SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God or family

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mitchell1260

God or family

How do you choose between God or family?My wife is always upset when I stay past service at church. She always says I'm choosing church over them.

2011/3/7 13:39Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: God or family

Mitchell. Why are you staying after long enough to have your wife get miffed? IS there something she needs to do after service, like feed the kids, nap time, etc???

It seems like there is something a little deeper here...

Blessings!

2011/3/7 14:04Profile
mitchell1260

Re:

She no longer goes to church. I think it is the devil pulling all the strings he can.I have grown tremendously in my spiritual walk with Christ over the past month.That seems to be when it really started.

2011/3/7 14:55Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

You absolutly need to choose the Lord first, but that choice may not mean that you have to stay long after the service.

Respectfully, my personal opinion is that you need to spend as much time with your wife as possible and work on you two. The Lord does not want a split between you two.

Pray for you and her. I will be as well. Blessings!

2011/3/7 15:18Profile
mitchell1260

Re:

Thank you.God is first.

2011/3/7 16:11Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Do you and your wife talk or is there separation there?

That bridge needs to be put back together and worked on otherwise you will not have much peace in that home. No amount is prayer is going to do anything until you make that move to build that bridge to her.

2011/3/7 17:17Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Prayer is the FIRST and BEST thing that he can do. Seek the Lord about this first. He is more then capable of fixing this.

2011/3/7 17:39Profile
learjet

Re:

Hi Mitchell,

I went through the EXACT same thing. Boy my wife was ticked, but then something strange happened, she got saved. At that time I knew very little about the Lord but felt that the Lord told me not to cave in. I'm not telling you what to do brother, please understand that, just empathizing with you.

I wish I had my wife's testimony handy, it's the most miraculous thing that I've ever heard. The Lord brought her under tremendous conviction, and then presented Himself to her. Just thinking about it makes me weep every time, He is so good!

Quote:
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. -1 Peter 5:6 and 7

This scripture was my lifeline, I hope it will help you as well.

PM me anytime, with anything and I will be happy to pray you through this, I promise!

This promise is for you, and it's the truth, He is not a man that He should lie:

Quote:
They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household." -Acts 16:31

Hold on to that and don't let anyone talk you out of it, HE IS FAITHFUL! I can tell you that with 100% confidence because I'm on the other side of the promise, like you will be! Feint not!

God bless you brother!

In Christ,
Earl J

2011/3/7 19:11Profile
mitchell1260

Re:

Thank you everyone for the encouragement. God bless you.

2011/3/8 3:47Profile
learjet

Re:

Mitchell,

Here you go, I posted my wife's testimony for you. I hope that it encourages you!

Here's the link:
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=37909&forum=35

Praise the Lord!

In Christ,
Earl J

2011/3/8 12:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy