SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Another False Revival: Bay of the Holy Spirit Revival?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Another False Revival: Bay of the Holy Spirit Revival?

I went to messianic dancing this morning and someone was telling me about this miracle revival in Mobile Alabama and as I skeptical of anything that is on the God Channel
http://www.bayoftheholyspiritrevival.info/nathan-morris-1/

this is there information are we getting the same thing as Todd Bentley

Quote:

Revival History

Church of His Presence in Daphne, Alabama hosted “Open the Heavens Conference 2010.” On the last night, July 23rd, British Evangelist, Nathan Morris, was ministering as God’s Presence was ushered in. Notable healings took place and children began to be touched by the power of God. Pastor John Kilpatrick, former pastor and overseer of the Brownsville Revival in Pensacola, FL, stated it felt like Father’s Day 1995 when that historic revival began.

A spontaneous decision was made to extend the meetings at the Daphne Civic Center to see what God would do. Nathan and Shake the Nations team cancelled their flights to Hawaii scheduled for that weekend. Since then, attendance has grown as people have traveled from across America and other countries. To accommodate the crowds and meet regularly on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, the revival meetings were moved to the Mobile Convention Center in Mobile, AL.

This move of God has been called the Bay of the Holy Spirit Revival. Historically, Mobile Bay was named on early Spanish maps Bahía del Espíritu Santo, (Bay of The Holy Spirit). In 2008 a memorial historical sign commemorating the name Bay of the Holy Spirit was approved by the Alabama Historical Association and a Commendation was signed by Governor Bob Riley.

Since that miraculous night of July 23rd, hundreds have given their lives to Christ and been delivered by the power of God. Extraordinary miracles and healings are continuing each night. We are seeing the lame walk, the blind see, deaf ears open and diverse terminal illnesses healed.

We invite you to come and experience the Presence, Power and Glory of our Lord.

I am skeptical of anything out of Brownsville and John Kilpatrick. I need to see Doctors Reports before i believe that miracles are happening

1 John 4:1
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Thessalonians 2
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work : only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed , whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish ; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved . 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 13 But we are bound to give thanks

1 John 4:6 KJV
We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

I so want a true revival to put these false revivals to shame but I so want what is true! I had to fight on Wikipedia tooth and nail over Todd Bentley actually detailing what was really going on in Florida.
Then I am trying to fight with issues such as the Shack,

It is almost as a christian you have to tell people do not follow this and this because it is bad, I so wish people had more a love of the truth!

I also do not want to be like Andrew Murray who missed a revival. I so want a genuine biblical revival as Greg has put on the Semonindex Slogan!

2 Timothy 3:13 KJV
But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse , deceiving , and being deceived

My problem is with these False Revivals what damage it does to the Gospel and to non christians.

It is such a pain trying to refute Christians whilst trying to preach the gospel to non Christians

I love how Andrew Strom and others released books almost instantly refuting heresies such as Todd Bentley, what we need is Pamphlets that we can print out to refute things such as The Emergent Church (Rob Bell, Brian Mclaren, Steve Chalke, etc), Word of Faith Movement (Joyce Meyer, Benny Hinn,Creflo Dollar, Kenneth Hagin) and Toronto Movements (Heidi Baker and others), The Shack, Harry Potter, Yoga, Ecumenical Movement and so many others just in some of these!

I am so desperate for the True because it makes the False things look so dumb, it is like I have been lied to so much I am desperate for the truth!

2011/2/26 15:36Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re: Another False Revival: Bay of the Holy Spirit Revival?

I am sure many today would reject Paul, servant of God, called to be an apostle, when he and his group acted like they were out of their mind unto the Lord. 2 Cor 5:13.

Friend, I have to believe you are serious when you say you are desperate for the truth.

You could begin by ceasing your agreement with the enemy in accusing others. Join Jesus Christ in His constant intercession for them.

"Revival" may not be as neat and tidy as we are lead to believe.

Ruf

p.s. Someone said "neither will they be persuaded though one rose from the dead"

2011/2/26 16:23Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

I think the biggest concern about this is whether the gospel is being preached. Forget whether there is healings or not. They can be lying signs and wonders. If there is no repentance of sins and all people are doing is looking for an experience then this will soon fail.

The last 'revival' I ever went to was the laughing mess back in the 90's with Rodney Howard Browne. It wasn't until after it was passed that I understood what was going on and I do have some stories along with it.

I have had my fill of 'church' and healings and such not longer 'move' me. Give me someone who preaches a stern heart pounding message of repentance to the point of weeping and I shall come and weep along side of him in repentance. That is really all I care about anymore. Repentance and a renewing of my mind and heart to understand what God is calling me to.

2011/2/26 16:33Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
deltadom wrote:
I need to see Doctors Reports before i believe that miracles are happening

Be careful of what you say.

Quote:
deltadom wrote:
I had to fight on Wikipedia tooth and nail over Todd Bentley actually detailing what was really going on in Florida. Then I am trying to fight with issues such as the Shack

Brother Delta, it sounds like you are doing way too much fighting. Let’s put this in perspective, look at the Christians in China; they have to listen to negative propaganda daily and they do what they can, how they can when they can. And they are part of the martyrs that will be resurrected first!!! (Rev 20.4)

God can seriously take care of himself! You do not have to accuse anyone of being wrong and help plaster it all over Wikipedia (Rufnrust is correct in this).

Quote:
deltadom:
I am so desperate for the True because it makes the False things look so dumb, it is like I have been lied to so much I am desperate for the truth!

Brother, believe only one thing... the written word of God and learn to know His voice when He speaks to you so you can follow Him. “My sheep know my voice and none other will they follow.” Know these and you will know the True.

God bless you, brother
Lisa

Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Luke 12.32

PS:
Quote:
deltadom:
I also do not want to be like Andrew Murray who missed a revival. I so want a genuine biblical revival as Greg has put on the Semonindex Slogan!

Which revival did Andrew Murray miss? By his writings, I thought he was a revival all by himself!!! Amen? That’s what we need to be! Look up his book called, “Divine Healing.”

2011/2/26 18:39Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Quote:
deltadom:
Which revival did Andrew Murray miss? By his writings, I thought he was a revival all by himself!!! Amen? That’s what we need to be! Look up his book called, “Divine Healing.”

Misquote Andrew Murray almost missed a revival because it was not he was expecting!

Quote:
deltadom wrote:
I need to see Doctors Reports before i believe that miracles are happening
Be careful of what you say.

Is it wrong to want evidence as there have been so many false reports of miracles such as people like benny hinn and others!

I grew up in a school where the Toronto blessing was prevelant and had to fight in school and have been fighting against this thing since I was 14 or younger and had to explain to the people in my new school the crazieness of that.

I am not one who thinks that if the false is out there, there must be true bank notes if there are false ones.

I have spent hours on end analyzing what is false and so thankful for people like Greg and others who point me to the truth or it is I have so spent time with the real God that whenever something fake comes up in stands out like a sore thumb, to be in God Presence is the only way!
It does not mean that we should disregard the literature of past and present and people such as Athenaius who died to stop heresies from Arias.
Should we love Jesus and his word to the point where we can stand against things that pollute our church and cause damage not only to those that are within but those are without.
Such as the ecumenical movement or other things where you have to say Christianity is not this or this or this.
Where are the men of old who can stand up like People like Tyndale and others?

My heart longs for the true and the real! As it is so sick of what is not!

2011/2/26 19:26Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
deltadom:
Is it wrong to want evidence as there have been so many false reports of miracles such as people like benny hinn and others!

Well to be perfectly honest... yes, it is wrong.

I can tell you that I’ve seen a healing and the woman who was healed was not like those people on benny hinn saying ever so softly, “yes, I’m healed.” The whole block knew something happened to this woman and she herself threw off her wrist bandages. She had been touched by an almighty God and was healed!

Quote:
deltadom:
I have spent hours on end analyzing what is false

Brother, we need to not analyze that much, I promise you. We walk by faith and NOT by our books or by our sight! The disciples didn’t have books, the just had the Torah that the Pharisees distorted and still they set the world on fire. But your gonna believe what you want to believe.

Quote:
deltadom:
Where are the men of old who can stand up like People like Tyndale and others?

Brother, they are out there. They are just not on TBN or GodTV or whatever it is!!

Quote:
deltadom:
My heart longs for the true and the real!

You don’t have to long, it’s here. Be the revival you desire to see!!

God bless you, bro!
Lisa

2011/2/26 19:54Profile

The bible says we must "test" the spirits; otherwise, you may believe a lie, be deceived, and be judged by God. It is wise to test those who say they are messengers of God.

I counted several bawdy promotions on this site, hawking for your dollar. That alone should be enough to chill your enthusiasm that the Holy one is behind this; He doesn't need, or want your cash. He wants your heart...and doesn't sell or charge to redeem you, and heal you.

I think the desperate one is anyone who could believe this was from God at all. See Andrew Strom's exhortation on Kundalini power.....and furthermore Jesus doesn't need to sound a trumpet when He moves, nor want attention.

This grieves me, and I see it as a flash in the pan, thank God.

2011/2/26 20:36

Re:

Quote:

Go anyways, you know the truth. If we had something like that here, I'd be there. Someone claiming to do miracles and healing, things like that haven't gone on here in almost 40 years, I'd go and see whats going on.

If people are getting healed miraculously it won't be from the devil because the devil can't heal nothing, he can't create.

2011/2/26 21:24

Re:

Deuteronomy 14:1-3

If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder comes true, concerning which he spoke to you, saying, 'Let us go after other gods (whom you have not known) and let us serve them,' you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is testing you to find out if you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Mathew 6:14

"AN EVIL AND ADULTEROUS GENERATION SEEKS AFTER A SIGN; and a sign will not be given it, except the sign of Jonah." And He left them and went away.

We could look at some more Scripture, but those two should be sufficient enough, I'd say.

2011/2/26 22:45

Re:

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Brother Dom, you are right on target again.

Just one look at the link you posted should have been enough for any of us to discern the money making scheme that this site is and anything linked to it.

"Related Videos" - Benny Hinn, plus, plus - if you watch that thing long enough - or refresh the page.

Nothing is free on there. Every banner is for something for sale.

I literally started to shake while on there.

Brother, don't change a thing about your stance. In these days, better to err on the side of your gut feelings than to be deceived - as Most Will Be, according to His WORD and I know you are not going by Just gut feelings here.
This is just another Todd Bentley type extravaganza and may be even the more deceptive, because these hirelings learned more of "what not to do" from Todd.

We know - as the days go on - from Matt 24:24 that the deceptions will get even the harder to 'discern', just by the wording of that verse.

When it's the Real thing - No one will need a money making website to announce it and people won't have to travel at all to get that blessing or a healing ... if they know His WORD at all.

We can't stop these things from invading the world - they'll only be increasing in every way - but Jesus told us to just "watch that you not be deceived" - period.

Christ Jesus Bless and protect you.

2011/2/27 4:31

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy