SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 2011 Desiring God regional conference at Saddleback

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TimmyJoe

Panama City, FL

2011 Desiring God regional conference at Saddleback

I read this morning on Rick Warren's twitter that John Piper will be preaching the 2011 Desiring God regional conference at Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, CA. April 29-30. You can get more information at www.desiringgod.org. John Piper will be speaking about the roots of Christian Hedonism.

I know there a many on this thread who will not be happy about this, but I am glad to see these two men working together. There is so much we can learn from our brothers and sisters in other "camps" if we will take the time to strive for unity (not uniformity) rather than taking pleasure in tearing each other apart!

2011/3/8 15:09Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re: 2011 Desiring God regional conference at Saddleback

Quote:
There is much we can learn from brothers and sisters in other "camps"

Amen TimmyJoe. I don't know much about the people mentioned but, if I recall, my ear hasn't done much breathing lately. I am afraid we forget, or even get mad because everybody doesn't see it our way. My ear will never breathe ( I hope) and my nose will have to let my ear do the hearing for him and rejoice that it is so. And learn from the ear what it is like to hear since he (the nose) knows nothing about hearing.

Peter said we are stewards of the manifold grace of God. There are many folds, facets, expressions, and functions of God's grace. Nobody has it all. amen

Ruf

2011/3/9 8:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy