SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Direction and guidance.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Direction and guidance.

I am in need of prayer for direction and guidance not only for myself but for my family. Never did I think leading a small group of people would be so tough! My small tribe and I are starting to reach forks in the road and bridges that now need to be crossed. My prayer is that as we reach these forks we take the paths that bring the most glory and honor to Christ Jesus.

I also have been hinted at the fact that an associate pastor position/ worship leader position is possible in the near future at the church I attend and that I fit the bill for what they would like. I am uncertain I want to be a pastor after seeing a glimpse of it. I truly enjoy ministry but at times I don't like the packaging it sometimes comes in. There is a part of me that really wants to take the job because it would be an opportunity to be a full time minister and do what I truly love, worshiping and Praising God through singing to Him.

So I guess that is one of the many forks I have come to, I thank you all for your prayers and appreciate them very much.

2011/2/24 3:32Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Direction and guidance.

I have no advice to offer since I'm not attending a church at the moment but I will be in prayer for you.

If you do take it, have courage and don't think you're alone because even God wanted to wipe out creation because of all their complaining!! LOL You will be in great company.

Remember "love" always wins the day even when you come to those forks in the road.

God bless you Brother!
Lisa

2011/2/24 8:21Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Thank you Lisa your words were informative and encouraging! :) Also thank you for your prayers they are much needed and appreciated!

2011/2/24 8:34Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Praying for you as well. Big decision. Let the peace of God speak on this.

Ruf

2011/2/24 8:48Profile
browny

Praying the Lord give you wisdom!
And He will do!

browny

2011/2/27 9:20Profile

Once you begin to derive your living from man,you become what Jesus directly called a "Hireling"....and never forget, "The Hireling flees when the wolf comes....

"But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees;

... and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. 13 The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep."............................

"here is a part of me that really wants to take the job because it would be an opportunity to be a full time minister...",mguldner

Your sentiments seem very self centered to me,and I ask, "Where is your merciful care for the sheep? You want a position for yourself, and the benefits of that position.I wonder if you are in a position to be a true shepherd at all.

I think that if you do this,it is inevitable that you will lose your dependence on God alone.[If you have ever had it] I've seen it over and over and over...and they[professionals] do not even see it when it happens to them.

My advice is to repent, and learn to lay yourselves down for your church body, with the same care that you might have for your infant children; whatever the cost to your ambitions.

2011/2/27 9:52

Hi Matthew,

I would like to direct you to an old thread which you may not have read, called 'Just who is responsible for this state of affairs...?' in which is a discussion about church life, gatherings of saints and their roles, as the Bible indicates.

I know it's long, but I think you'll pick up a lot of insight, and you may feel less obliged to your local congregation for your ministry.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=26547&forum=40&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0

I come from a background which believes that the Lord, through the Holy Spirit, is well able to lead the ministry in an orderly manner, through all the saints assembled, including singing in the Spirit, choosing hymns, psalms and choruses - even starting them off for the whole congregation, (without a PA system) and letting the musicians figure out (maybe improve) the key and provide accompaniament. There can be pitfalls, but the question to be answered is whether each member of the body was free to function in the role GOD has given them?

The main verse which supports this (imho), is Psalm 22:22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.

repeated in Hebrews 2:12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

The most important thing is for everyone to be seeking God, and keeping their mouth shut until He gives them something to share, and being in continual listening mode so as to hear everything He is saying through one another, as well as giving time throughout for people to pray into the word coming from the Lord.

If you already have oversight of a small flock, and you're laying down your life for them, that is worth a LOT to the sheep. Be faithful in that small thing first, till GOD moves you on - maybe to another small thing. ;)

2011/2/27 21:06
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

"My advice is to repent, and learn to lay yourselves down for your church body, with the same care that you might have for your infant children; whatever the cost to your ambitions."

Brother Tom your words seem very harsh and unloving on top of judgmental, I will admit when I first read them my first reaction was sarcasm which is something the Lord is leading me out of. I do truly seek to serve the Lord's flock but I know I am unworthy of the task. The reason I posted this thread in the first place was I have great reservations to being paid to do ministry but now that an opportunity has come my first impulse would be to go with it to do what I love on top of be able to support my family. However this impulse based on feeling is going away and I couldn't agree more with your some words.

May I ask though, Do you believe all ministers who are full time ministers hirelings that only seek selfish ambition?

2011/3/1 1:22Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

"I come from a background which believes that the Lord, through the Holy Spirit, is well able to lead the ministry in an orderly manner, through all the saints assembled, including singing in the Spirit, choosing hymns, psalms and choruses - even starting them off for the whole congregation, (without a PA system) and letting the musicians figure out (maybe improve) the key and provide accompaniament."

This is probably more biblical and accurate and actually what I seek to be apart of. I am glad this is your background because it seems to be a rarity. I have thought many times to start a home church and have this kind of setting, I understand and desire the beauty of it unfortunately my wife hasn't quite got the glimpse of its beauty. I have prayed since I was married that my wife and I would have a united ministry together, the Lord is still working on answering this prayer. Thank you for the thread I will definitely read it.

2011/3/1 1:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy