"
He was persecuted more than any man, because Christ gave him the commission to establish true-truth in all the churches. He was hated for it. At times he had to get quite rough with his words.
Paul's love was the most self-sacrificial love of all. He wasn't out to win a popularity contest or to impress anyone but his Master.
Paul is the man who defined real-love by his life, actions and words.
Mark fled from Paul at one point because Paul blinded a man by His power.
Much confusion about Paul's and even Jesus' behavior that we don't see as Loving - though they wrote 1 Corth 13 - but there should be no confusion - because Paul loved His Truth above all else, because without His truth, the Church would/will fall and Paul knew that and took great costs to himself to fight the good fight, and warns us of the things we must deal, within our own generation. That is love.
Jesus' Love cleared the temple and spoke frankly to the religious heads of His day. If that isn't love, I fear what else that we'd prefer it to be, that isn't from the 'whole' counsel of GOD within His Word.

2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
2Ti 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
2Ti 3:9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.
2Ti 3:10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
2Ti 3:11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
2Ti 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
2Ti 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
2Ti 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

1Ti 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Each member/part of His Body has a different function, but He is The Head - The Truth, The Life and The Way - Glory to HIM Alone, The WORD of GOD.

2011/3/10 18:07
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee. Always good to have His Word to keep us on the straight & narrow. Amen

2011/3/10 18:48Profile

Re:

Amen Sis.

I was just thinking, that they killed Love-Incarnate because He spoke The Truth. Had He just done miracles and kept quiet, they wouldn't have hated Him so.
They killed all of His Apostles, because they loved enough to tell the truth.
And every martyr since, have died because they loved the truth more than life or even their own family... Now that's something that I have to take a deep breath on and pray.
Amazing Love!

Pray one for another.
Thanks!!

2011/3/10 19:01
Joyful_Heart

Re: PURSUE LOVE

Be glorified O' Lord and help us to know your Word and keep it in our hearts. You are worthy O Lord. You are worthy.

2011/3/10 19:27Profile

Re:

Quote:
I was just thinking, that they killed Love-Incarnate because He spoke The Truth. Had He just done miracles and kept quiet, they wouldn't have hated Him so.
They killed all of His Apostles, because they loved enough to tell the truth.
And every martyr since, have died because they loved the truth more than life or even their own family... Now that's something that I have to take a deep breath on and pray.
Amazing Love!

Amen! I was so very blessed by this entire thread. I actually hesitated to post, but just wanted to let you both know what a blessing this is.

"But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:" (Ephesians 4:15)

2011/3/11 15:55
Joyful_Heart

Re:

They will know we are Christian by our love, by our love.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 John 3:18 Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

1 John 3:19 This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in His Presence.

1 John 4:20 If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

1 John 4:21 And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.

Mark 12:33 To love Him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices."

Jude 1:2 Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance.

2011/3/12 22:41Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: PURSUE LOVE

At church Sat night, Bro Dan talked about the greatest example of love in John 4.1-38 (the woman at the well). He said something that I wrote down: "Jesus didn't judge her, He brought salvation to her and she ran back to town and brought others to salvation... Our love for others (or lack thereof) tells others who we are."

PURSUE the greatest of these, LOVE!!

God bless you,
Lisa

2011/3/14 9:12Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy