SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : King David in the nude?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Very cool! I didn't even catch the point of her using a household idol to allow David to get away. I mean its unlikely she borrowed the thing from a neighbor and so was highly likely it was her own. This would also explain the childlessness, I would also point out also that a root of bitterness robs one of their blessing. Michal definitely had some kind of bitterness built up whether if be for God or for David. Also whether David set her aside or God sovereignly shut her womb Michal would likely be shamed by either and thus receive her punishment.

2011/3/2 8:15Profile

Re: King David in the nude?

Thanks for your warm response.

You may also find these verses interesting:

Genesis 30:1 And when Rachel saw that she bare Jacob no children, Rachel envied her sister; and said unto Jacob, Give me children, or else I die.

I have heard this verse preached that Rachel was calling on God, as much as Jacob.

Genesis 30:22 And God remembered Rachel, and God hearkened to her, and opened her womb.

But like Solomon, her heart was always divided.

Genesis 31:34 Now Rachel had taken the images, and put them in the camel's furniture, and sat upon them. And Laban searched all the tent, but found [them] not.

1 Kings 3:3 And Solomon loved the LORD, walking in the statutes of David his father: only he sacrificed and burnt incense in high places. 4 And the king went to Gibeon to sacrifice there; for that [was] the great high place: a thousand burnt offerings did Solomon offer upon that altar. 5 In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee. 6 And Solomon said...

I am always amazed at this scenario, and God's determination to work with Solomon, despite his shortcomings.

2 Kings 23:13 And the high places that [were] before Jerusalem, which [were] on the right hand of the mount of corruption, which Solomon the king of Israel had builded for Ashtoreth the abomination of the Zidonians, and for Chemosh the abomination of the Moabites, and for Milcom the abomination of the children of Ammon, did the king defile.

{the mount...: that is, the mount of Olives}

2011/3/2 11:04

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy