SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Facebook "Like" button for featured sermon

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Facebook "Like" button for featured sermon

Brothers and Sister,

We are going to try and see if this is profitable to have a "like" button on the front page of SermonIndex for awhile. There are many benifits to this and it will also help build some anticipation in the users on a popular sermon that many people are being touched by.

here is some of the things this button does as per the facebook developer site:

The Like button lets a user share your content with friends on Facebook. When the user clicks the Like button on your site, a story appears in the user's friends' News Feed with a link back to your website.

----

Go ahead and try it out! It would be exciting to see some sermons virally spread through facebook and other mediums more!

2011/2/23 17:07Profile
DesertRose

Boston.MA

Re: Facebook "Like" button for featured sermon

Great idea. Thanks. I like it.

2011/2/23 17:35Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Facebook "Like" button for featured sermon

It'd be super cool if every sermon could have one of these.

2011/2/23 18:10Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
It'd be super cool if every sermon could have one of these.

I was considering this but it would add alot of "loading" time to the site and also if facebook went down it would make abit of a mess on the site with many things not loading.

I am pretty happy with it on the front page as long as it does not break alot and not load well. I am glad you like it!

2011/2/23 18:54Profile
Jeremy221

Re: Rendering

Hi Greg,

The featured sermon banner is rendering wrongly for me on mobile Safari. It is displaying twice as large as it should, as in the height of the image is 2x thus showing two full copies of the image.

I liked your revision of the sermon banner with all the photos of the preachers. The toned down image did not distract the eye at all.

The Ravenhill "Man of God" section looked interesting, however the need to use text seems to distract from the draw of the graphic. It might be worth it to consider how you can convey the information in the context of the graphic itself.

Note all these observations are from viewing the website on mobile Safari and related browsers. I like how your changes are coming together. Good work brother.

2011/2/24 0:45Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The featured sermon banner is rendering wrongly for me on mobile Safari. It is displaying twice as large as it should, as in the height of the image is 2x thus showing two full copies of the image.

Brother, thanks for reporting this! yes I got the same error but I am not as excited to get it perfectly to load in safari mobile which I use on itouch but it is worth noteing.

Thank you for sharing your observations on the other items you mentioned. They will all be taken into account!

2011/2/24 3:10Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brothers and Sisters,

It seems the "like" button for the featured sermon at this point has been bringing more downloads and interest to the "featured message" we will continue to keep it up for the next featured sermon to see the response on that also. May God continue to use these technologies for his glory and the spread of His kingdom on this earth. Eternity is so close.

2011/2/28 19:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy