Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Letter to Dr. James Dobson

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
rooster

Letter to Dr. James Dobson

Dear Gentlepeople:
As a Brother in the Lord who too voted for President Bush, I am beginning to feel that disconcerting pain. He and his team appear to be distancing themselves from the Anti-Abortion proponents; and it appears to be an “overt” move - especially with the “tap on the shoulder” of the infamous Mr. Specter. I voted for Mr. Bush because of his stand against Abortion, disregarding the insouciance the President has displayed the past four years towards our Nation’s poor. I am still awaiting the commencement of his heartfelt: “Compassionate Conservatism”.
I believe America has become great and maintained its “Greatness” through the kindness it has bestowed upon its own disenfranchised. When America forbears in performing such altruistic acts of kindness - America will cease to be Great. Moreover, Scripture directs us in such a matter:

(16) "'He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" declares the LORD." (Jeremiah 22:16)

(7) "The scoundrel's methods are wicked, he makes up evil schemes to destroy the poor with lies, even when the plea of the needy is just." (Isaiah 32:7)

(7) "If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother."(Deuteronomy 15:7)

(11)"There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land." (Deuteronomy 15:11)

(4) “Hear this - you who trample the needy and do away with the poor of the land.” (Amos 8:4)

(17-18) "If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." (1 John 3:17-18)

In conclusion, Dear Dr. Dobson – You are one of the few people who can keep their “Feet to the Fire”. Otherwise, this issue is going to go the way of the well-meaning administrations of yore: i.e. Reagan, Bush Sr. Bush Jr. etc, etc, etc…. I will be praying for you Dr. “D”

2004/11/18 14:30Profile
InigoMontoya

Michigan

Re: Letter to Dr. James Dobson

This whole election has been absolutely heart wrenching. I was still praying till hours before voting time on who to even cast a vote for. Since its over, and God's chosen Bush Jr. as our governement, we just need to pray for him.

2004/11/18 20:51Profile

Rooster

Thanks for saying in that post what I want to say.
God bless you ismy prayer.
Neil

2004/11/18 21:40
Rahman

Re: Letter to Dr. James Dobson

Don't despair Rooster ...

If you voted the way that you felt led of the Lord to do, you did so in faith ... God's will has been done, He has everything under control, so now to see what His further will will be in regards to Bush, America's government, it's secular, and theocratic people ...

Did you know that since this election the pollsters have come up with a new name for we saints, they now call us Theocrats (which i love), and everyone else Secularist ...

From what i see high profile leaders such as Dr. D, of the so called Christian right, are determined to hold the Republicans (especially Pres. Bush) feet to the fire, as they feel we Christians were instrumental in his 2nd. term, and he owes God/us the values that made us cast our vote for him ...

Senator Specter had no idea, as did much of secular America, of the power of the snoozing giant known as the Church of Christ, they all do now, as there are all kinds of studies being done on the Christian voter ... Senator Specter felt the force of being taken to task by the Theocracy, and he caved, although his voting record has always sided with Bush, but he and the rest of secular America now understand that they have a morals, ethics, values fight on their hands, and they are scared ... i don't know if you're a C-Span junkie like i am, but if you watch it you'll see just how angry/scared they are ... There are moderate, and conservative Democrats right now calling for the seperation of their party from the homosexual agenda, and trying to figure out how to reach the Christian vote ... Christianity has awoken to it's power in the political arena, now i just pray God to wake us up even more in our spiritual arena ...

i believe God has given America the opportunity of reprieve from further escalating into deeper "perilous times", for a time ...

How Does a World Slip into Perilous Times? https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3766&forum=35

... and a further grace period from becoming as horribly unGodly as Europe has become, which for us would be even more catastophic because of how materialistic and pleasure/amusement seeking America is, which is why i still see dire times ahead for America economically ... i think God by His awful grace (judgment) will give this nation extended opportunity to turn even closer to Him by chastisement before He closes the door to this despensation of grace ...

EUROPE: The New Dark Continent
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3773&forum=35

Rooster these are most exciting times for we Christians to be living in so again don't despair, for He has not given us the spirit of fear, and ALL THINGS work together for the good of WE that love our Lord and are called according to His purpose ... Amen

2004/11/19 8:36Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Theocrats

I could live with that...
Though 'Tozerphile' is better... ;-)

Better yet, 'misfit' would suffice.

2004/11/19 9:01Profile
RabbiEukel

Southwest Missouri

Value Voters - Visiting or Vigilant?

Many of us, "valued voters," participated in the Presidential election process. Victory is sweet, but "mission accomplished" can not be our backdrop banner. The issues before the United States Supreme Court (e.g., The public display of The Ten Commandments in both a KY and TX case) are critical. It requires that "valued voters" not just 'visit' every 4 years during the presidential election cycle, but remain vigilant. Every county has the two major political parties represented. Frankly, as a Believer who has been in the political strategy consulting practice for over 29 years, it only takes 100 committed Believers in a county to strategize strongly together to impact the local party leadership. All politics is local. If 25 evangelical churches were able to equip and encourage four from their congregation to become local active agents of the "valued voters" in their county party (Republican or democrat) those 100 frontline disciples could lead the local party. The chairman and vice-chairman officers are automatically on the State Executive Central Committee. By leading the local party, they impact the State. Each State's Executive Committee has delegates to the National Committees. Are we, "valued voters" just visiting or will we be vigilant? America's values are at a crossroad. If we can help by encouraging or equipping you further, or be a part of your prayer support, please let us know. Love and Prayers, Rabbi Eukel

2004/11/19 15:39Profile
RabbiEukel

Southwest Missouri

Re: Value Voters - Visiting or Vigilant?

Shalom ... I am trusting that this thread remains active or is established as a separate thread. Should this become inactive, the loss of vibrancy clearly indicates Believers, post-election, have retreated to "visiting" rather than being "vigilant" in the process of contending for the faith in the marketplace of politics. Valued Voters, where are you? Love and Prayers, Rabbi DF Eukel

2004/11/20 19:31Profile

"Contending"?

Rabbi,
for myself, I've have been quiet, because I'm watching.

I did NOT vote for Bush, I voted AGAINST him, and allow me to tell you why. I believe that the secular republican party has NO intention of ending abortion on demand......and Bush LIED about the cause of war. This deceit is evidence of the "fruit" of his salvation.

Bad fruit can't come from a good tree.

The republican SAY they're against abortion and Its just sweet words designed to seduce the seducable body of believers.

Furthermore, if the church was living where it should live, they would recognize the depraved sin this war in Iraq is. Its murder, wardeath and sin. It has nothing to do with the war on "terror".

Enough. (out of me)

God is sovereign, and Jesus is love, and thats the rest of what I want to say.

2004/11/20 20:03
jeremyhulsey

Re: "Contending"?

Ratchet down the rhetoric please Neilgin1. The election's over. He's our president and I respect your right to dislike that fact, but it is a fact and now it's your responsibility to pray for him.

Let's work together in the Gospel to change the hearts of men and change our country that way.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2004/11/20 20:09Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I respect your right to dislike that fact, but it is a fact and now it's your responsibility to pray for him.

Yes discussing politics on SermonIndex is not a edifying and good subject to discuss. I think our primary responsibility is to pray, it will be the best use of our words and thoughts towards this subject.

2004/11/20 20:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy